COVID-19 Discussion šŸ˜·

Rate this topic

istersay

Take a close look at the firstĀ chartĀ below from a hospital system in Houston. Hospitals aimĀ to run at 90-95% capacity, but have contingency plans to increase the number of beds, if needed. So, when you hear or read ā€œat 100% capacity,ā€ itā€™s wise to dig a little deeper.Ā 
Ā 
Edited by TeamAudra

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Ā 

Ā 

I'd guess that the virus isn't just ravishing seniors' homes anymore, and is now affecting younger and less vulnerable parts of the population. So the death rate isn't going to be 5-10% anymore.

Ā 

Speaking completely anecdotally, I know that in my city, a lot of people my age and younger (I'm 29) are still gathering in large groups to party like they would any other summer. But I still see seniors wearing masks while they're walking by themselves on the sidewalk.

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Ā 

Interesting.Ā  I can't link bc I'm on my phone but I read today that the average age of those who have died from COVID19 in this country is 80.5 yrs.

Ā 

The average lifespan of an American is 78 years.

Ā 

If you die at 80 years old I don't care what the official record says....your cause of death is having lived a life.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, psterina said:

Ā 

Horowitz: The CDC Confirms Remarkably Low Coronavirus Death Rate. Where is the Media?

https://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/horowitz-cdc-confirms-remarkably-low-coronavirus-death-rate-where-media?utm_campaign

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

On 7/8/2020 at 11:10 PM, psterina said:

"Just because we put Covid 19 on the death certificate, doesn't mean ... that the patient died of Covid-19"Ā  Ā 

Ā 

WHAT????Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

On 7/6/2020 at 8:45 PM, ATX29 said:

Interesting.Ā  I can't link bc I'm on my phone but I read today that the average age of those who have died from COVID19 in this country is 80.5 yrs.

Ā 

The average lifespan of an American is 78 years.

Ā 

If you die at 80 years old I don't care what the official record says....your cause of death is having lived a life.

Love me some COVID denialismĀ šŸ˜†

• Like 2

Itā€™s important to distinguish between when deaths actually occurred vs. when they are reported. This is why I put more weight on the ā€œreal-timeā€ hospitalization data. Take a look at that chart.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

On 7/9/2020 at 10:25 PM, FunkyFrankie said:

My region in Ontario is moving to stage 3 soonĀ šŸ˜·šŸ¤”

Ā 

They're pretty open-endedĀ about what phase 3 entails. The language on the government website is "continue gradual re-opening with appropriate restrictions in place" yadda yadda. I don't think they'll go much further with bars and restaurants, given what a gongshow the U.S. has become with cases. The important thing is childcare/school.

Been looking at Sweeden vs Michigan Covid results. Not the greatest comparision because Michigan has a more dense population but Sweeden has 1k less deaths even with a less strict approach than most of America. And their economy didnt crash like ours. Not so sure what we are doing is worth it.

Ā 

Now granted America is also different because our healthcare system is worse than Scandinavia and our lifestyle health is much worse. This is going to trigger the righties on here but this country low key sucks.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, sneaky said:

Been looking at Sweeden vs Michigan Covid results. Not the greatest comparision because Michigan has a more dense population but Sweeden has 1k less deaths even with a less strict approach than most of America. And their economy didnt crash like ours. Not so sure what we are doing is worth it.

Ā 

Now granted America is also different because our healthcare system is worse than Scandinavia and our lifestyle health is much worse. This is going to trigger the righties on here but this country low key sucks.

Ā 

People in Europe are generally healthier (obesity rates, not just eating processed crap, exercise) but also because they have easy access to healthcare throughout their lives, without ever having to worry about the bills, unlike many Americans. They don't live with undiagnosed conditions. That, in addition to having a younger median age of the population, probably explains why the average death age from the coronavirus in the U.S. is much younger than in Europe.

Edited by RWG

11 minutes ago, RWG said:

Ā 

People in the Europe are generally healthier (obesity rates, not just eating processed crap, exercise) but also because they have easy access to healthcare throughout their lives, without ever having to worry about the bills, unlike many Americans. They don't live with undiagnosed conditions. That, in addition to having a generally median age of the population, probably explains why the average death age from the coronavirus in the U.S. is so much younger than in Europe.

Which males my head spin when people say we are the best country on earth. So far from it