American Idol Episode 1 Lineup

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Nice! Links are helpful. Thanks. 

So the ever air taped episodes out of order, or do they stick with the performance order on the tapings? I suspect the auditions are out of order, but what about the other taped rounds? 

i'm assuming out of order. Except for showcase and top 24?

Just now, QueenKalie said:

Why do you say that? It's got some of their most pimped singers on it. Odds are the winner is on this episode.

Yep. Iam, Noah, Just Sam, and Maddie were all from their season’s first audition episode. I think McKenna is the stealth TCO and I doubt they’d be too mad with Blake winning it all, either. 

15 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

For some reason, I think Triston will be a vote magnet. 

Listen to him talk. Country viewers will eat that up, especially those who live in the South. He probably get pimped too 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CvxpMCIgN_6/?igsh=MXc4anBjNTFxdzh0aw==

I’m getting 5th Placer vibes from him. Someone like Zachariah who arguably makes it further than he should because of his personality. I don’t think he’ll win but I do think we’ll get a country winner. That’s why my very early prediction is McKenna takes the title. She’s like a cross between Megan and Laci Kaye. If she does the right blend of country and worship music, she can win it. 

Edited by Carrie_On

Just now, Carrie_On said:

I’m giving 5th Placer vibes from him. Someone like Zachariah who arguably makes it further than he should because of his personality. I don’t think he’ll win but I do think we’ll get a country winner. That’s why my very early prediction is McKenna takes the title. She’s like a cross between Megan and Laci Kaye. If she does the right blend of country and worship music, she can win it. 

I like McKenna’s voice too, but I noticed she probably doesn’t have a lot of range. Laci had that same problem. Song choice will be crucial. 

50 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Yep. Iam, Noah, Just Sam, and Maddie were all from their season’s first audition episode. I think McKenna is the stealth TCO and I doubt they’d be too mad with Blake winning it all, either. 

But hopefully Abi will be in the second audition episode, which presumably is where Laine and Chayce's auditions were shown.

59 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I like McKenna’s voice too, but I noticed she probably doesn’t have a lot of range. Laci had that same problem. Song choice will be crucial. 

As a big Laci fan I feel like McKenna *probably* has a bigger range and more control then Laci had. She certainly has more pimping and a better story than Laci had. But still I do agree that there are songs that she should steer clear of. She's a little bit older than your typical idol contestant so she probably knows her limitations better than a lot of them do.

1 hour ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

this premiere feels very underwhelming imo. 

Lol 1/3 of the Top 24 is in it 💀

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

I feel like vocal range is one of the last things that Minivan cares about though - specifically with men, but also even women. People like Maddie, Laci, HunterGirl, and Megan didn't have the largest ranges but were successful because of their tones and artistry (which I can tell is the angle that producers will give McKenna).

2 minutes ago, m1key said:

Lol 1/3 of the Top 24 is in it 💀

I feel like vocal range is one of the last things that Minivan cares about though - specifically with men, but also even women. People like Maddie, Laci, HunterGirl, and Megan didn't have the largest ranges but were successful because of their tones and artistry (which I can tell is the angle that producers will give McKenna).

ok it's not underwhelming but there's no one I want to see in the premier

Tonight's songs based on previews posted

Ajii - Lose Control by Teddy Swims

Alto Moon  - TBA

Angela Hudson - (Katy Perry's Sister)  - TBA

Blake Proehl - In Case You Didn't Know by Brent Young

Jack Blocker - TBA

Kennedy Reid - TBA

Mackenzie Sol - TBA

Meggie Iyer - I Can't Make You Love Me by Bonnie Raitt

Micaela McCall - TBA - Leak but don't recognize song

McKenna Breinholt - There Was Jesus by Dolly Parton and Zach Williams