RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 9 - Premieres May 17th

*Chris

31 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Guest judges will include Keke Palmer, Anitta, Connie Britton, and Stephanie Hsu

i can't believe they are WASTING these judges on a season with no eliminations that is going to have Jorgeous and Nina West on it all season long. Keke Palmer is going to have look at Nina West and make some kind of critique that can't be mean because every contestant is on it forever. One of her greatest acting challenges yet!!!!!!!

Just now, totes4totes said:

i can't believe they are WASTING these judges on a season with no eliminations that is going to have Jorgeous and Nina West on it all season long. Keke Palmer is going to have look at Nina West and make some kind of critique that can't be mean because every contestant is on it forever. One of her greatest acting challenges yet!!!!!!!

ON THE FLIP SIDE. They all get to see ROXXXY ANDREWS. So you win some and you lose some.

• 2 weeks later...

Shannel, Roxxy, Angeria and Jorgeous were all on Sherri today. They had a really fun and good interview on there + as well as a fun drag dance off!

Great first episode but I don’t know what was going on with that top two of the week. Lord above.

01. Vanjie - The star of the episode and her verse was EVERYTHING. One of the greatest performances in the herstory of the group challenges.

02. Plastique - Her verse was fantastic. The way she moves is so beautiful and that runway was insane. The hair fan was everything.

03. Nina - I really enjoyed Nina throughout this episode. She had a strong verse and killed the choreo.

04. Jorgeous - Fine performance but she’s dead behind the eyes. She’s a dancing robot when she’s on the stage.

05. Gottmik - Very awkward throughout the challenge but she’s improved her dancing from what I saw. Hated the runway though.

06. Shannel - Her runway was fantastic but she fumbled in the challenge.

07. Angeria - Why was she anywhere near the top? She punched the air throughout her verse and didn’t stand out anywhere.
08. Roxxxy - A plain black bodysuit and a forgettable verse made her invisible throughout the challenge but that runway.. yikes.

Overall

01. Vanjie

02. Plastique

03. Shannel

04. Nina

05. Gottmik

06. Jorgeous

07. Roxxxy

08. Angeria

The second episode was decent but I hope we don’t see that challenge ever again.

01. Plastique - Head and shoulders above everyone else this week. Her garment was one of the best in Drag Race history. Absolutely phenomenal.

02. Vanjie - Solely this high for the Michelle and Van Gogh looks. 
03. Gottmik - I loved her Munch look but I wasn’t interested in any of the others. Her first look was pretty average to me considering it was off a runway.

04. Shannel - She did well this week. I’m hoping we get to see more of her as the weeks go on and she starts to step out of the shadows.

05. Roxxxy - Why did Nina say that Roxxxy does amazing in every challenge? Has she watched All Stars 2? Anyway, none of her looks were great.

06. Nina - Pretty terrible painted garment but her first runway was stunning.

07. Angeria - Didn’t like any of her runways.

08. Jorgeous - Pretty terrible week.

I watched the first episode.  It was a joy, and everyone was so happy to be there!  This episode sort of felt like 2 episodes in 1 with the perfume runway.  Could have been a whole branding challenge.  The lipsync was great with 2 different styles of performance.

1. Plastique Tiara - I do not understand how she wasn't in the Top 2.  Her verse was great, dancing was fire and oh my god that runway was incredible.  Those WINGS were everything. She said mechanical wings, I will double it up. She's a completely new drag queen, and I am so happy to see her there and confident.

2. Angeria Paris VanMichael - While her verse alone, I wouldn't put her in the Top for.  I was living for her embodiment of Whitney in that lipsync.  Not to mention the end was ridiculous in the best way.  Runway was cute!

3. Vanessa Vanjie Mateo - She was in my Top for verses, so I would have had her lipsync. Her energy is really elevating the season.

4. Jorgeous - She's a fierce dancer. I feel like she was only put in the Top due to her choreographing the piece and for the season 14 storyline.  I did love her in the lipsync though.  I did not expect Jorgeous to be in first place after night 1.

5. Gottmik - We've gone along way from her original verse in season 13.  She's improved as a performer.  Wasn't the strongest dancer of the night, but I love what she brings to this group of queens.  Her perfume ad was very Gottmik and I always appreciate that about her runways.

6. Roxxxy Andrews - I agree with Keke, I loved the "Pop Out".  She also had my favorite voice over for the runway.  She's taken notes from Jinkx and was referencial to her past.  The callbacks to Tatiana, Alyssa Edwards and the rhinestone tanktop sent me.  That said, her verse was only good.

7. Nina West - the combination of everything wasn't a hit for me.  I feel like some of that is her new campy drag aesthetic.

8. Shannel - I loved her runway and her perfume.  I didn't care for her verse, which is where I put the most weight on the ranking this week.

I had an opportunity to watch the second episode and the ball was great!  

