Who would win season 22 if America votes without any bias

Who would win American Idol season 22 if America votes without bias towards any specific type of singer and with discernment for actual talent? In other words, no minivan, no music genre bias. I would say Abi Carter.

Edited by TedZanarukando

15 minutes ago, TedZanarukando said:

Who would win American Idol season 22 if America votes without bias towards any specific type of singer and with discernment for actual talent? In other words, no minivan, no music genre bias. I would say Abi Carter.

IDF will always favor the females, lol.  There is no such thing as the "best singer".  It's all subjective - based on personal preferences, etc.  The real winner is actually determined in marketplace - by those who spend money on music, concerts.  Sometimes, it is the Idol winner.  Sometimes, it isn't.

• Confused 1

this is a hard question to answer imo because there are biases that vary between people on what "actual talent" is. for some that might be an artist who can deeply connect with a song and has a unique tone. for others that might be a strong vocalist with wide vocal range and versatility. 

overall I guess I'd say Abi since she is a versatile artist with a unique tone and a wide vocal range. 

• Like 2

We have seen this season and in past seasons some contestants who can write original songs, but based on singing ability they wouldn't win a singing competition. I would still consider these contestants talented just in songwriting. As other's have said, it is subjective. 

Edited by ptebwwong

39 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Is it required to sing on pitch to have “actual talent?”

I would at least have that be #1 priority, I don't want the winner to be messy for a noticeable amount of the time, especially if it hurts my ears.

• Like 2