RuPaul’s Drag Race - General Discussion Thread

Elliott

38 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Omg I have so many seasons to catch up on with my thoughts here. :haha: 

These season 10 rankings - a lot I can tell I’ll agree on and some which... I don’t as such. I’m sure that’s easy to guess. :dead: But excited to read in full! 

Oooh I'm looking forward to seeing them. :haha: 

Glad we still have a lot of agreements on S10. I am sure I an guess the disagreement regarding S10 though. :haha: 

29 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Asia at number 1 after butterfly massacre? 

ru paul's drag race choices GIF

21 minutes ago, Solaris said:

i understood what she was trying to do, but failed spectacularly.  Dropped her a handful of spots just based on that terrible showing.  

LMAOO Yeahh that was an absolute disaster. :dead: But I'm very much against he finale live show lip sync battles anyway so I wasn't going to let that mishap remove her strong work throughout the course of the season. :haha: 

Meh, of the three seasons with the LSFTC, the only one it had a result on was S9. Aquaria still won S10 when everyone who was at the finale taping said she was a mess in both lip syncs compared to Eureka and Kameron. 

normally I’m against RiggaMorris.gif but if it keeps Eur*ka from winning, that’s fine by me. 😘

58 minutes ago, *Lily said:

A great choice. :wub:

Thank you. :giggle:  

56 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Reese Witherspoon No GIF

Yess! (!) 

47 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Butterfly-gate was for sure an unfortunate moment and shouldn’t have been done. I hated how she received such a horrific amount of hate for it though, truly she is one of the kindest most hard-working queens and it sucks that pretty much everything she’s done gets overshadowed by the butterflies instead.

Asia’s possibly in my all-time top 5 so I’m just glad to see Wally can join the Asia fan club of course :wub: (Might have to leave him alone in the Eureka fan club though... :dead:)

I agree with you on all of this. But ugh I didn't know butterfly-gate was that much of a determent to her run. That is so messed up. 😐 

Oooh yayy thank you on the Asia comments! 😄 OMGGG THE Eureka comments... I'm crying. :dead: 

40 minutes ago, Elliott said:

At least Asia’s butterfly incident will keep people from trying to do the most with their reveals now. 😘 

:dead: 

I didn't know what the heck was going on there. :haha: 

33 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Meh, of the three seasons with the LSFTC, the only one it had a result on was S9.

Aquaria still won S10 when everyone who was at the finale taping said she was a mess in both lip syncs compared to Eureka and Kameron. 

normally I’m against RiggaMorris.gif but if it keeps Eur*ka from winning, that’s fine by me. 😘

That's why I was mad because Shea deserved. (!) 

I was just nervous Kameron was going to win which would have been upsetting with her underwhelming run in the main challenges. I would have loved it if Eureka won it. :wub: 

10 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

That's why I was mad because Shea deserved. (!) 

I'm a Shea stan first and foremost, but the finalists were told a full month in advance what their three song options were and to plan a reveal. Her not doing one and Trinity doing the umpteenth skirt tearaway to show off her tuck resulting in their losses was their own doing.

11 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I was just nervous Kameron was going to win which would have been upsetting with her underwhelming run in the main challenges.

Kameron being underwhelming when the only time Eureka did well was when she acted like herself a big baby?

juniel GIFs

21 hours ago, Elliott said:

I'm a Shea stan first and foremost, but the finalists were told a full month in advance what their three song options were and to plan a reveal. Her not doing one and Trinity doing the umpteenth skirt tearaway to show off her tuck resulting in their losses was their own doing.

Ooh I didn't know this. 🙈 I still stand by my opinion since I'm too stubborn to change my mind.

21 hours ago, Elliott said:

Kameron being underwhelming when the only time Eureka did well was when she acted like herself a big baby?

juniel GIFs

The only time Kameron stood out in the challenges was the Cher Musical episode so you can sit back. 🙂 Eureka did really well in multiple challenges 🙂 

31 minutes ago, #jeah said:

#TeamWally with that Eureka ranking!

King Andy with the TASTE! I knew I could count on Andy. :bobo: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Solaris said:

All-Stars 4 time @*Wallace?  Actually i dont remember if its season 11 or All-Stars 4 first.

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

AS4 aired first.

Thanks for this. 

I'll start it at the end of the week. I want to focus on my X Factor write-ups first.  :haha: 

Speculated AS6 cast since they'll be starting their two-week quarantine soon:

First nine spots:
Asia O'Hara (S10)
DiDa Ritz (S4)
Jan (S12)
Jessica Wild (S2)
Laganja Estranja (S6)
Plastique Tiara (S11)
Scarlet Envy (S11)
Sonique (S2)
Trinity K. Bonet (S6)

Tenth spot between:
-Adore Delano (S6/AS2)
-Gigi Goode (S12)
-Laila McQueen (S8)
-Nina (not sure which one - either Flowers or West)
-Silky Nutmeg Ganache (S11)
-Yara Sofia (S3/AS1)

Edited by Elliott

I’d be good with that cast if true! I like that they’re keeping to a mix of older and newer school queens.

Also kinda glad that only one is Peppermint/Asia may be on so I’m not conflicted on who I’d be mostly rooting for. Still a chance for them both to get crowns :wub:

They clearly didn't cast Peppermint because they knew the winner would be spoiled from the Ru-Veal. :giggle: Though if that cast is real, Condragulations Asia.

Sonique would probably be my early favourite and I think her winning would be a nice touch for a show that's struggled so much with trans contestants - especially considering she was the first contestant that was affected by the rules regarding gender reassignment on the show.

Edited by Elliott

18 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Speculated AS6 cast since they'll be starting their two-week quarantine soon:

Hide contents

First nine spots:
Asia O'Hara (S10)
DiDa Ritz (S4)
Jan (S12)
Jessica Wild (S2)
Laganja Estranja (S6)
Plastique Tiara (S11)
Scarlet Envy (S11)
Sonique (S2)
Trinity K. Bonet (S6)

Tenth spot between:
-Adore Delano (S6/AS2)
-Gigi Goode (S12)
-Laila McQueen (S8)
-Nina (not sure which one - either Flowers or West)
-Silky Nutmeg Ganache (S11)
-Yara Sofia (S3/AS1)

ew

Yes so excited to see Sonique! Her looks are so gorgeous, I can see her having a good run especially since she’s been able to build so much confidence since her transition.

I’m also not surprised to see Jan on the list. :haha: I feel like so many of the S12 girls will go on at some point but Jan in particular seems like she’s ready for her redemption. I feel like she’d fare better on All-Stars as well.

Just now, .Rei said:

you can't escape them :haha:

Well at least in a cast with this much talent, she'd be the first boot :wub:

Reddit thinks Gigi is the most likely pick for the tenth queen because she suddenly cancelled a bunch of bookings for the rest of August and early September.

Just now, *Lily said:

Hide contents

I’m also not surprised to see Jan on the list. :haha: I feel like so many of the S12 girls will go on at some point but Jan in particular seems like she’s ready for her redemption. I feel like she’d fare better on All-Stars as well.

The only thing that's weird for me about the S12 queens is that... they haven't really been able to do anything since their season because of the Coronavirus. I guess Jan and Gigi make the most sense since they have the means to have new looks made for All Stars compared to some of the others, but I still think they'd have fared better waiting for AS7.

Just now, Elliott said:

Well at least in a cast with this much talent, she'd be the first boot :wub:

Reddit thinks Gigi is the most likely pick for the tenth queen because she suddenly cancelled a bunch of bookings for the rest of August and early September.

you know that's never gonna happen :wub: