Video Game Rankdown Pt. 2

Deeee

I canā€™t remember what my abilities do :dead: (or anyoneā€™s for that matter) :rofl:

Ā 

dee this is my asking for a reminder btw

Ā 

1. Hacking - take over another player's nominations

2. Omnipresence - another player must confirm their nominations with you first before posting

3. Manipulation - allows you to change two of the nominations made by another player

Mortal Kombat III/Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3/Mortal Kombat Trilogy

Ā 

I had every hope that Rei was gonna revive this before I had to do the write-up :broken: Hopefully he still does so I don't have to care how bad this one is gonna be (I'm tired and wanna go to sleep ok?). I know I played this at some point, but tbh I don't remember any specifics (time for Dee to yell at me). I would guess that like most MK games is a pretty enjoyable experience, but while I like fighting games, they don't tend to be at the top of my head when I think about my faves.

Ā 

As far as wikipedia tells me, this one added Animalities and a dash feature. Beyond that, the original release omitted some popular characters from previous games, but the updates (Ultimate and Trilogy) added more to the roster.

Ā 

Hopefully I hit 100 bc I'm ready to pass out. Sorry to its fans. Bug Rei to revive it or something.

Level 14: Rhythm Nation

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Level 14 is inspired by the rhythm game genre. Rhythm games or rhythm action games are a genre of music-themed action video games that challenge a player's sense of rhythm. Games in the genre typically focus on dance or the simulated performance of musical instruments, and require players to press buttons in a sequence dictated on the screen. Games in the genre challenge the player to press buttons at precise times: the screen shows which button the player is required to press, and the game awards points both for accuracy and for synchronization with the beat.

Level 14: Rhythm Nation Rules:

- Each nominating player on their turn will privately send me one of six directional commands: up, down, left, right, diagonal up, or diagonal down.

- Every non-nominating player will then try to match this directional command by publicly posting their guess as to directional command in the thread.

- If no ranker is able to successfully match the command of the nominating player - that nominating player will then be able to nominate six games for potential elimination - three games will be cut and three games will be saved.

- The six rankers will then make a decision - to cut a game or save a game. No ranker should do both. As soon as three games are either saved or cut, the round will stop. The remaining games will automatically be cut by the three rankers that did not make a decision. Just like in rhythm games, you will need to be fast and accurate!

- However, if a ranker correctly guesses the directional command of the nominator, that ranker will then take over the nominations. If multiple rankers correctly guess the directional command, all of those rankers will work together in deciding the nominations.

- This level will only last until 18 video games are eliminated. At that point, we will have reached our Top 100 and will be nearly at the finish line!

- First order of business is to decide the nomination order. Since SHODAN will be nominating twice, Nico must put his name down twice. Link will not be nominating this round, unless Rei manages to correctly guess a directional command and usurp the nominations.

- This nomination order is subject to change if anybody chooses to use an Item or Ability that affects the nomination order:

1st -
2nd -
3rd -
4th -
5th -
6th -
7th -

- Since SHODAN used Omnipresence on Micaiah and Princess Peach, both of them will be forced to send Nico the nominations and wait for his confirmation before posting them publicly. If either of you manage to usurp the nominations by correctly guessing the directional command, you will still have to send him the nominations.
Edited by Deeee

Crash Bandicoot: Warped

Ā 

IPB Image

Ā 

Turns out that I have several games left and three Crash games so it's time for one of them peace out now. Don't get me wrong, I love Crash Bandicoot and I wish I wouldn't be cutting it but I love all my other games and Tom decided to get revenge for nominating a game that I didn't know he loved so it is what it is :) . Crash Bandicoot: Warped is the third game in the Crash Bandicoot series and it was released on 1998 for the PS1. The story takes place right after the event of the previous game (Cortex Strikes Back), where the Cortex's space station crash on Earth and an evil entity called Uka Uka starts wreaking havoc. Cortex, Nefarious Tropy and Uka Uka plan to collect Crystals scattered across time and use their power to enslave Earth. Crash and Coco Bandicoot must now travel through time and stop their plans and collect the crystals themselves. Crash and Coco travel use Time-Twisting Machine to travel through time where there are five chambers with five levels each that you have to complete in order to get the 25 Crystals. The game received universal acclaim with a 91/100 from Metacritic and many considered to be the best 2.5D platformer game ever released. It did well with sales too and as of now it has sold 5.7 millions copies worldwide and it's the thirteen best-selling PlayStation game of all time. Again, I love this game and I have many fun memories from playing so it sucks for me to cut this now.

Crash! :bye2: Love this game.

Why am I not nominating if Nico is using Manipulation on me not Hacking?

Ā 

OOPS. I read that totally wrong. Rei will be nominating, but Nico will be able to change two of those nominations.

Ā 

Nico - you will only nominate once. Will it be first or third?