Disney Songs Rankdown (Winner Posted)

Steven_

Let's Go Fly a Kite

So, it wasn't an easy decision, I could have easily cut either of the other 2 that I nominated.  Every one of these 6 songs are fantastic, but the reason I chose to go this route is because Mary Poppins has the most songs in the game still.  This song is sung by Mr. Banks (David Tomlinson) and is later accompanied by his children and then Bert (Dick van Dyke).  This is the ending song to the film and its so much fun.  George decides that kids grow up to fast and he needs to take this time and spend it with time, and spend less time working.  Good moral for today's age, with work-life balance being so important. It almost made Top 40, so incredible job.

Save: None, because I was told I couldn't.

Edited by Solaris

Into the Unknown

Frozen-2-Elsa-Fifth-Spirit-and-Into-the-Unknown.jpg

Well I was gonna nominate this if @*Chris didn't nominate it first, so I'll just pretend this was my nomination to feel better lol. This was supposed to be the "Let It Go" of Frozen 2. And it kinda of it! But Let It Go is still better lol. I'm surprised Chris nominated it, but maybe it was so Show Yourself would win Frozen II. And since I took away For the First Time in Forever being the highest reprise I'll give him this victory lol. And hopefully with that, he'll stop protecting Show Yourself 👀.

Anyways, this song just misses something special Let It Go has. The buildup is there, but when we get to the big note section of the song it's just not hitting the way I'd like it to. It's like a solid B-song, but we're at the point where everything needs to be A or A+. I still think it was cool when Grace sang this on Idol instead of the predictable Let It Go choice! It's a good song, but easily my choice to go of the five remainders.

Save ALL MY NOMS I GUESS

• Haha 1

Aww I do wish "Into the Unknown" could have been the last standing song from Frozen II, but sometimes things don't happen the way you want. :( Still a very good spot for this song. :yes: Loved Grace's version of this song. :wub: 

I do like “Into the Unknown,” but I always thought the rushed phrasing of “Into the” when she’s singing the title lyric was a bit awkward.

Still, Let It Go > Into the Unknown > Show Yourself imo. :ph34rwave:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, *Chris said:

I personally prefer « Show Yourself » to « Into the Unknown » , and I’ll die on that hill. 

same here.   Show Yourself >= Let it Go > Into the Unknown as far as power ballads go.

Edited by Solaris
  • Like 1

"WAITING ON A MIRACLE"

(ENCANTO)

82e72834d5ffd11f4b78aab7f493838ec7cd292d.gif

Since I've already secured a win for one song from its respective film, let's give the win to another song - "Why Don't We Talk About Bruno" from Encanto. Considering "Waiting for a Miracle" has been nominated for several rounds now, cutting it seems more than fair, especially at this point of the rankdown. Among the songs from Encanto, I definitely prefer others over this, such as "Surface Pressure" and "What Else Can I Do?" - both of these songs are underrated, especially in this rankdown.  This song - "Waiting On A Miracle" - is performed by Maribel where she sings about her family's special gifts and her desire to fit in with them despite not having a gift like them - this song is perfect for Wally to get an understanding of the movie without watching it :giggle: The song starts off a bit more on laid back side and while it does pick as the song progresses, it still lacked that powerful moment. Anyway,  given that it's one of the weaker songs for me, I'm fine with letting it go at this point to ensure "Why Don't We Talk About Bruno" can secure a win among the Encanto songs, which is a win in itself considering that we almost lost it during the first cycle of the rankdown.

SAVING: JUST AROUND THE RIVERBEND, LOVE IS AN OPEN DOOR, NOBODY LIKE U

Edited by *Chris