DWTS International Rankdown

*Amanda

Lilia Podkopayeva

img_top.jpg

Lilia is a former gymnast who appeared on, and won, the Ukranian version of Dancing with the Stars in 2007. Unfortunately, Wikipedia doesn't seem to have too much record of the earlier seasons of the show, so I can't really see how she did in terms of her scores over the season, and how the other competitors fared against her. Luckily a lot of her dances are on YouTube so I was able to watch a couple of them. And she is a really gorgeous dancer! I first watched her Waltz which was really strong, it was nice to see a very traditional routine like this which we don't see as much anymore on DWTS. The second dance I watched was her Tango to "Cell Block Tango", and wow, this was super sharp and full of great drama/passion. I finished watching with her Cha-Cha, to a Ukranian version of "I Will Survive", iconic honestly! I'm presuming her partner Kirill choreographed all the routines too, and he did a great job at showcasing her whilst also staying true to the dances. I really enjoyed watching dances of Lilia's, and have posted a couple below for people to watch!

On August 25, 2020 at 8:09 PM, *Chris said:

Thanks Wally - it is what it is, can't complain that I still have a job. 

Very true. :hug: 

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

Ok I'll do it. :haha: I'll have something up in a little bit.

#bless.

i was gonna say I did the spare write-up last time so hoping someone else does it this time. :haha: 

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

i was gonna say I did the spare write-up last time so hoping someone else does it this time. :haha: 

Yeah I was thinking it was probably my time to do one. :haha:

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

Dang, Lilia was really SO good in those two dances! :omg: I saw she was a gymnast so I knew she would be good...but better than I expected.

Right?! :omg: I feel bad for not having had a chance to check her out earlier because she was so good!

22 hours ago, Stephhyy said:

Sorry guys, I have been busy with a few things (getting my car serviced and job interviews), so hopefully I can try to be more productive in this thread and do some write-ups in the future

Aww we understand. Hoping all is going well wihas your job interviews and car stuff! :hug: 

22 hours ago, *Lily said:

Yeah I was thinking it was probably my time to do one. :haha:

Right?! :omg: I feel bad for not having had a chance to check her out earlier because she was so good!

Aww. Yeah, I'll take on one of the next two free agent write-ups. :haha: 

Ugh same. There's too many people for me to research and watch of their dances. :haha: But I did enjoy hers. ❤️ 

Toni Pearen

Toni+Pearen+Henry+Byalikov+Dancing+Stars

I struggled a bit on what to do with the cut but Toni was the one with the least amount of dances and lowest placement of those i was considering cutting. So that worked against Toni…. sorry. Toni Pearen is an Australian actress, singer, songwriter and TV personality who participated on Dancing with the Stars Season 8. Toni was partnered with Henry Byalikov. Toni lasted 7 weeks and finished at 5th place. Here is a breakdown of their run.

Week 1: Cha-Cha to “Mercy” scoring a 35 (9/9/9/8)

Week 2: Tango to “Toxic” scoring a 31 (8/7/8/8)

Week 3: Samba to “Work” scoring a 23 (7/8/8)

Week 4: Quickstep to “Mercy” scoring a 35 (9/9/10)

Week 5: Salsa to “American Boy” scoring a 24 (8/8/8)

Week 6: Rumba to “No Air” scoring a 24 (8/8/8)

Week 7: Jive to “Maniac” scoring a 25 (9/8/8) and Foxtrot to “American Boy” scoring a 18 (5/7/6)

From what i am grasping of Toni’s run…. she started off with a really strong first dance. She faltered a bit but had a breakthrough with her Quickstep (her highest scoring dance). She seems like a very solid and good dancer. Although it’s a shame how she got eliminated & robbed with one bad dance. Toni actually has the highest average of this season with a 26.00 average. That kinda surprised me as I thought I saw Luke Jacobz with the highest average. But this tells me that Toni was indeed robbed at 5th and I am sure I would have been raging about that.

