RuPaul’s Drag Race - General Discussion Thread

Elliott

7 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Without giving too much away I think you will find yourself enjoying her more this time around! I liked her well enough in S10 but wasn’t until AS4 that she became a main fave of mine :haha:

4 minutes ago, Solaris said:

I didn't remember her from her first season, she was a non-entity.  I only remember her for AS4

Lol yeah I'm thinking and hoping that's the case with Monique - at making a bigger impact on AS4. I liked her on S10 too but gosh i got hounded for not being big on her there. :haha: Wondering if and hoping she could be like an Aja or Raven type for me.

28 minutes ago, Solaris said:

beats me.  

And also Farrah & Valentina squashed their beef so even less reason for her to be there. :dead:  

21 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Y'all some fake fans. Monique was one of my favourites in S10. 😘

:unsure:  

Finally catching up and quickly commenting on Wally's (fairly) recent thoughts :haha:

Season 9

- Yayyy for that flawless Shea/Peppermint/Valentina top 3! :wub: Loved all three of them especially. Season 9 was the first season I watched live and found myself enjoying Valentina the most throughout, and then was SHOOK when the mask thing happened as went in completely unspoiled. :dead: And then Shea/Peppermint are both flawless! Shea definitely deserved the win, but yeah Sasha beat her fair and square in the new twist, it's just a shame they had to bring it in then :haha:

- Understand your comments on Sasha too and how she wasn't someone who you were too drawn to. I was initially the same and then came to really enjoy her more as time went on, although would have preferred the Shea win but like I said, she did a great job in that finale. I wasn't a big fan of Trinity in the season, but she did have some really funny moments :haha:

All-Stars 3

- YAY for the Shangela #1! I would expect nothing else :wub: Like I've mentioned before she is my #1 queen and All-Stars 3 definitely helped to cement that. She slayed it so much over the season and the way she got screwed over by the twist is definitely the most annoyed I've been watching Drag Race :/ DeLa totally slayed the season too and it was super sad when she left as I really enjoyed her. But yeah, her jury decisioning... I'm not over it :/ 

- BeBe :wub: Admittedly I wasn't a huge fan of her AS3 run at the time but I love her so much as a queen and looking back at some of those crazy/messy moments she had, like you mentioned with her dancing in the final challenge, and her Drag Up Your Life rap :dead: I'm not really a Trixie fan, I think she's great at what she does but just not really the type of drag I enjoy. But she had some funny moments in the season like you mentioned. Like you said as well, the shenanigans of the finale really soured the season for me and so I kinda hold that against her win even though I know it's not her fault :haha:

- I love Kennedy as a queen and she's such an excellent performer but like you said, very hit-or-miss in the season. Lots of funny moments but also some not great moments. Also totally agree with your Aja comments! Love how you ranked her so low for Season 9 and then much higher for All-Stars 3 as I was very much in the same position - I didn't enjoy her the first time and then found myself rooting for her on All-Stars, she really stepped it up. I remember early on in the season thinking 'the top 3 has to be Shangela, DeLa and Aja!' and then of course none of them made it :dead:

Season 10

- I'm glad you have Asia at #1 here too :wub: Of course we'd agree on the #1s for all of these :giggle:Like you say she's a super kind queen and amazingly talented, she has a big reputation outside of Drag Race so I did hope she was going to slay a little more than she did. But then I think those not-so-great moments made for a nice storyline for her to grow (I choose to forget the Snatch Game!).

- Sooooo I think we usually agree on 95% of these but... you know I'ma have to hard disagree on Eureka, I'm sorry :dead: Sadly her personality was way OTT for me and I couldn't enjoy her, on top of how I was #TeamVixen in their drama, even though I think both of them definitely had their flaws. I got the impression that she still needed time to grow and mature, and from what I've seen of her post-Drag Race I do feel like she has been doing this which is good.

- Really like Aquaria too and what you had to say here! She really impressed me throughout the season, probably has my favorite repertoire of runways but also had some great funny moments. Probably one of my favorite winners especially with how she's used her platform post-Drag Race to lift up black queens and the negativity they can receive from fans. I really enjoyed Monet too and her rollercoaster journey like you said... I'm excited to see what your thoughts on her will be in the near future!

- Fair placements here for Cracker and Kameron and I agree with them both. :yes: Cracker was someone I wanted to enjoy more and I thought would have more in her but she seemed to be in her head a lot of the time and could never connect as strongly to the competition as I'd hoped. As for Kameron, I do feel the same. I did like her and was happy she made the final 4, I just never really connected to her, which I do think was in part to how we didn't see a lot of her for like, the first half of the show. :haha: An amazing lip-syncer though and I enjoyed her performances there.

