New Hollywood Week Format - The "Idol Arena"

m1key

https://www.dgepress.com/abc/pressrelease/american-idol-706-hollywood-week-idol-arena-3-31/

"It’s Hollywood Week, and the pressure is on for Idol finalists, with only one chance to perform for judges Luke Bryan, Katy Perry and Lionel Richie in the first-ever Idol Arena. Who will survive the biggest cut in Idol history? Ryan Seacrest hosts."

Looks like Duets won't be happening this year. Thoughts? 

16 minutes ago, m1key said:

https://www.dgepress.com/abc/pressrelease/american-idol-706-hollywood-week-idol-arena-3-31/

"It’s Hollywood Week, and the pressure is on for Idol finalists, with only one chance to perform for judges Luke Bryan, Katy Perry and Lionel Richie in the first-ever Idol Arena. Who will survive the biggest cut in Idol history? Ryan Seacrest hosts."

Looks like Duets won't be happening this year. Thoughts? 

From what I’ve seen 90% of the duets are underrehearsed messes so I don’t think we’re missing much from their absence. That is, unless you’re a fan of the drama that arises from some pairs.

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

From what I’ve seen 90% of the duets are underrehearsed messes so I don’t think we’re missing much from their absence. That is, unless you’re a fan of the drama that arises from some pairs.

This will probably help some of the contestants avoid being seen as jerks.  I remember what happened to Scarlet from Season 20 and Nutsa from last season, although Nutsa’s problems extended beyond being seen as a bitch due to Duet drama.

Hollywood week starts usually with Lines of 10 and they sing a song and they make cuts from there.  Then, a solo performance (it has also been known as the genre challenge) and then duets or groups.

Finally, the Idol band shows up the last day for a "Showstopper Performance"

On 3/13/2024 at 7:22 PM, FloorWax said:

Honestly that was my least favorite part of the whole show.