Steven's 2019 Music Countdown

Steven_

CARRIE&BLAKEFAN'S 2019 MUSIC COUNTDOWN
IPB Image

Hello, I'm Steven. 👋 I've been ranking my favorite songs of the year for the past few years here on IDF (although those lists are now all gone after IDF's crash wiped out pretty much everything). I typically would've posted this thread earlier in the month, but I wasn't originally going to do a list this year. I haven't really been keeping up with new music this year, plus I haven't been a big fan of a lot of the popular music I did happen to hear this year. As well, (in addition to real life responsibilities) there also rankdown duties that made me doubt if I'd have time for this. However, I changed my mind and decided to continue the tradition of sharing my favorite songs here on this site.

This is not a ranking of the biggest hits of the year. A lot of big names in pop music won't be found here. Like I said, I simply didn't care for a lot of those songs, but the songs I did happen to like will be found on this list. My taste in music mostly ranges from country, Latin, and pop. I include singles and non-singles on this list, so you very well may come across songs here you haven't heard before. I hope I can introduce some of you to music you haven't heard before and end up liking them. If not, then that's fine. I just hope you all will be respectful in your commentary. If you think you'd be interested in this list, then feel free to follow along.

RANKING

45. Nunca Es Tarde - Natalia Jiménez, Jesús Navarro
46. Tip Of My Tongue - Kenny Chesney
47. Dancing With A Stranger - Sam Smith, Normani
48. Buy My Own Drinks - Runaway June
49. Vuelve - Sebastián Yatra, Beret
50. Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince - Taylor Swift
51. I Fell In Love With The Devil - Avril Lavigne
52. No Se Va - Morat
53Poco A Poco - Luis Fonsi
54What If I Never Get Over You - Lady Antebellum
55. Confetti - Gone West
56. Kinfolks - Sam Hunt
57. Duele - Reik, Wisin & Yandel
58. 4 Meses - MYA & DVICIO
59. Heartbreak - Hunter Hayes
60. All To Myself - Dan + Shay
61. 11 PM - Maluma
62. Good To You - Ryland James
63. Say Goodbye - Ryland James
64. Who Do You Love - The Chainsmokers & 5 Seconds Of Summer
65Yo Te Extraño - Sebastián Yatra
66. London Boy - Taylor Swift
67. Adore You - Harry Styles
68. Aleluya - Reik & Manuel Turizo
69. Eres Tú - Matisse & Reik
70. Broken & Beautiful - Kelly Clarkson
71. Catch - Brett Young
72. Wanted - OneRepublic
73. Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
74. The Father, My Son, and The Holy Ghost - Craig Morgan
75. In My Head - Ryland James
76. Adicto - Prince Royce & Marc Anthony
77. Sobrenatural - Juan Magán, Álvaro Soler, and Marielle Hazlo
78. Imposible - Luis Fonsi & Ozuna
79. Her World Or Mine - Michael Ray
80. Closer To You - Carly Pearce
81. Glorious - Ella Henderson
82. Runnin' From My Roots - Janelle Arthur
83. Calico - Brooke White
84. Almost Heaven - Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon
85. Die From A Broken Heart - Maddie & Tae
86. Joanna - JoJo
87. Lonely If You Are - Chase Rice
88. DOSIS - Dvicio, Reik, and ChoQuibTown
89. Spirit - Beyoncé
90. Nice To Meet Ya - Niall Horan
91. Rescue Me - OneRepublic
92. What Do I Know? - Shawn Austin
93. I Forgot That You Existed - Taylor Swift
94. Good Enough - Jana Kramer
95. Date La Vuelta - Luis Fonsi, Sebastián Yatra, and Nicky Jam
96. Back to Life - Rascal Flatts
97. Alright - Lady Antebellum
98. Into the Trees - Brooke White
99. Undrunk - FLETCHER
100. Runaway - Sebastián Yatra, Daddy Yankee, Natti Natasha, and Jonas Brothers

Edited by Steven_

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Curious to see what this list looks like since I don't think Carrie released any music this year.

