**** Jake HaldenVang Fan Thread ♫ ♪ ♩

Spurrious

Was on the fence about Jake through the first 2 rounds.

That KO tho....he crushed it.

Rock singers tend to have great range and Jake def showed his chops on a really cool song that he made even better imo. Pls add me.

OK but you missed out on a golden opportunity to be one of the cool kids. :haha:

Thanks for being the thread fairy who drops the official pics in the fan threads. :flowers:

Only for my favorites. :bleh:

---

That pic just reminded me we're due for a Gwen makeover. :whistling:

Wonder which it'll be...

post-13547-1573426087.png

LOL. The 2nd from the left ain't too bad but keep the blonde :icecream:

Edited by season1

A bit puzzled by this song choice but Jake did the best he could with this song. I hope he makes it to Top 13 and can sing a better song. :sorcerer:

lF1sX19WNa0

Here's how to vote for Jake :sorcerer:

VOTE ON THE VOICE WEB SITE:

https://voicevote.votenow.nbc.com/vote/grid

VOTE ON THE APP:

https://www.nbc.com/the-voice/exclusives/voice-app

Got bussed with that song choice. :ermm: The old Gwen struck again.

Questionable song choices all night long, but this one really stands out as the strangest of them all to me. It's a shame sometimes how this show won't let people be who they are.

Sad that Jake's journey ended tonight. :'( Also disppointed about his song choices on the show which are quite different from his pre-show materials.

I voted for him a lot but it wasn't enough. I wish him good luck and I hope he continues to pursue music. :sorcerer:

I saw Jake live here in Charlotte where he's from back in 2017 opening for Shinedown's Zach Meyers at a solo show of his. I was floored by his voice and playing. I talked to him a bit after the show and he gave me a business card. A very nice, cool, and gifted young man.

This is the Jake we didn't see on the show. If he performed songs like this, he probably would still be on the show.

zPlQeLw5xck

:huh: I don't understand what happened then. He could've been this season's rocker. wth?

Edit: nvm they want Katie to fill that spot.

This is the Jake we didn't see on the show. If he performed songs like this, he probably would still be on the show.

zPlQeLw5xck

Ya see, this is what pisses me off so much about the show! About the most realistic thing most of these artists can hope for is a little national exposure for WHO THEY REALLY ARE. The vast majority of the audience will never get to see the real Jake bc they trotted him out there with Pink and Adele and Shawn Mendes songs. I can only imagine how frustrating it was for him to have to be someone he's not.

Edited by ATX29

Ya see, this is what pisses me off so much about the show! About the most realistic thing most of these artists can hope for is a little national exposure for WHO THEY REALLY ARE. The vast majority of the audience will never get to see the real Jake bc they trotted him out there with Pink and Adele and Shawn Mendes songs. I can only imagine how frustrating it was for him to have to be someone he's not.

That Pink song was Pop Rock though, and it was a battle, where they needed to bridge the perceived gap between two singers (not that I agree there was such a gap between Jake and Caroline, two guitar-hero rockers), so I could excuse that one particular choice.

BUT, remember when they were judging Jake, and Kelly loudly declared: "... because ROCK is DEAD!"??? That really jarred me. Was she insinuating that Jake should steer clear of actual rock to do well on the show, thus agreeing with producers? Or was she aware of the situation, and giving Jake an "out"/sarcastically calling out the producers?