2019 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

Alex95

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Well if I was playing I've vote to save him over Zendaya oop.

That isn't what the majority will be doing though.  :haha:  And if it happens, then *shrug*, im not out to get her eliminated this early.  

Just now, Solaris said:

Not a battle I would have done, if you hadn't sent Lindsey out.  

I Love Lucy Shrug GIF by CBS All Access

It's all good. I was actually expecting Lindsey to stay (or it at least be a closer vote) but obviously didn't weigh up the voters. Truth be told I was kinda careless who went after the Ally cut 🤷‍♀️

Lindsey Stirling

QuarrelsomeFatalDipper-size_restricted.g

Sorry to be the one cutting Lindsey (and possibly reigniting the infamous feud for the first time on the new forum... but let's hope not :stealth:). With lots of fodder still in the game I was definitely planning on playing it Switzerland for this round however after Elliott's Ally/Normani cut, it would feel like a cop-out to stick to a nicer gameplan. If there's anything I learnt from the first rankdown it's that while playing with fire is risky, so is playing too nice! I feel like for the mostpart of the first rankdown I didn't really risk the bigger nominations, but by the time you know it, you've let other people's faves maybe slide through, and a lot of yours are gone. Also worth noting that my inbox is always open for deals! Like they say on the show with a shocking elimination - don't be too outraged if you didn't vote. In the rankdown, you can't be too outraged if you didn't make the move to keep one of your favorites out of danger. And that's why, even while I was disappointed with Elliott's battle, it was a good move and I couldn't be outraged, because maybe I had a chance to try and keep Ally safe, and yet it's a chance I didn't take! So yeah - my inbox is always open, and I'm sorry to break this news the hard way through this cut.

Anyway you can maybe tell by now that this is going to be a longer write-up (because I literally have nothing to do so why not make this a literary masterpiece). Lindsey Stirling, while not one of my all-time favorite contestants, was without a doubt a standout of Season 25. Whether you're team Jordan or team Lindsey, I think it's pretty clear that they were the leading duo from night 1 to the finale. Seeing Mark back as a pro is always exciting because he's thoroughly creative and you could tell he wanted to make the best out of that this season with Lindsey, and he did for sure. I'll note some of my highlights of theirs, from what I remember! They started off their season with a strong opening Cha-Cha, and Lindsey danced really clean/sharp in this number. I really loved their Jive and it was one of my favorite dances of that season. Another one I really liked was their Disney Foxtrot which was gorgeous. Other great dances I liked were of course their Argentine Tango, their Paso Doble which Lindsey pulled off even with an injury, their Jazz routine which had a great cameo from Kristi Yamaguchi, their Contemporary number (shock to one of Mark's songs, lol he sure knew how to plug him and his wife's music on this show), and then their amazing and impressive Freestyle number incorporating Lindsey's skills as an amazing violinist.

I won't go into the feud too much since most of us know it all too well. For me, when it came to Lindsey I really did like her, she seemed like a sweetheart and was one of the best dancers of the season - I personally just didn't take to her like I know a lot of people did. And it's nothing against her, it was just the way I felt that season! Personally I thought Jordan was in a league of his own that season and I was fully on board Team Jordan that I didn't really find myself rooting for anyone else (other than Vanessa but we all need an underdog fave :wub:)  It always got so heated around here that it felt like you had to hate one of Jordan/Lindsey if you loved the other. I just happened to like Jordan more. But what's really nice about that top 2 is that they both seem to be having great post-DWTS careers! Lindsey seems to be killing it in her music career and same with Jordan in his acting/performances. I am sorry to people who love her for cutting her - it's simply something that needed to be done post-Ally's cut. And really, it's just another S25 contestant out of the way until Vanessa and Nikki are left standing, avenging their undeserved double elimination :wub:

Edited by *Lily

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

(also I don't wanna jinx it but I feel like Vanessa Lachey has placed top the last two years for her season...might be wrong? Iconic if it happened a third time though :wub:)

Nikki Bella for S25 champion this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, *Lily said:

An alternate universe where neither Jordan or Lindsey were on S25 and instead this was the finale... love to see it!

i.giphy.com&s=938&h=a80e3f95389e01321e7a

Thank you for reminding me of the sexually confused feelings I had seeing Artem dressed like that.

scared homer simpson GIF