My favourite remaining is Abi, but Jack is TCO and will probably win

Posted (edited)

I know IDF thinks Abi is the one the show wants to win, but I firmly believe Jack is TCO. They had Kane call Jack a songwriter to prime viewers to Jack's songwriting chops in the finale since his winner's single is self-penned. They also had Katy say she was like a stepsister to Jack at first, but him winning would be a Cinderella story to tie in her Cinderella outfit in order to help give her opinion more weight. It's highly likely that Katy's entire outfit was scripted just to give Jack that feedback. Jack's entire journey was manufactured to make him an underdog to overdog Abi with his almost not making it to HW story and taking so much time to win over Katy even though he has been one of the most consistent and best performers from the beginning.

Edited by MalwareDie

I'm pretty sure Abi is TPTB's TCO though. She had the most pimpage of the three. I wouldn't mind if Jack wins but I still think Abi is being pushed to win. The edit they gave her and all. I still have a lot of faith in Abi winning the show. The judges and the producers legit called her the winner of American Idol. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I think it’s between Abi and Will. 

I just watched Jack’s performances, and I still don’t get this dude.  

I feel the same about Jack too sometimes. He'll have one performance that really stands out for me, but most of the time I'm not impressed at all.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Persy said:

I'm pretty sure Abi is TPTB's TCO though. She had the most pimpage of the three. I wouldn't mind if Jack wins but I still think Abi is being pushed to win. The edit they gave her and all. I still have a lot of faith in Abi winning the show. The judges and the producers legit called her the winner of American Idol. 

Besides that, Abi is the only platinum ticket recipient left in the competition. If TPTB plan to continue awarding those, they might want someone who received a platinum ticket to win.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, RTV said:

Besides that, Abi is the only platinum ticket recipient left in the competition. If TPTB plan to continue awarding those, they might want someone who received a platinum ticket to win.

While I can see them eventually wanting a Platinum Ticket winner to win, I don't think this is that season. Jack's manufactured growth arc contrasts with Abi's capable of magic but doesn't always get quite there story that Luke made for her. Jack's growth arc is easier to root for.

Edited by MalwareDie

Posted (edited)

Jack has the Southern vote. Abi is from CA.  Like Alejandro, who lost to Lane who is from a traditional Idol state.  Huntergirl had a Platinum ticket, but she lost to Noah.

Edited by mytake1

Posted (edited)

No one is mentioning Iam, who won last season without a platinum ticket nor a "growth arc". It just comes down to pure popularity in the end.

Edited by Floaty

42 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

While I can see them eventually wanting a Platinum Ticket winner to win, I don't think this is that season. Jack's manufactured growth arc contrasts with Abi's capable of magic but doesn't always get quite there story that Luke made for her. Jack's growth arc is easier to root for.

It's true that a growth arc is easier to root for, I still think that they want Abi to win.  They wouldn't mind if Jack won, but I don't think they're pimping him as much as you think.  I might be wrong, but I don't see it that way.

• Like 1

Seriously, Abi is the winner. It's been pretty clear imo for a couple of weeks now. This was no shocker top 3. I don't think there is really a TCO this year. It's been a weird season imo. I think Abi is going to win by a landslide.

• Like 2