Is this the biggest winner single sabotage of all time?

“Home” was the perfect winner’s single for the time. That type of music where the chorus is just someone singing “Woahhhhh ohh ohh” over and over was huge in 2012 lol. He was the obvious winner all season long but once he got this coronation song, it was a done deal. 

I wouldn't call it a sabotage honestly. I really didn't like Phillip's performance of Home at all. He didn't need the marching band at all because that's not him. He didn't strike me as a type of artist who goes for big fancy production. He probably still would have won even if it was just him and the guitar. I actually loved Jessica's performance of Change Nothing. It was a perfect song for her because it sounded like she was telling the message that we should change nothing and that we should be ourselves. I liked the message of the song and she did a fantastic job with the song in the finale. I thought it was better than Phillip's performance by a large margin. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Persy said:

I actually loved Jessica's performance of Change Nothing. It was a perfect song for her because it sounded like she was telling the message that we should change nothing and that we should be ourselves.

I would love if Jessica’s song was actually about that but it’s clearly about ignoring your family and friends worries about the person you’re with after you tell them about the state of your relationship because you’re “so in love” with the guy and “wouldn’t change nothing” due to that. It was very off-putting for a 16 year old to be singing about that saying she should’ve kept her mouth close and never told anyone anything in order to stay on a troubled relationship. 

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 1

It wasn't sabotage.  Jessica Sanchez was a Saved contestant.  She would have been eliminated Top 8 otherwise. 

This was one of the times where the winner went on to have the best post show career.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

It wasn't sabotage.  Jessica Sanchez was a Saved contestant.  She would have been eliminated Top 8 otherwise. 

This was one of the times where the winner went on to have the best post show career.

All this is true (she might've left at Top 7,) but the producers might have still disagreed with the save choice. Not that I believe it was that deliberate, I can just see that Home was written to suit Phillip extremely well.

Edited by NGL2008

It was not sabotage. Jessica Sanchez literally said she chose Change Nothing 'cause it was most like a winner's single. It can't be sabotage from the producers when she picked the song herself. Lol.

2 hours ago, KelseyW said:

No Boundaries is the worst winners single of all time. 

Clearly wasn't meant for Kris but Danny or Adam. Lmao Ugh...

I swear, they say "boundaries" so quickly in the song I used to think it sounded like they were talking about Bounty paper towels.

I do think Falling was much catchier than La 'Porsha's single, Battles. It just kind of sounded like a miniature round-up of everything she was vocally known for. (And don't get me started on Dalton's "Strike a Match." I couldn't tell you what that was about.)

My ultimate unpopular opinion, though? 175 Lbs. by Wé Ani: certified bop.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, MalwareDie said:

It was not sabotage. Jessica Sanchez literally said she chose Change Nothing 'cause it was most like a winner's single. It can't be sabotage from the producers when she picked the song herself. Lol.

She did say she picked the song out of a small list of options she was given (on the interview she reveals that she implies it was 2 or 3 songs to choose from) and was disappointed with it tho. So the other options were probably even worse. 

Edited by wildestinvegas

39 minutes ago, NGL2008 said:

I swear, they say "boundaries" so quickly in the song I used to think it sounded like they were talking about Bounty paper towels.

I do think Falling was much catchier than La 'Porsha's single, Battles. It just kind of sounded like a miniature round-up of everything she was vocally known for. (And don't get me started on Dalton's "Strike a Match." I couldn't tell you what that was about.)

My ultimate unpopular opinion, though? 175 Lbs. by Wé Ani: certified bop.

Clark's Champion vs Nick's Beautiful Life is another winner singles match up that was completely uneven. Clark's was No Boundaries levels of disaster. The song didn't fit him at all. 

• Thanks 1

Not a diasaster, Home is a beuatiful song, even team USA used the song for the Gymnastics program. " I am going to make this your home" great message to the idol fan's and to the country too.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, wgm said:

Not a diasaster, Home is a beuatiful song, even team USA used the song for the Gymnastics program. " I am going to make this your home" great message to the idol fan's and to the country too.

Oh, we don't mean the song. General consensus is that Jessica's was very unmemorable in comparison.

As for Champion, yeah. No Clark performance starts with those "Ohhh-waaaah"s in the background. Not his style. And I'm sure Sus Borschetta was very happy about that.

5 minutes ago, NGL2008 said:

Oh, we don't mean the song. General consensus is that Jessica's was very unmemorable in comparison.

As for Champion, yeah. No Clark performance starts with those "Ohhh-waaaah"s in the background. Not his style. And I'm sure Sus Borschetta was very happy about that.

Borschetta was unproffessionial when it came to Clark