Valerie T Webb Fan Thread

StarWalker1

WIP! Stay tuned for updates ;)

Socials:

Instagram: Val T Webb (@valtwebb) • Instagram photos and videos

TikTok: Val T Webb🎶 (@valerietwebb) | TikTok

Facebook: Facebook

Online Store: Indie Artist T-shirts | Bonfire

Music Business Course: Indie is my MAJOR (thinkific.com)

Website Bio:

Valerie is the owner/founder of B Natural Music Group who independently published her 2011 single "Your Grace," her 2014 single "Break Free and her Billboard Charting 2016 EP Album “Dream.” ("Dream"debuted on the Gospel Albums Billboard Chart at number 18 on 12/13/2016.) Valerie is also the owner/founder of Valerie T. Webb Consulting. Valerie's musical/entrepreneur journey began with teaching piano/music theory/vocal performance in her senior year of high school. She continued her studies as an undergraduate student at The University of Alabama at Birmingham with a MAJOR in Music. She has recorded with the UAB Gospel Choir on the Sophomore Album, “Lessons for Life,” where she led the hit gospel remake of Deborah Cox’s, “How Did You Get Here” entitled, “ I’m Glad You Got Here." Valerie is also featured on UAB Gospel Choir’s 2013 Nu Soul City Album singing lead vocal on the song, “Thank You.” Valerie's theater experience began with her first major role in a musical stage play called "Sophisticated Ladies" in 2008. Since then she has appeared in Marc Raby's "Holiday Inn" (2022), "The Best Man" Musical Stage Play (2019), and Jamyla Philyaw's "His Side, Her Side and the Truth Part 2"(2019). Valerie has over 25 years of leading, directing, training, and developing as a Worship Arts Director/Minister of Music/Worship Pastor for prominent churches in the city of Birmingham, AL including Mount Canaan Full Gospel Church, The Rock City Church, Church of the Highlands and more. Valerie has a wealth of experiences as a lead/indie artist and background vocalist that spans the musical spectrum, including Gospel, Pop, Rock Country, R&B, Hip-Hop, Soul and everything in between, from the likes of Superstars/Gospel legends such as Yolanda Adams, Kirk Franklin, Tamala Mann, Jekalyn Carr, Ricky Dillard, Byron Cage, J.J. Hairston, and Country artists Randy Owen, LeAnn Rimes, and ALABAMA; R&B's Tony, Toni, Tone and India Arie; American Idol winners Taylor Hicks, Bo Bice and Ruben Studdard; Hip-Hop's Nelly and more. Valerie's highlight moments are with the Audiostate Entertainment team led by the World Renowned Director and Composer, Dr. Henry Panion. They include leading "We Shall Overcome" at World Games 2022 Opening Ceremonies (with a viewership of over 250 million people in 100 plus countries.) being a featured vocalist for the State of Alabama’s Bicentennial, being a featured vocalist on the Emmy Award Winning, PBS concert-documentary "Dreams of Hope: Birmingham’s Historic 16th Street Baptist Church Welcomes Violins of Hope which has been broadcast repeatedly over 750 times on PBS stations across America; received 13 Telly Awards; and has won in prestigious film festivals domestically and abroad in cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Jerusalem, and Sydney. Valerie is currently an independent contractor/artist, a worship director, professional background singer, and course content creator residing in the great state of Texas.

Covers/Performances:

The Voice Performances:

Song Suggestions:

Deliver Me (This is My Exodus) - Le'Andria Johnson

Misty - Ella Fitzgerald

River - Leon Bridges

You Put a Move On My Heart - Tamia

Cry To Me - Solomon Burke

Lose Control - Teddy Swims

Try a Little Tenderness - Otis Redding

Love - Keyshia Cole

No More Drama - Mary J. Blige

Spirit In The Dark - Aretha Franklin

Un-Break My Heart - Toni Braxton

Fan Thread:

1. StarWalker1

2. jamescasaki

3. Persy

4. erik g

5. istersay

6. You?

Edited by StarWalker1

Add me please! Best vocalist this season ever! She's my Wendy Moten and I can't wait to see her make the finale! I have a lot of great song choices for her.

2 hours ago, Persy said:

Add me please! Best vocalist this season ever! She's my Wendy Moten and I can't wait to see her make the finale! I have a lot of great song choices for her.

2 hours ago, erik g said:

Add me

Done for both!

21 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

She sung the national anthem very well imo.

Shes a vocal beast! Truly someone to look out for this season for sure

• Like 1

I would honestly love to hear Val sing Something Has To Break, Power, Never Gave Up, At The Cross, Your Spirit, or Put A Praise On It by Tasha Cobbs. She would slay the heck out of those songs. Also A Change Is Gonna Come would be amazing for her too. 

Posted (edited)

Great battle overall! Obviously Val kills this despite the boring song choice but Rletto put up the good fight. Certainly a CHOICE for chance to make in not picking her, but she may fare better in the KOs now on johns team so eh ... CONGRATS VALERIE!!!

Edited by StarWalker1
  • Like 1

Val devoured that battle! That was the best battle this season so far. Big song choice but it's perfect for Val but wrong song for RLETTO though. She destroyed him and won by a really large margin for me. I just know she'll be in the finale. At least John is smart enough to keep her around since he really loves her. He did keep Kim Cruse, Jershika, Shadale, and Tamara around. Now I need Val to sing Ain't No Way.

I dont think it was her best performance, but she still deserved to go through. Cut way too early.

Also, after relistening a few more times, she actually did really well the 2nd half of the song starting at 1:07 imo. Some cool melodic choices and then she just goes off near the end.

• Like 1

She was gone too soon. She actually made a whole new version of Sweet Love, she got powerful vocals. Not my favorite performance from her, but she 100% deserves to be stolen.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2024 at 9:57 AM, Hsamid said:

I dont think it was her best performance, but she still deserved to go through. Cut way too early.

Also, after relistening a few more times, she actually did really well the 2nd half of the song starting at 1:07 imo. Some cool melodic choices and then she just goes off near the end.

On 4/12/2024 at 10:39 AM, allistr said:

She was gone too soon. She actually made a whole new version of Sweet Love, she got powerful vocals. Not my favorite performance from her, but she 100% deserves to be stolen.

Truly one of the more exciting and consistent singers we've had this season ... it does suck to loose her and wish she had gotten stolen but least she left on a high note

• Like 2