Nico - 10/20

Steven - 11/20

James - 16/20
Sola - 16/20

DEE

#4. Snorlax (Generation I)

giphy.gif

SNORLAX.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

The Sleeping Pokémon. Hungry icon. There are so many fond memories of walking around Kanto and finding inconveniently placed Snorlax sleeping and blocking your way. Then having to play the Poké Flute or set the Pokégear to the Poké Flute channel in order to wake it up and then battle it in order to catch or defeat Snorlax. Who does not relate to a Pokémon that desires only sleep and food?  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

This Generation I icon is a Normal-type Pokémon that evolves from Munchlax when leveled up with high friendship. Snorlax also has a Gigantamax form, and it might be my favorite Gigantamax form there is. LITERALLY HAS A FRUIT TREE ON ITS STOMACH SO THERE IS NO WORK INVOLVED TO EAT. SO CUTE. SO SMART. BUT WHEN ISN'T SNORLAX CUTE?

Snorlax lives in mountains forests and only wakes up to eat at minimum 900 funds of food per day. Then goes back to sleep. Snorlax is also capable of eating literally anything, even moldy food which is incapable of upsetting Snorlax's strong stomach. Thorny plants. Muk's poison. No problem. Somehow, Snorlax is even capable of eating while sleeping. Incredible. Life goals. 

Snorlax is relatively docile. Docile enough to let children jump on its belly. Snorlax is a jolly giant. The more lethargic Snorlax becomes, the more docile he seems to be. Do not be fooled though. When prompted, Snorlax is a seriously powerful and intimidating foe. Beware of Z-Move Pulverizing Pancake! G-Max Replenish! Gigantamax Snorlax is said to be the most powerful Dynamax Pokémon to have been discovered. Mountain sized. With a massive tree on its belly surrounded by red storm clouds. Just pure lazy realness.  :wub:

Honestly. Snorlax probably has my favorite collection of anime and manga appearances of any single Pokémon ever introduced. Name a Pokémon with cooler appearances. Name a Pokémon with more hilarious and funny moments than Snorlax. Impossible. Literally. Wake Up Snorlax! is maybe the most iconic episode ever. I have a massive attachment to Snorlax because of how simplistically designed, thought out, and characterized it is. Snorlax is a lazy, lovable icon. And every series needs that one character that is just brimming with nothing but positivity. That is Snorlax.  :wub:

Snorlax is also really fun for in-game use. Starting ability of Thick Fat. I mean.  :wub:

Snorlax also uses the starting ability of Immunity. Hidden Ability....Gluttony.  :wub:

The greatness of Snorlax is found in the details people. 7.7% Catch Rate. Snorlax has never been easy to catch. Typically, there is only one or two Snorlax found on specific routes within games. Which made Snorlax feel even more cool, because it is relatively rare. Slow leveling rate. EV Yield of 2 HP. Majority of species is male. Unmeasurable height and weight as Gigantamax Snorlax.  :wub:

540 base stat total. 30 Speed. Because you know.  :wub:

Only weakness if Fighting Pokémon. Immune to Ghost Pokémon. Iconic moves of Last Resort and Body Slam.  :wub:

Of course there is the iconic Snorlax PokéBall summon in the Super Smash Bros. series. The lovely appearance from Snorlax in Detective Pikachu.

Okay. I've gushed about Snorlax a lot. But Snorlax is just the best. There is no way you can deny it. :wub:

VICTORIA

Snorlax

Spr_1b_143.png
Snorlax is known as the Sleeping Pokémon. I know Sola wanted to get rid of this Pokémon but too bad, so sad it made it to the finals. :bobo: Snorlax is an icon and I can't say that for all the Pokémon that made the finals. Snorlax is a Normal-type Pokémon introduced in Generation I. It evolves from Munchlax when leveled up with high friendship. It also has a Gigantamax form. In the Generation I and II games and their remakes, wild Snorlax can be found sleeping in inconvenient locations throughout Kanto. In order to catch one, a Trainer must first awaken it with music from either a Poké Flute or Pokégear set to the Poké Flute channel. A sleeping Snorlax makes a return in Pokémon X and Y, in which it is blocking the player's way on Route 7. I used to hate that as a child and yes most of that came straight from Bulbapedia. I've done 16 write-ups in a row so excuse me. Snorlax has appeared in all the Super Smash Bros. games in some way but never as a playable character. A Snorlax appeared in Detective Pikachu. If your favorite didn't appear in that movie then it's not iconic, sorry. Snorlax is going back to sleep now. Wake it up if wins or loses. It doesn't care.

