idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
*Amanda

DWTS International Rankdown

Dancing_with_the_Stars_Ireland_Logo.png

Since all of the rankdowns are starting to wind down, it's time to introduce a new one into the mix. This rankdown will focus on contestants hailing from international versions of the television show Dancing With the Stars. The rankers will decide which 250 or so international contestants will be included in this rankdown and then rank them as we do in all other rankdowns.

PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ANY INTERNATIONAL VERSIONS.

The Rules:

-We will have a predetermined amount of rankers that will embark on a mission to collectively rank every celebrity chosen to be in this rankdown.

-At the beginning of the round random.org will determine the order the rankers will nominate.

-Whoever is chosen to nominate first will nominate a predetermined amount dancers and the other rankers will have 24 hours to save one dancer and eliminate one. To eliminate and save once the nominations have been revealed, it's first come first serve so get to it fast!

-Since this is a ranking you should have a writeup prepared for whoever you're cutting to explain your reasoning (they don't have to be too long, I expect just a minimum of 100 words).

-After decisions have been made on those dancers, the next ranker on random.org will do the same thing, nominate a predetermined number of contestants (you can not nominate anyone who was just saved in the last set of cuts though) and the other rankers will save one and eliminate one.

-We will cycle through all the rankers until they have nominated and then the round will end.

-At the beginning of each new round I will reveal a pre-planned twist to the round, and we will also create a new nominating order from random.org

-Once the nominations are posted you will have 24 hours to make your cut and save. If you do not make your cut in time (unless you tell me you're going to be away) you will get a strike and whoever made the nominations can make the cut and save. Three strikes and you're out and I get to name a new ranker in your place.

-If you wanna get your cut in right when you see the nominations and wanna take time for your write-up, you can post who you're cutting and saving and then you'll have half an hour to make a new post with your write-up. However, the contestants is back up for grabs if you take too long to edit. When I say half an hour, I mean 30 minutes. If you make your cut and save at 12:15, you have until 12:45 to post your writeup. Another ranker cannot swoop in and take your cut and save until 12:46! YOU CAN RESET YOUR TIME ONLY ONCE IF YOU ARE WORKING ON YOUR WRITEUP FOR A LONG TIME

-Make sure all your nominees are within the confines of the twists and the rules of the game (i.e. no one who has already been eliminated or was saved last round are among your nominees). If this rule is broken, I'm afraid the round resets and you will have to completely renominate.

-THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EDITING ALLOWED ON YOUR POST WHEN YOU ARE CUTTING AND SAVING! IF YOU EDIT THAT POST FOR ANY REASON AT ALL, YOUR CUT AND SAVE IS NULL AND VOID!

To Play:

-You don't have to have seen every season/version of DWTS but I expect you to have seen a decent amount of seasons of it. Wikipedia and Youtube/Dailymotion are your friends. Utilize them.

-Every time I have seen this game get played people will inevitably go for the big dogs and it WILL get cutthroat. If this does not sound like your kind of game don't sign up. DEALS ARE ENCOURAGED.

-I expect you to be active enough that you can write about 100 words about 1 contestant every 24 hours. If you don't think you can log on once days to do at least that, don't sign up :bleh:. If you plan on going on vacation or being away for a while, just let me know and I can get a substitution for you while you're away.

-There will be an application you have to fill out so I can make sure I don't have 7 or 8 rankers who all have similar opinions. However, I do plan on choosing rankers who have seen the most seasons to participate or first come, first serve.

-You don't have to even be super active on the boards to play! If you're a more mysterious poster, that might make it easier for you to hide your faves and help them sneak through the cracks.

The Application:

IDF Username 

Real Name (If comfortable disclosing) 

Versions/Seasons Watched - 

Will you be active at least once a day for duration of the game? -

Please list the celebrities you would like to see in this rankdown. Include which version and season they appeared on.

I will follow and judge accordingly. :wub:

Unless you need wildcards like Alex is doing, in which case I’ll apply for that. :giggle:

I'll consider this. :giggle: 

Oooh hopefully we can get @DWTSFan2001 in this game, as I know they watch a lot of the international versions.

