*****Brynn Cartelli Fan Thread*****

rhapsody99

In addition to releasing Convertible in the Rain on 11/4, Brynn will also be releasing "Oh Holy Night" as part of a Christmas compilation called "A Very Cozy Christmas" featuring  a collection of female singer-songwriters. Brynn announced the particular song on her IG story yesterday.

Here's the album announcement from Elektra:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkbRiK6Oktn/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rhapsody99 said:

In addition to releasing Convertible in the Rain on 11/4, Brynn will also be releasing "Oh Holy Night" as part of a Christmas compilation called "A Very Cozy Christmas" featuring  a collection of female singer-songwriters. Brynn announced the particular song on her IG story yesterday.

Here's the album announcement from Elektra:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkbRiK6Oktn/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I'm already on Christmas mood so i'm here for it 🎄

Brynn went live for awhile on Instagram to play Convertible in the Rain on Spotify and throw in a few dance moves. She loved it so much she played it twice. The music video comes out on YouTube tomorrow 11/4 at 9 a.m. Brynn said she would be in the chat on there.

Listen to Convertible in the Rain:

You can also listen to O Holy Night:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Brynn had hinted that she would add another unreleased song to her set list since Convertible in the Rain started out as being an unreleased song at the beginning of the tour and it's since been released. Tonight she added Leader to her setlist in Chicago. You might remember Brynn posting a video on Instagram where she was crying her eyes out while writing the song.

Tonight is the closing show for the Jake Scott tour that Brynn has been opening for. 

If you are attending the show tonight in L.A. a few important things:

1. According to Jake's post on his IG story doors are at 7 p.m. and Brynn is on at 7:30 p.m. The show info on AXS says 8 p.m. for some reason so make sure to show up at 7 p.m. to not miss Brynn.

2. There is construction right now on Wilshire Boulevard on the stretch where the El Rey Theatre is located. Most of the entrances to the parking garages nearby are on the side streets off of Wilshire, but make sure you account for any extra traffic this closure could cause.

3. The official parking structure indicated on the El Rey's website closes 30 minutes after the show ends so if you are planning on meeting Brynn after the show I would make sure you park somewhere else or your car could get locked in.

I messaged both Brynn and Jake about the start time discrepancy, I'll post any updates if they happen to actually see it and respond.

8 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

Tonight is the closing show for the Jake Scott tour that Brynn has been opening for. 

If you are attending the show tonight in L.A. a few important things:

1. According to Jake's post on his IG story doors are at 7 p.m. and Brynn is on at 7:30 p.m. The show info on AXS says 8 p.m. for some reason so make sure to show up at 7 p.m. to not miss Brynn.

2. There is construction right now on Wilshire Boulevard on the stretch where the El Rey Theatre is located. Most of the entrances to the parking garages nearby are on the side streets off of Wilshire, but make sure you account for any extra traffic this closure could cause.

3. The official parking structure indicated on the El Rey's website closes 30 minutes after the show ends so if you are planning on meeting Brynn after the show I would make sure you park somewhere else or your car could get locked in.

I messaged both Brynn and Jake about the start time discrepancy, I'll post any updates if they happen to actually see it and respond.

On second look there is info in the fine print that doors are at 7 p.m. on AXS.com and in the ticker that scrolls at the top of the digital ticket on the app, but it is confusing that the ticket says 8 p.m. and Brynn's set starts at 7:30 p.m. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2022 at 11:40 AM, rhapsody99 said:

Brynn will be doing an interview and performance on KTLA in Los Angeles today at 1 p.m. PT. 

The show can be streamed at the following link if you live out of the area:

https://ktla.com/on-air/live-streaming/

KTLA did a pretty lengthy interview with Brynn talking about all the music she's released in the past couple of years and then they played her performance video of "O Holy Night." The anchors and the weatherman all had really high compliments towards her after the interview was over, one said her performance might be her favorite out of all the Music Fest segments they've done. They've been doing them for since Spring 2021 so they've done quite a few. The weatherman remarked on Brynn's comment about feeling good about the music she had coming out next year, saying she should feel good about her career years from now and her performance was probably one of the most powerful they've had there.

Here's the archived video for anyone that missed it:

https://ktla.com/entertainment/music-fest-fridays-brynn-cartelli-performs-o-holy-night/

• 1 month later...

Brynn is opening for Adam Melchor in Boston on 2/9 and NYC 2/10. You can get tickets here:

https://www.brynncartelli.com/#tour

Also, it looks like fan comment campaigns occasionally can have an influence on an artist. She mentioned fans' on the Internet asking for the song to be released as one of the things that convinced her to record and release Second Hand Smoke. 

Brynn sent out a text message via her community.com account about joining her on Instagram Live "later", but didn't specify a time. I think she tried to post something about it  on her IG story, but a post not available message kept coming up. I'm assuming she meant sometime tonight. 

• 2 weeks later...

Brynn shared video footage of her singing and then playing piano for the recording of Second Hand Smoke. She sings part of the bridge at around the 0:44 mark after she does some bubbling. I guess this will be her first song with an Explicit label on it. Brynn sang the whole song when she was live on Instagram a couple of weeks ago, she almost forgot the lyrics to the bridge that time.

We finally have the release date for Second Hand Smoke it's 2/24. Brynn said during her last IG Live stream Brynn hinted that she picked the release date to coincide with the astrological sign that most embodies the song. Pisces are born 2/19 to 3/20 so the release date does appear to track since Pisces are very sensitive and can get swallowed up by their emotions.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Coh32cdueTK/

• Like 1

It looks like Brynn is L.A. right now, songwriter Keith Varon, posted a picture of her on his IG story on Tuesday 2/14 with a comment that she's always fire. A few days ago I was looking at Brynn's registered songs and the only new one since the last time I checked was actually co-written by Keith, it was called "Play with Fire."

I loveee secondhand smoke!! Brynn says lots of heartbreak songs are coming too so I’m guessing she broke up with her girl code boyfriend 🥺 

Brynn will also sing SHS on Kelly’s show tomorrow

Edited by Linds
  • Like 2

It looks like Brynn's time in L.A. has been pretty busy in addition to working with at least one writer, she played a show at Hotel Cafe, and taped a performance on Kelly's show. Brynn mentioned at Hotel Café that she was going to be directing the music video for Second Hand Smoke that weekend. During Brynn's IG Live stream to celebrate the release of the single she mentioned she was so late doing it because she had just come from a dinner meeting with someone that might appear in the music video so I guess there's still at least a portion of that video that hasn't been shot yet.

What's funny is I actually was given a ticket to the taping of Kelly's show that Brynn performed on, but I declined it on Friday morning (not knowing she would be there) because I had just attended another taping of Kelly's show on Thursday and I was just going to L.A. for so much other stuff. Had I known I would have made it work and gone to see Brynn. My friends and I were talking to Brynn's mom for quite awhile after the show at Hotel Café and we talked about how she and had both been to see Kelly's show yesterday, but we had gone to different tapings so we didn't see each other. She didn't give any hint at all that Brynn was going to be on the show again, ha. 

I'll come back to this thread sometime this week to post videos from the Hotel Cafe show and share my thoughts on the show.

• Like 2