REI

BT143.png

Snorlax is one of the most iconic Pokemon from the first generation, the anime and the entire franchise as a whole. Snorlax to this day remains one of my favorite Pokemon ever due to his multiple amazing anime appearances, game series storylines, his very fun personality and how a superb Pokemon it is to have in your team. Snorlax made its first appearance in the Wake Up Snorlax! episode where a Snorlax was blocking the water flow to a small village and Ash & Co tried to wake up the Snorlax. Later in the series, Ash would catch its own Snorlax in one of the few instances where Ash didn't suck as a trainer. I remember Ash's Snorlax was a force to be reckon participating in some memorable battles in the Orange Islands and the Johto League, which is when I stopped watching the anime. During the Gen 1 and Gen 2 games, Snorlax would appear blocking several routes where once must use a Poke Flute or the Poke Gear to wake Snorlax up and have a chance to capture it. As for Pokemon Battles, Snorlax is more than a great addition to your team with 540 BST with most of them throw into HP, Attack and Special Defense. Snorlax is only weak to Fighting and immune to Ghost. It has many great moves that can learn through leveling like Last Resort, Crunch, Body Slam, High Horsepower, Hammer Arm, Belch and Giga Impact. You can also teach Snorlax many great moves like Mega Kick, Hyper Beam, Self-Destruct, Hydro Pump, Blizzard, Thunder, Earthquake, Fire Blast, Outrage, Superpower, Focus Blast, Gunk Shot,  Psychic and Wild Charge. Lol you can teach Snorlax whatever you want and use it against pretty much any Pokemon. Snorlax has a simplistic design which I've always preferred over the over design Pokemon that we get sometimes and add that with an amazing personality, Snorlax is just ready to enter your party be the most amazing Pokemon that you would ever need :wub: .

My ranking: 7/20

MEGAN

Snorlax

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Snorlax likes to eat and sleep. What an icon. Name a more relatable Pokemon!

NICO

10. Snorlax

Fattie ❤️ Normal type pokemon are so uneven (most are pokedex filler from early routes), but you can make them great, you just have to give them the stats to be that way. This thing is a WALL. The only way they managed to bring it down a peg was by giving the game a ton of fighting types with a lot of new moves. Talent. It has an extremely flexible movepool (you can use it for anything, wallbreaker, wall, setup, sweeper, you name it), and has abilities that work well with the roles it can take. It’s not borderline invincible like it was during Gen 2 (the biggest annoyance in that battle with Red was Snorlax, everything else was doable), but it’s still a great addition to any team.

STEVEN

SNORLAX

tumblr_nlzn6i7lSB1qfjr5zo1_500.gif

Snorlax, classified as the Sleeping Pokémon, is a Normal type introduced in Generation I. Snorlax is the evolved form of Munchlax, but Munchlax wasn't introduced until Generation IV. Snorlax is a massive bipedal Pokémon. According to its Pokédex entry, it it noted how lazy Snorlax is. All it tends to do is eat and sleep. Snorlax is also capable of eating anything without getting a stomachache. And as seen in the anime and games, only a Poké Flute can force a sleeping Snorlax to wake up. As for Pokémon battles, Snorlax can be quite powerful thanks to its very high HP stat. It has great Attack and Special Defense stats too, but its Speed is lacking. Nonetheless, a trainer can still make use out of a Snorlax if one were to add one to his or her team. Snorlax is an amusing Pokémon in the anime, so that's why I've chosen to rank Snorlax this high on my rankings.

JAMES

016. SNORLAX (#143)

giphy.gif

Snorlax is an icon, plain and simple! I'm glad it won the Normal category, and it's great to see it last this long. It might be frustrating to play with, but if you're patient (I'm not), the damage it can dole out is severe. That being said, I don't mind it ranking in the top half of the bottom half. That apathy led me to rank it lower than others. :bleh:

This drowsy behemoth is known as the "Sleeping Pokémon", because duh. It is purely a Normal-type Pokémon. Prior to Gen. IV, it was a standalone entry. But it now has an adorable baby form, Munchlax! :wub: It evolves from that when you level-up your Munchlax with high friendship. Snorlax also has a Gigantamax version in Galar (Gen. VIII's Sword/Shield games).

One of its most iconic aspects is its presence as a road block nuisance in games. I'm order to prevent you from entering locations before your time, Snorlaxes block the path in two inconvenient locations (on Routes 12 + 16) throughout Kanto. In order to wake and either battle or capture one (or more), you must obtain the Poké Flute and play its rhapsodic melody to wake it. In the Sinnoh region, you can capture a Munchlax in a plethora of places, some of which involve headbutting select trees. :teehee:

Well, it will be interesting to see where it lands. Congrats on making the Top 20! 👋

source.gif

SOLA

Snorlax:

The winner of the normal type category in this rankdown.  It doesn’t surprise me as Snorlax has only gained in popularity since gen 1.  Most recently, Snorlax got some love with a gigantamax version in Gen 8.  He gets a tree on his stomach from being asleep for decades apparently.  Snorlax is a great wall Pokémon (many normal types are), as they are only weak to fighting types, and are immune to Ghost.  Snorlax has a huge amount of health.  If you have his hidden ability with a berry, he eats them much earlier than other Pokémon.  His move set is unimpressive.  However he can get many coverage moves from TMs.  At one point I had a Snorlax on my team who had all the elemental punches, that was fun.  Snorlax gained a baby stage in Gen 2, in Munchlax who is quite cute.  Snorlax is probably the closest Pokémon to being my spirit animal.  If I could eat and sleep all day, I would.

Dee:

02. Haunter

03. Decidueye

04. Snorlax

09. Articuno

13. Krookodile

15. Tyranitar

16. Piplup

17. Infernape

18. Milotic

19. Scraggy

20. Starmie