• Makenzie Thomas - how deep is your love
    • Makenzie Thomas - I believe in you and me
    • Makenzie Thomas - I am changing
    • Makenzie Thomas - emotion
    • Makenzie Thomas - because you loved me
    • Makenzie Thomas - vision of love
    • Kymberli Joye - Break Every Chain
  2. 2. Best overall run

3. 3. Who gave the better performance in their "best of my love/got to be real" duet?

Posted (edited)

Had to omit Makenzie's IS, not enough options and I realized I didn't have break every chain on there so it's the last option. So if don't vote if that was your pick.

I've always wondered who IDF preferred at the time and who would IDF prefer now. Both very different approaches, but the 2 main powerhouse of the season eliminated in the SF.

Who was better?

Compilation of all their performances (no timestamps though)

The duet (also in the compilations)

If you're too lazy to go through a comp with no timestamps..

Kymberli Joye (in order)

Makenzie Thomas

Edited by Hsamid

Mackenzie's "How Deep Is Your Love" and Kymberli's "Break Every Chain" were easily two of the best performances of that season - literally just dominated in those respective rounds

I think overall, Mackenzie was more consistent vocally 

In the duet I cannot recall how it sounded, but I bet both did great on it

This was really hard because I loved all of Kymberli and Makenzie's performances. Kymberli's best performance was Break Every Chain so I voted for that one. Makenzie's best was either Vision Of Love or her duet.

I think Makenzie's overall run was slightly more consistent than Kymberli's honestly.

It was a tie for the duet but I gave the vote to Makenzie. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

MaKenzie had the more consistent run but at some point her performances just started feeling a little same-y. As for Kymberli, I think I preferred her at her best to MaKenzie at her best, but she was a little less consistent. Slight edge to Kymberli for the variety in song choices.

I liked MaKenzie better in that duet though

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

If I were to compare how each of them did in their respective rounds..

Blinds

Kymberli

One of the best whitney covers I've heard on the show.. The way she built the song up and all the vocal choices leading up to the climax was so well done. Was the most tasteful we've seen Kymberli. Wish we saw more of this tbh.

Makenzie's was smooth as hell too. But Kymberli's was simply the more dynamic vocal.

KOs

Makenzie

I'd say this is a top 3 performance from Makenzie. Kymberli's KO was great too, but it felt like a lesser version of her battle

Playoffs.

Kymberli

Neither of their best performances. But Makenzie was a bit more exposed here imo, some of her belts sounded strained and it's probably the least smooth I've heard her transitions. Kymberli's was a bit much, but thats more to do with vocal choices than anything technically wrong with the performance

Top 13

Kymberli

Just a wrong song choice for Makenzie. This song is a full on belting song, focuses on none of her strengths while exposing the weakest part of her voice.  It was a solid rendition but it didn't feel effortless like every other vocal. Song was almost too big for her imo.

Top 11.

Kymberli.

Her magnum opus. Might just be the best gospel performance on this show. It's close though, Makenzie's top 11 was one of the best of the season as well.

Top 10

Makenzie

Semifinal

Makenzie

These last 2 rounds were easily Kymberli's weakest performances imo (and probably weaker than anything Makenzie did tbh) its basically the opposite for Makenzie who did justice to Mariah Carey and Celine Dion!

So in the end I have

Makenzie - 3

Kymberli - 4

I will say though, Makenzie's runs, headvoice, and ability to transition between registers, might just be the best I've heard on the show.

Edited by Hsamid

7 hours ago, QueenCami said:

u flopped …

Nah, there's no wrong answer here. You don't seem to be the biggest Makenzie fan though...Is it cause she shows your girl Shi'ann how to do runs? 

• Haha 11

I have to rewatch but I think Kymberli’s Break Every Chain is my #1 but after that it’s Makenzie in my top 5 (her last 3 plus the KO)

I liked Kymberli’s prelives better though.

3 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Nah, there's no wrong answer here. You don't seem to be the biggest Makenzie fan though...Is it cause she shows your girl Shi'ann how to do runs? 

maybe Shi’Ann needed help reigning in her runs (although I don’t think MaKenzie is the right teacher for that), but she could certainly teach MaKenzie a lesson on belting 👀

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Hsamid said:

I might’ve flopped but u ate  :giggle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, QueenCami said:

maybe Shi’Ann needed help reigning in her runs (although I don’t think MaKenzie is the right teacher for that), but she could certainly teach MaKenzie a lesson on belting 👀

Sorry but the only thing S13 Shi'ann can teach anyone is how to get disoriented while singing.

• Haha 7

45 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Sorry but the only thing S13 Shi'ann can teach anyone is how to get disoriented while singing.

ok fine if you’re so bitter you might as well drown in your own tears 🙄

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

ok fine if you’re so bitter you might as well drown in your own tears 🙄

Damn, how deep is your love for Shi'ann?

Cause now It's just emotions taking you over..

Edited by Hsamid
  • Haha 6

Posted (edited)

1) How Deep is Your Love

2) Makenzie

3) Kymberli

Both insanely talented. Still not over the fact that they both were eliminated in the semi-finals (with Kim not having the chance to compete for the IS)... It truly was a robbery. 

Edited by TyDSC
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Hsamid said:

She can teach MaKenzie how to reach G6 :dead: shame on her for not attempting "Emotions" though :no:

Edited by allistr
  • Haha 1