She did release at least two singles in 2019. :lol:

And I see the lyric I included in the subheading was too long. >.< Wallace or Denise, if you don't mind, could you edit it for me? Just delete the music notes at the beginning and end since the second music note appears as the letter 'b' for some reason. :unsure:

I thought I saw you post in Denise's list that you weren't making a list this year. But I will follow along. I probably won't be making a list as I haven't got the energy. Maybe on Twitter. :haha:

I did say I wasn't going to, but I ended up changing my mind. :lol:

100. RUNAWAY - SEBASTIÁN YATRA, DADDY YANKEE, NATTI NATASHA, and JONAS BROTHERS
FjIfxEXOcxo
And kicking off this list is "Runaway," a collaboration that includes Sebastián Yatra, Daddy Yankee, Natti Natasha, and Jonas Brothers. I remember there was a lot of hype leading up to this song's release. However, when I finally listened to it, I was very underwhelmed. There's just too many people, and the song itself is not near one of Sebastián's best songs. As I'm hearing it again, I don't see the importance of Jonas Brothers being here. I'd hardly notice if they were just excluded altogether. So, having said that, why did I include this song on this list? Well, I wanted an even 100 songs on this list, and it was tough to find enough songs this year. Plus, I don't think it's a bad song. It's kind of catchy, and I like what Sebastián and Natti Natasha bring to the song. Sebastián has released a lot of songs better than this, though. But I thought I'd include it anyway just in case others here like this song better than I do. Its music video does currently have over 251 million views.

Favorite lyric:
Quédate conmigo, quédate conmigo
Leave it all behind just to be with you.

99. UNDRUNK - FLETCHER
hhY_ZPzz5JU
Warning: the song has explicit lyrics, so keep that in mind if you're not listening with headphones wherever you are. Anyway, I remember I heard this song early in the year before I finished posting my 2018 music list. I included this song in my 2019 preview set, but then.....I never listened to this song again. Nonetheless, I didn't forget about it and still like it well enough to include here at spot #99. The song is basically about the struggles of wanting to get over a break-up. The melody in the chorus is catchy and I like her vocals here. This could've been higher on the list if I listened to it more than I did.

Favorite lyric:
Wish I could get a little undrunk
So I could, I could unlove you.

98. INTO THE TREES - BROOKE WHITE
gvibzUx8PzY
I adored Brooke White throughout season 7 of American Idol, and she still remains one of my all-time favorite contestants from Idol. She released a new album this year, and she has chosen to go into a California country direction with her music. I like her piano singer-songwriter style better, but I still found her country inspired record to be quite enjoyable. "Into the Trees" is a delightful and easygoing song, and I like her delivery here. The chorus is especially catchy. The music video is sweet too. She stars in it alongside her husband. A few more songs from Brooke's new album will show up later in this countdown.

Favorite lyric:
Wrap me up in a summer breeze
I’ll be your songbird
Yeah, your melody.

97. ALRIGHT - LADY ANTEBELLUM
Kk8_zZ1fLfs
"Alright" is another song that could've been higher if I heard it more often than I did. I actually just heard this song for the first time pretty recently as I didn't check out Lady Antebellum's album right when it was released. I finally gave the album a listen, and "Alright" is one of my favorite songs on it. It's straightforward in its message. The lyrics are saying that life isn't perfect, but everything will be all right in the end. I like how Hilary takes lead in this song, but nice harmonies from all three of them. Also, I can't help but wonder if they had McConaughey in mind with that "Alright, alright, alright." Either way, it's a nice song with a good message.

Favorite lyric:
Gray skies try their best to cover up my sunshine
But not today, not today.