Here are some of Toni’s dances:

Saving: Helen George

hD7Gr9.gif

Laura Whitmore

Strictly Come Dancing's Laura Whitmore says she cried every day after being  placed with Giovanni Pernice, a partner she was "extremely uncomfortable  with".

Laura is a TV presenter who competed won Series 14 of Strictly Come Dancing, partnering Giovanni Pernice. Well I watched her dances and I thought that she looked a bit uncomfortable in her Cha-Cha and it was a bit cutsy. I watched her Waltz and it was much better and I think that was why she scored higher in her Ballroom dances compared to her Latin dances, as she felt more comfortable. I didn't want to cut another Australian contestant again (as I have been doing the past couple of rounds and because Wally already cut one of the ones I was thinking about saving), but I felt like out of all the contestants in this round, Laura had the lowest placement and I felt like it was time for me to cut another non-Australian contestant. Laura had a great round, but I feel like this is the right time for her to go.

SAVING: Tim Campbell

Problem for Laura was that she got paired with Giovanni straight after he split with Georgia, obviously for tabloid reasons and they were both uncomfortable with each other. And she got injured. Shame for her but she's moved on to better things at least.

Edited by DWTSFan2001

Ahh Laura was one of my private immunities, whoops. :haha: But the later we're getting into the game I'm not even sure who I would have replaced her with so she's a fair cut at this stage. I'm sad she didn't have the greatest experience on the show, as I know how big a fan of the show she was, and I really was hoping to see her go far. But like DWTSFan said, she's gone on to do a lot so happy for her there!

Save Patrick

Cut Beth

Beth Tweddle

tweddle_2506205k.jpg

I really like Beth and was rooting for her on her season of Dancing on Ice. However as we get a little deeper into the game I'm maybe moreso wanting to protect the non-DOI contestants, and also I do have faves from that show over Beth, so she's kinda an easier cut for me in that respect. Beth was a big fan favorite on both of her seasons of Dancing on Ice, coming off of Olympic success winning a bronze medal in Gymnastics. The Olympians in these shows were particularly popular during 2012-2013 because of it being based in the UK, hence why we saw a lot of them appear, and be pretty well received on both Strictly and Dancing on Ice. So Beth was always gonna make it pretty far. On top of that, she was a pretty good skater! Unfortunately, she was not as popular with the judges. They had their 'golden boy' pick of that season, who consistently received the highest scores but also came across a little arrogant and and didn't have popularity with the viewers. Beth topped the viewer vote for six consecutive weeks up to the final, all while receiving some okay scores from the judges but getting the 'we're not seeing your personality!' comments that we've come to expect for gymnasts. Beth was kinda like a Dancing on Ice equivalent of Simone Biles, except she did go on to win. And LOL, I remember the judges did NOT look happy at the results, because they were so set on their golden boy winning.

The next series was pegged as an All-Stars series, and at the time was going to be the last airing series of the show. Beth came back as the reigning champion, and one of just two participants from her series (the other was a comedy contestant). Once again she did pretty well, and polled well in the voting again. However, there was a clear top two of that season in Ray Quinn and Hayley Tamaddon - both strong skaters and fan favorites. So Beth placed a very respectable third place again. I do find it funny how the All-Stars series cast six winners, and they all made up the top six. :haha: I really like Beth and I'll link some skates below of hers which I remember from her seasons. However at this stage unfortunately I'm not as set on wanting to save her so do have to cut her here.

Also if you wanna see the judges' reaction to her winning... it's even worse than I remember lol :wub: Cut to 55 seconds in here. Makes the DWTS judges look good. :giggle:

Save Patrick Robinson

Edited by *Lily

Beth was a lot better in the All Star series and should have made 2nd place over Hayley who really couldn't skate that well and just relied on performance to get through. Also think she skated better with Łukasz than Daniel who usually let his celebs cling onto him the whole time (especially Hayley).

The judges were horrible to her, especially Jason. :(

Edited by DWTSFan2001