S23 vs S25 KOs (best individual performance, best overall KO round, best PO pass contestants)

Hsamid

Pick one  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Best individual KO performance from either season

• Asher Havon - unbreak my heart
    • Anya True Moore - Runaway
    • Karen Waldrup - Georgia rain
    • Nathan Chester - Fooled around
    • Zoe Levert - Cowboy Take me Away
    • Alyssa Crosby - I guess that's why they call it blues
    • Tasha Jessen - Take me to church
    • Kylee Dayne - All by myself
    • Gina Miles - somebody that I used to know
    • 666 - I Put A Spell On You
    • Grace West - Here you come again
    • Holly Brand - Blue Moon Of Kentucky
    • Kala Banham - Iris
    • Cait Martin - all the man that I need
    • Other (mention in comments)
  2. 2. Which season had the better overall KO round?

3. 3. Stronger playoff pass contestants (consider only performances prior to POs)

• S23 (Ryley Tate Wilson, Manasseh Samone, Mary Kate Connor, D. Smooth)
    • S25 (Bryan Olsen, L. Rodgers, Madison Curbelo, Nadége)

Both were victims of the playoff pass and the quality of the KOs suffered as a result. But which KO round was better?

S23 KO playlist (eliminated performances not shown)

S25 KOs

Edited by Hsamid

• Hsamid changed the title to S23 vs S25 KOs (best individual performance, best overall KO round, best PO pass contestants)
Posted (edited)

I think S23 had the stronger top KO performances. For me, Asher and maybe Karen are the only one that really measures up to Holly and the Kala/Cait pairing. And I liked the Tasha/6 and Grace/Neil pairing more than most s25 KOs.

But S25 on average had the better performances. Most eliminated KOs from s23 were not pretty.. while most of the s25 KOs were at least decent and a few really strong ones. With the exception of the Mafe/Gene pairing.

As for the playoff pass contestants.. i thought the s23 contestants did much better in the battle rounds. Mannasseh, Mary and D.Smooth's battles are still some of my favourites from recent seasons. Bryan's is the only one I'd put on that level.

But the auditions from the S25 PO pass contestants are also much better..With the exception of Ryley. So ig it's a tie for me here.

Edited by Hsamid

5 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

As for the playoff pass contestants.. honestly the s23 contestants did much better in the battle rounds. Mannasseh, Mary and D.Smooth's battles are still some of my favourites from recent seasons. Bryan's is the only one I'd put on that level.

While i understand the hype for those S23 Battles, i prefer L. vs Tae, Madison vs Kyle and even Maddi vs Nádege over those.  So, disagree there.

And honestly, i always thought Ryley was overrated asf, D. Smooth's style was just not for me and Mannasseh and Mary Kate's only good performances were their battles. S25 Playoff passes >>>>>>>>>

Edited by Gustavo527

3 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

While i understand the hype for those S23 Battles, i prefer L. vs Tae, Madison vs Kyle and even Maddi vs Nádege over those.  So, disagree there.

I thought season 23 is far superior when it comes to battles, but maybe that's just me.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Fair enough. I do really like those battles. But they don't really stand out to me. Maybe in time though. Some performances are growers..

4 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

And honestly, i always thought Ryley was overrated asf, D. Smooth's style was just not for me and Mannasseh and Mary Kate's only good performances were their battles. S25 Playoff passes >>>>>>>>>

To be fair, no one here shares a distance for male teen singers on this show quite like you do.  😛

definitely agree with Manasseh and Mary Kate though. Love their battles but they never came close to that level again

Edited by Hsamid

4 hours ago, Hsamid said:

To be fair, no one here shares a distance for male teen singers on this show quite like you do.  😛

Gustavo likes Kyle, to be fair :haha:

Anyway, my preference is S25 KOs because most of the well-received S23 KOs like Grace, Holly, Tasha, and #@^&$% I wasn't really too high on. I did like my snowflake Neil Salsich, Sorelle too weirdly enough, and that's the round where I first clicked with Kala, but overall my impression was "meh, let's move on". S25 was not the greatest either but I prefer the Asher/Tae/Nathan/Anya/Karen group of performances to the 5 I liked most on S23.

• Like 1

About the Knockouts, yeah, i prefer S25. The S23 KO's were good but not great outside Cait/Kala/Holly. On the other hand, on S25 i really Asher, Tae, Anya, Kyle, Nathan and Karen. I overall enjoyed these more.

• Like 1

The Kala revisionist history has been a little confusing to me because I remember when S23 aired I don't even think Kala's KO was most people's favorite performance of the episode she aired in (and I even think most people thought Cait outperformed her or at least was on par with her) & now she has the most votes in this poll

4 minutes ago, indii said:

The Kala revisionist history has been a little confusing to me because I remember when S23 aired I don't even think Kala's KO was most people's favorite performance of the episode she aired in (and I even think most people thought Cait outperformed her or at least was on par with her) & now she has the most votes in this poll

Yeah I think they were nearly tied? I'm pretty sure it was near the top for most people though. 

But yeah odd to see so few votes for Cait. But sometimes performances grow on you, or the opposite happens.

Anya's was my favorite (I'll admit I have some bias re: the song choice) but Holly would be a close second

S25 had at least a few more standouts imo.

So given the playoff contestant poll results.. ig it's fair to say S25 KOs suffered more from the PO pass?

I probably should have made this after the Playoffs since both Manasseh and MK kinda flopped to end their run.

Here's to hoping the same doesn't happen to Nadege and L. Rodgers.