2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Steven & Sola’s Noms Posted)

Alex95

Anya Hynninen

AUSTRALIAN IDOL: ANYA HYNNINEN ON HER IDOL JOURNEY AND WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS

I admire the commitment of Australian singing shows to just pick up a book and call everyone to be a judge, and see who shows up. You had this girl singing for... Meghan Trainor and Harry Connick Jr.? Mmkay. Anyway, Anya made it to top 6 on her season. She had a good voice, but her tone isn't really for me. I just listened to her audition and idk, I feel like I've heard a lot of voices like that. It didn't stand out majorly to me. There was a big cull before the final 3 that season and she was one of the three who ended up just getting cut before the end.

Save Azan

Aww I think it's kinda cute how Angelina and Anya went out back-to-back. :haha:  I have similar thoughts on them both and can't remember which one I prefer. Both were talented enough singers, and I liked them both well enough. But neither were major favorites for me. Both had a fair mix of strong and weak performances and felt they both had consistency issues. 

Angelina started off really strong with a gorgeous performance of "The Only Exception" which got her the touchdown. Then sadly she faltered after that when she started taking some risks that didn't work for her. While Anya's run was moreso all over the place where she would have a strong performance than a weak performance than a strong performance after that. I think her standout performance as "The Best."   

I THINK after thinking about it some more I probably preferred Anya more?

Sorelle (The Voice 23)

what? The Voice does groups? I'm so confused lol. Singing trios are one of my favorite things tbh. They sound great! Them being sisters lends itself to their voices and styles being similar, but it's never a guarantee so it's nice to hear. They have 3.2 million TikTok followers? What are they doing here lol not that this show isn't great exposure beyond plain old TikTok but like this show seems like a mismatch for what they're presenting. Oh and they chose Chance! Hahahaha get wrecked Blake. I will say that while their harmonies were great they didn't have any of that wailing in their audition that I'm a sucker for but maybe they do that later in the season. Oh wow, they make it all the way to the finale! Good for them. Chance's last contestant(s). Ending up in 4th place, beating out only Noivas in the final episode. Is Noivas one person or maybe a whole choir? Anything goes apparently! Who knows! I might have cut them or they might still be in the game

Save Santina Carlson (Big Brother Canada 11

Lmao I can't at Kala (who didn't even make the semi-finals) winning for The Voice S23. :dead: Though she was super robbed on the show so congrats to her there.  And congrats to Akshar on that happening. :haha: Anywho, Sorelle were really fun and cute though. I did enjoy them. Not a major favorite of mine but I did enjoy their harmonies and their whole shtick as a vocal group. They had a really fun pop/doo wop sound to them. Chance had a lot of fun coming up and creating arrangements of their songs with them, which did help them stand out and were fun to watch. :yes: 

NOVAIS was a male solo act (who I think was cut by Chris). He was formerly Savion Wright on American Idol 14 (a semi-finalist in the Top 24), if you happen to remember him. :haha: 

• Alex95 changed the title to 2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Sola’s Noms Next)
1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

Lmao I can't at Kala (who didn't even make the semi-finals) winning for The Voice S23. :dead: Though she was super robbed on the show so congrats to her there.  And congrats to Akshar on that happening. :haha: Anywho, Sorelle were really fun and cute though. I did enjoy them. Not a major favorite of mine but I did enjoy their harmonies and their whole shtick as a vocal group. They had a really fun pop/doo wop sound to them. Chance had a lot of fun coming up and creating arrangements of their songs with them, which did help them stand out and were fun to watch. :yes: 

NOVAIS was a male solo act (who I think was cut by Chris). He was formerly Savion Wright on American Idol 14 (a semi-finalist in the Top 24), if you happen to remember him. :haha: 

I’m super happy that I was able to get Kala the win here because she was super robbed on the show!!

• Like 1

let's go girl — BROOKE LYNN HYTES • canada's drag race 4.01

Nominations:

Angela Rippon & Kai Widdrington

Beverley Mitchell

Carsten ‘Bergie’ Bergersen

Christie Whelan Browne & Craig Monley

Imani Wheeler

Jerrica Monay Brooks ("Monay")

Jimbo

Lala Ri

Michael Marouli

Michaela Bradshaw

Phoebe Stewart

Player 429 “Elliott”

Salina EsTitties

Suzanne Jackson & Michael Danilczuk

Tinashe

Ty & Kat

BEVERLEY MITCHELL

SPECIAL FORCES - SEASON 1 || 9TH PLACE

beverly-mitchell-special-forces.jpg

Beverley Mitchell is an actress best known for her role in 7th Heaven. She also attempted to break into the country music scene, although it never quite took off. After being fairly under the radar in recent years, appearing mostly in what appears to be Hallmark movies or TV series, she ended up on the first season of Special Forces: World's Toughest Test, which premiered in January 2023. Her time on the show was brief, lasting only four episodes before she had to voluntarily leave due to her body giving out during a challenge in the over 100-degree heat of the desert in Jordan. Despite her short stint, there's an article titled "Why Beverley Mitchell’s Special Forces Journey Was So Inspiring", highlighting how she defied the odds, especially considering she was the smallest competitor and showed a strong will to stay in the competition. That said, Beverley isn't a top favourite in this rankdown, so her placement in the rankdown is impressive but it's now time for her to be eliminated from this. 

SAVING: TY & KAT

Player 429 “Elliott”

Squid Game: The Challenge spoilers: Winners, losers and fan-favorites -  GoldDerby

I must have done a write-up for this show already but I can't remember anymore. This is a British competition show on Netflix and apparently they ordered a Season 2 so be on the lookout for that eventually. 10 episodes total with 456 contestants, holy wow. 259 eliminated after the first challenge, which was just like the TV show except I assume they didn't execute the people who lost the challenge, fingers crossed. Anyway, Elliott's name doesn't appear in the Wikipedia at all so I've got to dig a little deeper to figure out how well he did. Elliott made it to the penultimate challenge and placed 7th. He has a 2 hour youtube interview that I found that I unfortunately will not be watching but if you want specifics I'm sure you'd be able to uncover them in that session there.

Save Jimbo

Salina EsTitties (RuPaul's Drag Race Season 15)

Salina-EsTitties-billboard-1548.jpg?w=94

Salina EsTitties is a 31-year old drag performer from Los Angeles, California, who competed on the 15th season of RuPaul's Drag Race. I also think Salina is probably my least favorite remaining from RPDR15 so I guess I might as well take this chance to cut her to help everyone else get a higher ranking from that season. Salina had a reallly long run on the show (maybe a little too long, imo), where she lasted 12 weeks and made it all the way to 6th place. Salina did alright in the competition but wasn't really much of a standout. Salina didn't win any of the main challenges and found herself in the Bottom 2 multiple times. The first time Salina landed in the Bottom 2 was Episode 5's House of Fashion, which was a design and create outfits challenge of using materials inspired by three of the show's judges - this all included the House of Visage, Kressley and Matthews. Oh dear, design challenges were Salina's worst nightmares as she was not a seamstress. So yeah, Salina struggled and performed in a lip sync battle against Amethyst to "Q.U.E.E.N." by Janelle Monáe featuring Erykah Badu. I'm sure Salina crushed this as the song suited her more and she earned her way into the next round.   

Salina did have a standout moment in Episode 8's Lip Sync LaLaPaRuza Smackdown, where she won the lip sync battle against Luxx Noir London to Celine Dion's "It's All Coming Back to Me Now." Sadly that high moment ended the next two weeks as Salina found herself in the Bottom 2. Once on Episode 9's "The Crystal Ball" (which was YET another design challenge so we knew Salina would be in danger here. She won in her lip sync battle to Spice to "Thats What I Want" by Lil Nas X. Salina made her 3rd Bottom 2 appearance on Episode 10's "50/50's Most Gagworthy Stars," which was a challenge of the queens interviewing celebrities. Salina interviewed Love Connie, in which she really struggled with. I will say my favorite Salina moment came with this lip sync performance. Salina battled against Malaysia Babydoll Foxx and absolutely SLAYED the Beyoncé "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" lip sync. Salina was living her life and nailed all of the choreography. :bobo: I was pretty much over Salina at this point but I couldn't deny she should advance after that. Salina had a week of safety on Episode 11, but that was short lived as Salina landed in the Bottom 2 at the "Wigloose: The Rusical!" challenge. Salina played Tuck. Ooh this was the week where the queens had to answer which queen they would eliminated. Salina had two votes from Loosey LaDuca and Anetra. Objectively, Salina would have been my answer too. This week, Salina found herself in the Bottom 2 lip sync against Loosey LaDuca to Kate Bush's "Running Up That Hill." Loosey won which meant Salina ended up losing this lip sync and was eliminated at 6th place.  

One of the standout facts of Salina from this season is that she won the Golden Boot (GB) for having the worst look of the season. :dead: LOL that's nothing good at all but I am sure/think she took it with grace and class so that's good. :haha:  I can't remember which look won Salina this honor so Drag Race stans please refresh me on that look. :haha: But yeah Salina's runways weren't anything really impressive and most of her looks didn't stand out amongst her competitors. I do think Salina lucked up lasting so long in the competition for being such a strong lip sync performer - having 3 lip syncs to survive the elimination and another lip sync from the Lip sync smackdown show. Well done to Salina on making it this far. 

Saving: Suzanne Jackson & Michael Danilczuk

suzannejacksonmichael-danilczuk1-e167136

11 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Salina is probably my least favorite queen from Season 15.

Oh wow, really? I don't think I knew that. :haha: I just looked up my rankings and saw I had her 7th. Not sure why she was that high as I thought I had her lower. :haha: 

• Alex95 changed the title to 2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Sola’s Noms Posted)

Angela Rippon & Kai Widdrington

Carsten ‘Bergie’ Bergersen

Christie Whelan Browne & Craig Monley

Imani Wheeler

Jerrica Monay Brooks ("Monay")

Lala Ri

Michael Marouli

Michaela Bradshaw

Phoebe Stewart

Tinashe

18 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Oh wow, really? I don't think I knew that. :haha: I just looked up my rankings and saw I had her 7th. Not sure why she was that high as I thought I had her lower. :haha: 

I found Salina extremely off-putting.  :haha:

• Haha 1