1. Gottmik - Her looks were everything.  All 3 of them slays.  Gottmik wins a lipsync?  Who would have saw that coming.  Maybe that editted to look like she did better then Plastique, but I am glad she got it.

2. Plastique Tiara - Her first two looks were good, but that third look was the best of the night and up there with Gottmiks second look.  Happy she is on the board with a badge.  Shes doing very well this season so far.

3. Roxxxy Andrews - Werk Roxxxy.  She's coming for the non-existant Miss Congeniality this season.  I don't know what happened to Roxxxy between All-Stars 2 and now but it's like she's had a personality transplant.  She's turned into someone I actually want to root for.  Incredible!

4. Angeria Paris Vanmichael - solid in all three categories. Just no incredible moments like the other 3 had this episode.

5. Shannel - the last look was a little crafty looking.  I think she mostly did well.

6. Vaness Vanjie Mateo - I thought this was a pretty weak week for her too.  The only one I liked was her Michelle green look. I did find it quite funny.

7. Jorgeous - this whole episode was pretty meh.

8. Nina West - it goes without saying.  Last look was the worst of the night and she pretty much finished last in all 3 categories.

Good vibes about this season actually! I was a little nervous, but I feel like the cast really bounce off each other well and it'll be fun to watch.

Overall rankings after episode 2:

1. Angeria - I feel like the one thing which has held Angie back previously has been her lip-syncing. So to see her emboding Whitney in that first lip-sync.. I was so pleased!

2. Roxxxy - Already reminding me why I've enjoyed Roxxxy so much previously. I think she's going to shine here.

3. Plastique - Great showing for her both episodes, she's definitely evolved. One of the best ball packages in a long time IMO

4. Jorgeous - I'm rooting for her! I feel like she's an underdog in this cast, she's still so young and I don't think she's hit her peak yet. But she was great in that first challenge.

5. Vanjie - Definitely my favorite in the first challenge. Ball wasn't quite polished enough but she's still just so entertaining.

6. Gottmik - Absolutely killed it in the ball, but also the reading challenge, I'm enjoying her so far.

7. Shannel - Excited for more of her!
8. Nina - She'll come alive in the comedy/improv challenges but omg she felt so out of place in that ball.

I thought it was a pretty strong and solid premiere. I only watched the first episode so far. All of the Queens did really welll with the main performance and their original looks/perfume runways.

Yayyy Angeria being one of the two winners! :wub: She SLAYED this episode andI was hoping she would win it. I was a little surprised with Jorgeous winning - well not because of her performance, she slayed and crushed that. Her runway was good but not as major of a standout compared to some other queens. But I have no issue about that. And I do think it's cute how the Season 14 sisters won it together. ❤️ I actually have no idea who I would have wanted and put in the Top 2. I probably would have had Plastique up there instead of Jorgeous as I loved everything Plastique brought to the episode. Wouldn't have minded Vanjie up there as I loved her performance as well. 

I was a little nervous about Angeria having to do a lip sync against Jorgeous, since she is such a dynamic little firecracker of a performer. Though I know Angeria can hold her own. But this was a fun and entertaining lip sync. I feel it could be a toss up depending on the performing style you prefer. Yayyy Angeria winning this! :wub: Can't complain about that.

Ooh wow, Angeria giving Roxxxy the cut off/snip scissors for the (upcoming) week. 😮 I know she said was wanting to make a big move to prevent a threat from winning next time, which I do get here. I am not mad about the decision but just hope this doesn't come back to hurt Angeria next episode.

Hoping to watch the second episode sometime tomorrow. 

Just finished watching the Ball episode. Some thoughts:

- Gottmik and Roxxxy seem like the frontrunners for this Ball challenge, so I wonder if they can bring it with their hype.
- Ooh I forgot that Plastique won her design challenge and nearly won the ball on her season, so I am also really looking forward to her here.
- LOL at Jorgeous' design challenge "win" being brought up. :dead: If she wins this challenge over more experienced Queens streamess, I will lose it. :dead:
- Oooh dearrrr @ Nina West's last outfit. That was..... a look. 🙈
- Yayy for Plastique & Gottmik being the Top 2 this week! This is a great and fitting Top 2 as both of them slayed all 3 of their looks. I'm especially happy for Plastique to have this moment for herself! ❤️
- A little surprised Roxxxy wasn't in the Top 2 but I'm okay about it as I found the other two more impressive. But she would be a close 3rd.
 - The "Jump in the Line" lip sync was fun. I felt that Gottmik had a more complete performance and was fun throughout. I felt like Plastique had bigger and memorable moments when she did some showy moments but the performance as a whole was a little lacking? I was left wanting more from her at the start and some other parts.
- Ughh dangg, I had a feeling Gottmik would give the snip/scissors to Angeria. :( Gameplay-wise, it was an understandable decision. Angeria has shown she's a big threat and could be that next week.
- Oooh "Snatch Game of Love" next week. This should be fun!