• Like 1

Sounds great!

I don't even know where to start when it comes to listing contestants I'd like to see, though. :lmao:

I feel like I haven't seen enough to participate but I will follow, for sure!

I counting down till the 2 rankdowns I am in are over so I'll skip :dead:

Some of you all should play though...  Can't have more viewers/followers than players. :dead:  😛 

Although hopefully this won't start for a bit, until like the SYTYCD and DWTS rankdowns finishes.

What Wally said. This isn't starting right away, but the DWTS, SYTYCD and CBS rankdowns are all nearing their end. I figured now would be a good time to at least post the thread because of that.

8 hours ago, *Wallace said:

I'll consider this. :giggle: 

Oooh hopefully we can get @DWTSFan2001 in this game, as I know they watch a lot of the international versions.

I'm in!

Amanda whenever she starts a new rankdown and all the replies are I WON'T PLAY BUT I'LL FOLLOW ALONG:

tenor.gif?itemid=12161806

My goal is to have 5 rankers since  think more than 5 likely won’t happen. :haha: 

I can’t wait to see who does better in rankdowns, US DWTS Pamela Anderson or French DWTS Pamela Anderson.

6 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I can’t wait to see who does better in rankdowns, US DWTS Pamela Anderson or French DWTS Pamela Anderson.

What about Argentinian DWTS Pamela Anderson?

5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I knew I was forgetting one. 🤣

If the French one are including, maybe I’ll have to sign up! 

9 hours ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

I'm in!

Yayyy welcome along! 😄  

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

Amanda whenever she starts a new rankdown and all the replies are I WON'T PLAY BUT I'LL FOLLOW ALONG:

tenor.gif?itemid=12161806

:dead:

21 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

My goal is to have 5 rankers since  think more than 5 likely won’t happen. :haha: 

Didn't the International SYTYCD game have 5 rankers? The Strictly game had 5 too. But hopefully we an get Ariel and Richard involved.

20 minutes ago, *Lily said:

13 minutes ago, Elliott said:

:dead:  

5 minutes ago, *Chris said:

If the French one are including, maybe I’ll have to sign up! 

I'm sure you can suggest some dancers from the French version. :yes: That's a DWTS version I check through wiki and always wanted to watch but never got to doing so. 

• Like 1

I only know a few people from DWTS France but I like what I’ve seen of them! I definitely wanna watch more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

I'm sure you can suggest some dancers from the French version. :yes: That's a DWTS version I check through wiki and always wanted to watch but never got to doing so. 

Go and watch some of Loïc Nottet's dances on YouTube. You won't be disappointed.

They had a really bad series in 2019 though, none of the celebs were good. Only a few of the pros are decent as well.

3 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I only know a few people from DWTS France but I like what I’ve seen of them! I definitely wanna watch more.

Same. :yes:

1 minute ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

Go and watch some of Loïc Nottet's dances on YouTube. You won't be disappointed.

They had a really bad series in 2019 though, none of the celebs were good. Only a few of the pros are decent as well.

Oooh i heard of him. 😮 I'll consider this.

2019 seemed to be a bit of a rough year it seems. :haha:  Yikes that no one was good from that year.

6 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

2019 seemed to be a bit of a rough year it seems. :haha:  Yikes that no one was good from that year.

Could have been better if they hired pros who knew what they were doing - as a result, one of the few good ones has 4 wins.

Some of them have been called out over using choreo from SCD & DWTS USA.

28 minutes ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

Could have been better if they hired pros who knew what they were doing - as a result, one of the few good ones has 4 wins.

Some of them have been called out over using choreo from SCD & DWTS USA.

Oo yess, Denitsa! :wub: I really liked her on SYTYCD Canada and know she's like the pro with teh most successful run on that show. :haha:

LOL I heard of this and saw some routines that were rehashes of other DWTS US and SCD routines. :dead: That is quite yikes and uncreative. :haha: 

Oh yeah, celebs from all versions are welcome. This isn't restricted to just English-speaking versions of the show.