[b]100. Runaway[/b] -
[b]99. Undrunk[/b] -
[b]98. Into the Trees[/b] -
[b]97. Alright[/b] -

Yayy I am glad you decided to do a list, Steven! :w00twave: Ooh your comments on not caring much for popular music this year could explain why you didn’t like most of my list yet. :lmao:

100. Runaway - Oooh I remember when this song came out but then I forgot about it shortly after its release. :haha: Not surprised there was a lot of hype with all of these artists on it. Ah yeah I get you on this having too many people on this. The Jonas Brothers are an interesting/weird inclusion on here but maybe they were on there to ave this crossover and do well on the US charts? The song is catchy and fun and I like the sound/vibe of this, and i do like everyone’s parts on this.

99. Undrunk - Ah yes I remember this song on your 2019 preview but omgg you putting it on your list and never hearing it again after that, omg. :dead: But I feel like that happens to me wit a few select songs too. Anyway I like this song, the vibe of it and Fletcher’s vocal delivery on this.

98. Into the Trees - NTH and oh I didn’t even know Brooke released new music this year but that is cool. I agree with you she’s better at the piano singer/songwriter material over the country inspired sound but this has a nice sound to it and she sounds good. Agree with you that this song is nice an easygoing.

97. Alright - Hmm I don’t know if i heard this song before or not .This has a nice sound to it and they al sound good on it. This is fine and nice to listen to. Nice song with a nice message to it, so i agree with you on there.

I thought I saw you post in Denise's list that you weren't making a list this year.

I did say I wasn't going to, but I ended up changing my mind. :lol:

Wow, my power. :bye2: :giggle: But so glad you decided to do a list and share it with us! :D As I said, I always enjoy following your song lists. ^_^

100. Runaway - I never heard of this before and am kind of surprised to see the Jonas Brothers on this. :o lol I was wondering why this was here reading all your comments about not liking it that much, but I see. This is fun and could grow on me with more listens.

99. Undrunk - I remember hearing this in your thread last year for the first time and am surprised you never heard it again. :o I heard this quite often on the radio, so that was nice. I always really liked the sound of it and her voice, as well.

98. Into the Trees - I loved Brooke on Idol too, but haven't done a good job of keeping up with her. >.

97. Alright - This is also among my favorites for their new album. I like the optimism of the lyrics, and the feel of the song. They all sound great.

100. Runaway - Ugh, Daddy Yankee. This song is definitely a no from me. :haha:

99. Undrunk - I remember this song from your list last year; it's good and catchy. Has she released anything since then?

98. Into the Trees - I didn't know Brooke still released music, nor do I think California and country mix very well. I liked her piano pop music better too, but this is decent. I'm interested to hear more.

97. Alright - After a bit of a disappointing last era, Lady Antebellum are back. <3 This is one of my favorites from their latest album too.

IPB Image

*me reading the subtitle and not understanding it even though I am Latin*

IPB Image

And the top 10 will be full of Alvaro and Sebastian. :haha:

Yay Steven. Bring us back that hot Alvaro. :wub:

IPB Image

Álvaro didn't release a lot of new music in 2019. :(

Yayy I am glad you decided to do a list, Steven! :w00twave: Ooh your comments on not caring much for popular music this year could explain why you didn’t like most of my list yet. :lmao:

100. Runaway - Oooh I remember when this song came out but then I forgot about it shortly after its release. :haha: Not surprised there was a lot of hype with all of these artists on it. Ah yeah I get you on this having too many people on this. The Jonas Brothers are an interesting/weird inclusion on here but maybe they were on there to ave this crossover and do well on the US charts? The song is catchy and fun and I like the sound/vibe of this, and i do like everyone’s parts on this.

99. Undrunk - Ah yes I remember this song on your 2019 preview but omgg you putting it on your list and never hearing it again after that, omg. :dead: But I feel like that happens to me wit a few select songs too. Anyway I like this song, the vibe of it and Fletcher’s vocal delivery on this.

98. Into the Trees - NTH and oh I didn’t even know Brooke released new music this year but that is cool. I agree with you she’s better at the piano singer/songwriter material over the country inspired sound but this has a nice sound to it and she sounds good. Agree with you that this song is nice an easygoing.

97. Alright - Hmm I don’t know if i heard this song before or not .This has a nice sound to it and they al sound good on it. This is fine and nice to listen to. Nice song with a nice message to it, so i agree with you on there.

Thanks, Wallace!

- That's cool you heard of this song before! Understandable how you forgot about it. Yeah, I do wonder if Jonas Brothers were brought in to appeal to the American markets. I don't know how successful the attempt was, but it still seems to be pretty popular on the Latin charts.

- Yeah, I forgot about it. :ph34r: That's cool you can relate to that, too. :lol:

- Yay for agreeing this is nice and easygoing.

- I like your thoughts on this song too!

Wow, my power. :bye2: :giggle: But so glad you decided to do a list and share it with us! :D As I said, I always enjoy following your song lists. ^_^

100. Runaway - I never heard of this before and am kind of surprised to see the Jonas Brothers on this. :o lol I was wondering why this was here reading all your comments about not liking it that much, but I see. This is fun and could grow on me with more listens.

99. Undrunk - I remember hearing this in your thread last year for the first time and am surprised you never heard it again. :o I heard this quite often on the radio, so that was nice. I always really liked the sound of it and her voice, as well.

98. Into the Trees - I loved Brooke on Idol too, but haven't done a good job of keeping up with her. >.< I had no idea she released a new album, but glad I'll get to hear some of it here. I really like this on first listen. It feels so happy and suits her. <3

97. Alright - This is also among my favorites for their new album. I like the optimism of the lyrics, and the feel of the song. They all sound great. <3

Thanks, Denise!

- I'm glad you think this is fun and could grow on you.

- Yeah, I didn't seek it out to hear again. I actually think I heard it on the radio a couple of times too, but that's it.

- I'm glad I'll be able to share some of Brooke's new music for those that aren't aware she released an album this year. I agree she sounds happy on this song!

- That's cool this is one of your favorites on the album too! I, too, like the optimism of the lyrics. :yes:

100. Runaway - Ugh, Daddy Yankee. This song is definitely a no from me. :haha:

99. Undrunk - I remember this song from your list last year; it's good and catchy. Has she released anything since then?

98. Into the Trees - I didn't know Brooke still released music, nor do I think California and country mix very well. I liked her piano pop music better too, but this is decent. I'm interested to hear more.

97. Alright - After a bit of a disappointing last era, Lady Antebellum are back. <3 This is one of my favorites from their latest album too.

- That's fair!

- I'm glad you think this is good and catchy. I actually don't know if she released anything since then. I came across the song before really knowing anything about her. I just looked on Wikipedia, and she has released a few more songs after this one.

- Fair thoughts overall. At least you think it's decent.

- That's cool this is one of your favorites on the album too! I also wasn't the biggest fan of their previous era.

96. BACK TO LIFE - RASCAL FLATTS
B3jP5diBDb4
Here's another set before the New Year's festivities begin. It doesn't seem like Rascal Flatts released any new music this year, but "Back to Life" was released late 2018. So, I figure it'd be eligible for this list anyway. "Back to Life" is a sweet, romantic song. The lyrics basically describe a girl he's in love with. It's a tad generic, but the vocals are what I like best here. The way Gary LeVox's vocals soar near the end is quite impressive. Also, Shay Mooney of Dan + Shay co-wrote this song, and I can hear that influence in the arrangement here. Anyway, it's a nice song, and hopefully Rascal Flatts release some new music in 2020.

Favorite lyric:
My dreams come alive when I wake up and look in her eyes
She brings me back to life.

95. DATE LA VUELTA - LUIS FONSI, SEBASTIÁN YATRA, and NICKY JAM
n5jRwdEwLOY
"Date La Vuelta" is a collaboration with Luis Fonsi, Sebastián Yatra, and Nicky Jam. Not every set in this countdown will include a song with Sebastián Yatra. That's just how the first two sets happened to play out. Anyway, this is a song that actually had to grow on me. All three of these guys have released music I like, but I was expecting something better when I heard they were releasing a song together. Nonetheless, I grew to like this song with more listens. "Date La Vuelta" is pretty catchy; I like the rhythmic groove here. As for the translation, the title means "Turn Around." It's basically a flirty song abut hitting on a girl. Nothing groundbreaking here, but I like it well enough to place it at this spot on the list.

Favorite part:
Entonces síguete moviendo, síguete moviendo
Como si congeláramos este momento
Síguete moviendo.

94. GOOD ENOUGH - JANA KRAMER
YsfFO5RSIn8
This is one of the last songs I added to this countdown. On a whim, I looked up to see if Jana released anything new recently and came across this song. It's a song that's still growing on me, but I like it enough to include on this list. The arrangement of the verses are a bit iffy, but I do like the chorus. I like the self-empowerment message, too. Instead of being good enough for someone else, the song is about being good enough for yourself. I think that's a good message to put in a song. Maybe this would be higher with more listens, but it places at #94 for now.

Favorite lyric:
I wanna be the one that you stand for
Reach out your hand for
I wanna, I wanna be
Good enough for me.

93. I FORGOT THAT YOU EXISTED - TAYLOR SWIFT
p1cEvNn88jM
A lot of Lover tracks will be on this countdown, so I figured I'd spread them out a bit. The first one to appear is "I Forgot That You Existed," the opening track of the album. The song is about how Taylor has moved on from an ex and no longer thinks about him. She's not dwelling on him or the relationship anymore. It's a cheeky song, which makes it kind of amusing. I like how the arrangement and Taylor's delivery matches the indifference of the lyrics. Along with the part I highlighted below, I also like the part when she sings "Your name on my lips, tongue tied / Free rent, living in my mind / But then something happened one magical night / I forgot that you existed." There are better songs on the album, but I still like it enough to include here.

Favorite lyric:
I forgot that you existed
It isn't love, it isn't hate
It's just indifference.

[b]96. Back to Life[/b] -
[b]95. Date La Vuelta[/b] -
[b]94. Good Enough[/b] -
[b]93. I Forgot That You Existed[/b] -

96. Back to Life - I love this song too and yay the Dan + Shay influence!

95. Date La Vuelta - "Not every set in this countdown will include a song with Sebastián Yatra." :haha: This sounds okay for me on first listen, but may have to grow on me, as well.

94. Good Enough - I try to keep up with Jana's music, but haven't heard this one. I see it was released a few months ago, so I wonder why it's not listed on Wikipedia. :detective: I really like this hearing it now, and also love the positivity of the lyrics.

93. I Forgot That You Existed - Yess, one of my favorites from the Lover album too! :wub: Although I don't know how far I've managed to narrow down my favorites yet, as I love so many. I love the way Taylor delivers the lyrics too. It's so perfect. :haha: This is a great opening track and I have not yet tired of listening to it. :wub: I love the carefree attitude. :bobo:

96. Back to Life - I can’t remember if i heard this but I am sure i heard this from lists on here or something? I barely remember seeing them around in 2019. I get your comments on this seeming a bit generic and oooo Shay working on this song. I can hear a Dan+Shay sound on this. This is a pretty nice song and they sound good on this.

95. Date La Vuelta - Lol you clearing up how every set won’t have Sebastian on it. :giggle: Wow this song is a very heavyweight track with all of these names though I am not too familiar with Nicky Jam. This song was alright at the opening verse but wasn’t feeling it too much but then it got to the chorus and got all fun, jammy and I was really liking that there and onwards. Fun song. :bobo:

94. Good Enough - NHT but ooo this song has an interesting and kinda funky sound to it on the verses. The chorus def has more of an empowering feel to it - and lol wow the verses and chorus are kinda disjointed that it feels like two different songs. :haha: But i like Jana’s voice and the song is enjoyable.

93. I Forgot That You Existed - NHT but I have heard of this song. This has a fun cheeky sound to it with the beat and her delivery on the song. And yess you said cheeky. It’s kinda funny but of course she pulls songs of this nature well. Cute enjoyable song.

96. Back to Life - I love this song too and yay the Dan + Shay influence! <3 I love the way this song soars and the vocals on it too. Also hope Rascal Flatts will release more new music soon.

95. Date La Vuelta - "Not every set in this countdown will include a song with Sebastián Yatra." :haha: This sounds okay for me on first listen, but may have to grow on me, as well.

94. Good Enough - I try to keep up with Jana's music, but haven't heard this one. I see it was released a few months ago, so I wonder why it's not listed on Wikipedia. :detective: I really like this hearing it now, and also love the positivity of the lyrics.

93. I Forgot That You Existed - Yess, one of my favorites from the Lover album too! :wub: Although I don't know how far I've managed to narrow down my favorites yet, as I love so many. <3 The groove of this melody is just too good. :bobo: I love the way Taylor delivers the lyrics too. It's so perfect. :haha: This is a great opening track and I have not yet tired of listening to it. :wub: I love the carefree attitude. :bobo:

96. Yes, I like the way the song soars, too. ^_^

95. That's fair it's one that would have to grow on you. :yes:

94. Aww too bad you missed out on this one, but at least you can hear it here! I'm glad you enjoyed this after a first listen.

93. That's cool this is one of your favorites on the album too! I believe I have at least 10 songs from the album included on this countdown. :ph34rwave: Yay for agreement on this song!

96. Back to Life - I can’t remember if i heard this but I am sure i heard this from lists on here or something? I barely remember seeing them around in 2019. I get your comments on this seeming a bit generic and oooo Shay working on this song. I can hear a Dan+Shay sound on this. This is a pretty nice song and they sound good on this.

95. Date La Vuelta - Lol you clearing up how every set won’t have Sebastian on it. :giggle: Wow this song is a very heavyweight track with all of these names though I am not too familiar with Nicky Jam. This song was alright at the opening verse but wasn’t feeling it too much but then it got to the chorus and got all fun, jammy and I was really liking that there and onwards. Fun song. :bobo:

94. Good Enough - NHT but ooo this song has an interesting and kinda funky sound to it on the verses. The chorus def has more of an empowering feel to it - and lol wow the verses and chorus are kinda disjointed that it feels like two different songs. :haha: But i like Jana’s voice and the song is enjoyable.

93. I Forgot That You Existed - NHT but I have heard of this song. This has a fun cheeky sound to it with the beat and her delivery on the song. And yess you said cheeky. It’s kinda funny but of course she pulls songs of this nature well. Cute enjoyable song.

96. Yay for thinking this is a pretty nice song! They do sound good on this. :yes:

95. Heavyweight track indeed. That's fair you aren't too familiar with Nicky Jam. I'm not either, but he has been featured on other songs I like ("Perro Fiel" with Shakira, "Cásate Conmigo" with Silvestre Dangond, and "El Perdón" with Enrique Iglesias). That's cool you ended up liking this song after hearing the chorus!

94. Yes, I hear what you mean about the verses and chorus being disjointed. Enjoyable song indeed.

93. Fun, cheeky song indeed. :lol: I'm glad you thought this was cute and enjoyable.

92. WHAT DO I KNOW? - SHAWN AUSTIN
jhOjVpu1Qk4
Here's a song I came across due to Trent Harmon promoting it on his social media. He's a co-writer on this song, so I figured I'd give it a listen. And I ended up liking it! The song is basically about a girl calling her ex, and he's sensing (or maybe just hoping) she wants to get back together like he does. I haven't heard of Shawn Austin before, but he's got a good voice. I like how he delivers this song, but I also can't help but wonder how Trent would've sounded on this song had he recorded it. I do hope Trent releases more music soon too, but that's a different topic. Anyway, "What Do I Know?" is a solid song and finds a spot on this list at #92.

Favorite lyric:
If you don't miss me at all, why you calling?
I think you walked away, but the feelings went
On and on and on and on and on.

91. RESCUE ME - ONEREPUBLIC
6gcb2vGxO7w
"Rescue Me" by OneRepublic was a song that had to grow on me. It didn't really make much of an impression on me at first, but I ended up liking it more with more listens. I like the arrangement here, and the rapid phrasing in the chorus is pretty cool. Ryan Tedder sounds great as usual, too. His vocals manage to keep up with the fast energy of the song. This single is apparently going to be included on their upcoming album. I don't know when it'll be released, but I'm guessing sometime this year. I look forward to their album since I usually like OneRepublic's music.

Favorite part:
Would you rescue me? Would you get my back?
Would you take my call when I start to crack?
Would you rescue me?

90. NICE TO MEET YA - NIALL HORAN
k7jeYJA9bgY
I was used to Niall Horan's singer-songwriter style from his past releases, so "Nice To Meet Ya" took me by surprise when I first heard it. However, I do think Niall manages to pull it off here. The subject matter has been done countless times in so many songs ("Nice to meet ya / What's your name?"), but the production is actually pretty cool. The gritty arrangement with the hand claps and piano chords flows pretty well here. It's a very catchy song, and it's cool to see Niall show this different side to himself. Also, his love interest in the music video is really pretty. I know that has nothing to do with the song, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Favorite part:
One minute, you're there, the next one, you're gone
Been waiting for you all night, so come on
You know what I need, you know what I want.

89. SPIRIT - BEYONCÉ
civgUOommC8
"Spirit" is the original song included for the new The Lion King remake. I enjoyed the movie, and I thought Beyoncé did an excellent job as Nala. It was neat that Beyoncé got to write and record a song for the film, and I thought "Spirit" suited the film well. The song has this anthemic, gospel-inspired sound to it. And Beyoncé delivers this style splendidly. I especially like how her voice soars when she sings the title lyric, but I like all the dynamics she showcases with her voice here. "Spirit" is an uplifting song that is great for a Disney film. I haven't been following the films generating Oscar buzz, but I do wonder if this song will be nominated in the Best Original Song category. I guess we'll see!

Favorite lyric:
Let the light lift your heart up
Burn your flame through the night.

[b]92. What Do I Know?[/b] -
[b]91. Rescue Me[/b] -
[b]90. Nice To Meet Ya[/b] -
[b]89. Spirit[/b] -

92. What Do I Know? - NHT or heard of Shawn Austin before but that is cool that Trent co-wrote and work on this song. This is a nice sounding song and he has a good voice. I like the message of it and yeah it’s nice. Ooh I wonder how Trent would sound on this and I’m sure i’d like it even more.

91. Rescue Me - I totally get your thoughts on this song as I feel the same. It was okay and didn’t do much for me at first but then it did grow a bit on me. Not a top favorite of mine from ten but I like it well enough.

90. Nice To Meet Ya - Lol yess I love how we both posted this song at around the same time. :haha: As you know I like and enjoy this song as well. YESS @ your first sentence which I completely agree with you on. I was surprised bby the sound of it but then this song would grow on me the more I listened to it. And I def like it now. I like all of the parts you listed from Niall’s delivery, the music/arrangement of this and all of what you said. And yes I do agree that his love interest is really pretty too.

89. Spirit - Oooh I mayyy like this song? :teehee: Lmaoo of course I do and I am aways here for Beyoncé making it on year-end lists. This is a really beautiful song and Bey sings it beautifully and emotes it wonderfully too. I like the anthemic gospel feel of this. It’s sooo inspiring. And yes I love how her voice soars on this song. Oooh this did get nominated for the Golden Globe for best song. I think Oscar noms come in a week and a half or sooner? But of course I’m rooting and hoping for this to get a nomination an win.