- Agreed with your comments on Blair and Vixen too! I really liked Blair and thought she was super sweet on the season. Vixen was definitely complex and I felt the same where sometimes I rooted for her and other times I struggled to. From what I've seen though, her Black Girl Magic show is really great (and it just got a shoutout from the Obama Foundation too which is awesome!). Monique was someone who I felt deserved more credit from the judges, and I was sad to see her go so soon. But I'm excited for you to see her in AS4!

Sorry that was longer than I thought it would be! :dead: I've been meaning to catch up for so long. :haha:

20 hours ago, *Lily said:

Finally catching up and quickly commenting on Wally's (fairly) recent thoughts :haha:

Season 9

- Yayyy for that flawless Shea/Peppermint/Valentina top 3! :wub: Loved all three of them especially. Season 9 was the first season I watched live and found myself enjoying Valentina the most throughout, and then was SHOOK when the mask thing happened as went in completely unspoiled. :dead: And then Shea/Peppermint are both flawless! Shea definitely deserved the win, but yeah Sasha beat her fair and square in the new twist, it's just a shame they had to bring it in then :haha:

- Understand your comments on Sasha too and how she wasn't someone who you were too drawn to. I was initially the same and then came to really enjoy her more as time went on, although would have preferred the Shea win but like I said, she did a great job in that finale. I wasn't a big fan of Trinity in the season, but she did have some really funny moments :haha:

All-Stars 3

- YAY for the Shangela #1! I would expect nothing else :wub: Like I've mentioned before she is my #1 queen and All-Stars 3 definitely helped to cement that. She slayed it so much over the season and the way she got screwed over by the twist is definitely the most annoyed I've been watching Drag Race :/ DeLa totally slayed the season too and it was super sad when she left as I really enjoyed her. But yeah, her jury decisioning... I'm not over it :/ 

- BeBe :wub: Admittedly I wasn't a huge fan of her AS3 run at the time but I love her so much as a queen and looking back at some of those crazy/messy moments she had, like you mentioned with her dancing in the final challenge, and her Drag Up Your Life rap :dead: I'm not really a Trixie fan, I think she's great at what she does but just not really the type of drag I enjoy. But she had some funny moments in the season like you mentioned. Like you said as well, the shenanigans of the finale really soured the season for me and so I kinda hold that against her win even though I know it's not her fault :haha:

- I love Kennedy as a queen and she's such an excellent performer but like you said, very hit-or-miss in the season. Lots of funny moments but also some not great moments. Also totally agree with your Aja comments! Love how you ranked her so low for Season 9 and then much higher for All-Stars 3 as I was very much in the same position - I didn't enjoy her the first time and then found myself rooting for her on All-Stars, she really stepped it up. I remember early on in the season thinking 'the top 3 has to be Shangela, DeLa and Aja!' and then of course none of them made it :dead:

Season 10

- I'm glad you have Asia at #1 here too :wub: Of course we'd agree on the #1s for all of these :giggle:Like you say she's a super kind queen and amazingly talented, she has a big reputation outside of Drag Race so I did hope she was going to slay a little more than she did. But then I think those not-so-great moments made for a nice storyline for her to grow (I choose to forget the Snatch Game!).

- Sooooo I think we usually agree on 95% of these but... you know I'ma have to hard disagree on Eureka, I'm sorry :dead: Sadly her personality was way OTT for me and I couldn't enjoy her, on top of how I was #TeamVixen in their drama, even though I think both of them definitely had their flaws. I got the impression that she still needed time to grow and mature, and from what I've seen of her post-Drag Race I do feel like she has been doing this which is good.

- Really like Aquaria too and what you had to say here! She really impressed me throughout the season, probably has my favorite repertoire of runways but also had some great funny moments. Probably one of my favorite winners especially with how she's used her platform post-Drag Race to lift up black queens and the negativity they can receive from fans. I really enjoyed Monet too and her rollercoaster journey like you said... I'm excited to see what your thoughts on her will be in the near future!

- Fair placements here for Cracker and Kameron and I agree with them both. :yes: Cracker was someone I wanted to enjoy more and I thought would have more in her but she seemed to be in her head a lot of the time and could never connect as strongly to the competition as I'd hoped. As for Kameron, I do feel the same. I did like her and was happy she made the final 4, I just never really connected to her, which I do think was in part to how we didn't see a lot of her for like, the first half of the show. :haha: An amazing lip-syncer though and I enjoyed her performances there.

- Agreed with your comments on Blair and Vixen too! I really liked Blair and thought she was super sweet on the season. Vixen was definitely complex and I felt the same where sometimes I rooted for her and other times I struggled to. From what I've seen though, her Black Girl Magic show is really great (and it just got a shoutout from the Obama Foundation too which is awesome!). Monique was someone who I felt deserved more credit from the judges, and I was sad to see her go so soon. But I'm excited for you to see her in AS4!

