The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

BREAKING: Biden Admin Gave Taliban List Of ‘American Citizens, Green Card Holders And Afghan Allies’ That Needed To Get Into Airport: Report

The Biden administration reportedly gave the Taliban a list of the names of United States citizens, green card holders, and other Afghan allies that needed to be allowed into the airport so they could be evacuated — a decision that sparked widespread outrage from officials and critics.

“The move, detailed to POLITICO by three U.S. and congressional officials, was designed to expedite the evacuation of tens of thousands of people from Afghanistan as chaos erupted in Afghanistan’s capital city last week after the Taliban seized control of the country,” Politico reported. “But the decision to provide specific names to the Taliban, which has a history of brutally murdering Afghans who collaborated with the U.S. and other coalition forces during the conflict, has angered lawmakers and military officials.”

A Pentagon official told Politico that the Biden administration effectively “put all those Afghans on a kill list.”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, season1 said:

The Afghans who don’t miraculously make it on to a plane in the next 24 hours will all be killed, and so will their families, except for the young girls, who will probably wish they were dead. 

Who in the hell thought this was a good idea? 

This poll was entirely conducted before today’s terror attacks and his disastrous press conference, so it’s probably going to get even worse. It’s very rare to see anyone poll this badly within their own party, and Biden just keeps digging a deeper hole for himself. 

There’s also this...

”....A mere 16 percent of Americans would go so far as to say that it has been executed “very or somewhat well....”

”.....Of those who disapprove, 69 percent of Americans and 76 percent of independents say President Joe Biden bears responsibility for the chaos in Afghanistan. Despite the president’s efforts to pin blame for the confusion and escalating violence on the ground on the former Afghan government, only 37 percent of Americans have adopted this view.....”

Edited by TeamAudra

5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

The Afghans who don’t miraculously make it on to a plane in the next 24 hours will all be killed, and so will their families, except for the young girls, who will probably wish they were dead. 

Who in the hell thought this was a good idea? 

Idiots and/or people who aren't looking out for the safety of the people on the list.

Edited by season1

6 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

When they kept saying last week that they will evacuate every American who wants to leave Afghanistan, my husband said "Who wants to stay there knowing that they will be targeted by the Taliban?" He then said, they will leave thousands of Americans behind and say that those who were left in the country "didn't want to leave."

13 Marines and a sailor were killed yesterday. It didn't need to happen. Many more Americans abroad (and probably at home) are in grave danger. America is seen as weak and that's when her enemies will test her. It will get worse before it gets better.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 11:50 AM, TeamAudra said:

Are you still running with that? 

That theory has been debunked. 

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2021/08/19/another-desantis-scandal-implodes-n2594328

If you don’t want to read a Townhall article, you can read about it on Politifact, who also debunked it. 

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/aug/19/democratic-underground/firm-led-top-donor-fla-gov-ron-desantis-donor-isnt/

Sounds like you’re one of those who would rather have people die than have more access to potentially life saving treatments, all due to politics. I suspect we’ll see these treatment centers emerging in other states, as the variant spreads across the US in the coming months. 

I thought you'd enjoy this:

https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2021/08/26/fauci-now-promoting-covid-19-treatment-that-media-slammed-desantis-for-promoting-sooner-n432949

Also, a good summary of the "deal" Trump made with the Taliban, clearly showing that withdrawal rested with the Taliban and Aghan goverment's ability to negotiate peace:

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/us-taliban-peace-deal-agreement-afghanistan-war

Edited by monkshood
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, monkshood said:

I noticed a few days ago Fauci was promoting it, but many on the left attack every time DeSantis tweets about a new treatment site opening. Apparently, they would rather people die than have more access to potentially life saving treatments, just because it’s DeSantis’ idea. A lot of the people attacking aren’t even Florida residents, and they use the same talking points. 🤔 I’m sure there are some who are dissuaded from getting the treatment by these people spreading the dangerous misinformation.  

Edited by TeamAudra

5 hours ago, season1 said:

When they kept saying last week that they will evacuate every American who wants to leave Afghanistan, my husband said "Who wants to stay there knowing that they will be targeted by the Taliban?" He then said, they will leave thousands of Americans behind and say that those who were left in the country "didn't want to leave."

13 Marines and a sailor were killed yesterday. It didn't need to happen. Many more Americans abroad (and probably at home) are in grave danger. America is seen as weak and that's when her enemies will test her. It will get worse before it gets better.

He couldn’t have made it any more clear yesterday that he intends to leave American citizens behind, and justified it by saying it’s what happens whenever a war ends. Can you imagine being trapped in Afghanistan right now, and told you have to make your way to the airport to get out? It’s almost impossible, especially for American citizens of Afghan descent. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

I hope Biden isn’t being blackmailed over something found on one of his son’s stolen laptops. I’m struggling to understand how he could be so naive and incompetent, dealing with the Taliban. He knows what they are, and who they are. 

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I noticed a few days ago Fauci was promoting it, but many on the left attack every time DeSantis tweets about a new treatment site opening. Apparently, they would rather people die than have more access to potentially life saving treatments, just because it’s DeSantis’ idea. A lot of the people attacking aren’t even Florida residents, and they use the same talking points. 🤔 I’m sure there are some who are dissuaded from getting the treatment by these people spreading the dangerous misinformation.  

I hope that treatment works cause right now hospitals there are full and while yes some are breakthough cases the majority are unvaccinated, this is putting a strain on the hospitals doctors and nurses. so if this treatment works hope its a releif for hospitals and workers. 

1 hour ago, bswanson said:

I hope that treatment works cause right now hospitals there are full and while yes some are breakthough cases the majority are unvaccinated, this is putting a strain on the hospitals doctors and nurses. so if this treatment works hope its a releif for hospitals and workers. 

Fauci claims it reduces hospitalization and deaths by as much as 85%. Florida has close to 20 treatment centers operating, and each one of them can treat at least 300 patients per day, so about 6000 total. My understanding is they are still going to be adding more. It’s all funded by the federal government, because of a deal Trump made with Regeneron.  

I watch the numbers daily. Other states are going to be in the same situation Florida is currently in, over the coming months. 

Look at Hawaii, for example. They’ve had strict mask mandates all along,  and have a high vaccination rate. There are other states seeing this kind of spike too, but I’ll let you research that on your own. 

KvkjhOh.png

Also, Florida is 20th in the nation in per capita vaccinations, the highest of any state that voted for Trump. They seem to be making good progress over the past several weeks too. 

A substantial number of new infections are occurring in fully vaccinated individuals. I realize they are less likely to have severe symptoms. I’m fully vaccinated and will get the booster after 8 months. I have an underlying condition, but am otherwise very healthy, and get lots of exercise. If I test positive again, I will be asking for the monoclonal antibody treatment.