Sorry that was longer than I thought it would be! :dead: I've been meaning to catch up for so long. :haha:

Yayy so glad to see your comments here, Lily!! 😄 

- Yayy so glad that you loved my Top 3 of S9! :bobo: Ooh wow that’s so cool how S9 was the first season you watched in live time. 😮 Yess Valentina was my favorite at the start of the season - omggg i was toooo at the mask thing and ugh it was al so disappointing. :dead: I agree with you on all of the Shea and Sasha comments here. That new twist annoyed me as it robbed Shea but Sasha is a good winner.

- I agree with your comments on Sasha here. She did grow on me. I get you on Trinity too. I thought I would like her less as it took a little while for her to grow on me but she did become a fave and was hilarious!

- LMAO Yesss I could not let you down with  having Shangela as your favorite. :giggle: Shangela being your all-time favorite queen makes me feel like that could 90% be the case for me…. though I haven’t thought of it yet. :dead: UGH Yesss that twist at the end of the season was terrible   and the worst one yet. :/ Agreed with everything you said on BenDeLaCreme. I loved her throughout the season and then the finale happen. 😐

- I feel the same with you on  Bebe too. I didn’t love her run as a whole and found her overrated at times but she is likable and brought in so many fun moments. :haha: Agreee with you on Trixie. She did warm up on me as the season went on - but the first 3 or so episodes? I was eh. Oooh LOL I get this at the Trixie winning moment. Yeah that wasn’t her fault and I surprisingly don’t hold it against her - I do that towards the eliminated contestants. :haha:

- Exactly to  everything you said on Kennedy. If only she was more consistent I could have liked her more. Omgg I’m so glad we agree on Aja on both of her runs. She’s one of the few I’ve grown to like so much more via their all-stars season. UGHHH none f your desired Top 3 happening. AS3 would ruin that. :/ 

- Glad you approve of me regarding Asia being #1. 😄 Yess I loved her as a person and how kind & caring she is towards everyone. Ooh I had no idea of her reputation outside of DR. Yeah I wish she had more of a slayage run but sometimes the imperfection could make you root for someone.

- omggg I am sooo scared of the Eureka comments here! :dead: Awwww yeah true we do agree 95% of the time but it’s okay to have those one or 2 moments where we doo disagree. :lmao: Ahhh I can get how Eureka is too OTT and too much to handle. I do think both had their flaws but i don’t know - I found myself siding with Eureka on that. I am glad she has grown and mature in maturity since her time on the show.

- Yess agree with you on Aqauria haven g some of the strongest runway looks ever on the show. :yes: Ooh I didn’t know this with what she’s done with her platform but this is all fantasti to learn an hear - makes my respect level go up even more. Yesss on these Monet comments. I can’t wait to watch more of AS4 and share more of my thoughts of her there!

- Ahh these comments make sense on Miz Cracker. :( That didn’t really bother me about her and it was a shame how she was often in her head. Ooh I’m so glad someone else agrees with me on Kameron. I knew I could count on you there. :haha: I think the lack of air-time and being inconsistent in challenges made it hard for me to root for her. She was strong with her lip syncs.

- Yayy total agreement here on Blair! 😄 Yes glad you understand my thoughts on The Vixen. But omgg whoa her Black Girl Magic show got a shout-out from the Obama Foundation? Wow that is incredible! 😮  Aww i get this on Monique. I can’t wait to see how my opinion (hopefully) changes of her on AS4!

Omggg lmaooo it’s totally okay! :haha: Your comments ere fun to read and thanks so much for commenting on them! :hug:

AS4 really kills all of the suspense and momentum of who’s going to win these Legacy lip sync battles. :dead::haha: There’s one Queen that gives away and is obvious with who they will vote out vs. the undecided Queen. The undecided Queen will always win. :dead: (Saw this on Episodes 3&4 now). 

Unless I am proven wrong about this…. we’ll see. :haha: 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

AS4 really kills all of the suspense and momentum of who’s going to win these Legacy lip sync battles. :dead::haha: There’s one Queen that gives away and is obvious with who they will vote out vs. the undecided Queen. The undecided Queen will always win. :dead: (Saw this on Episodes 3&4 now). 

Unless I am proven wrong about this…. we’ll see. :haha: 

Wally watching enough Drag Race to be able to call out production, we love to see it ❤️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Ruin the season. 

:dead:😢 

1 hour ago, Solaris said:

at last he now understands your image.  

1 hour ago, Solaris said:

your naomi picture with the edited lip stick "This post"

LMAOOO Yes. :dead: I saw this posted a lot on here and never understood it. But I had a feeling I knew what was coming because I remember that Naomi look and picture. :haha: