Disney Songs Rankdown (Winner Posted)

Steven_

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

:dead: 

I did vote Derek's group. Unless maybe I voted after there was a 3-vote majority? And I did my vote after Steven posted the results? IDK what happened. :dead: 

44f61d.png

• Haha 2

I thought about posting this in the off-topic thread, but I’ll post it here first since most people who play my rankdowns are here already.

Any interest in a Star Wars characters rankdown? To begin May 4th? I’m still on the fence, but I want to see if the interest is there.

3 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

I thought about posting this in the off-topic thread, but I’ll post it here first since most people who play my rankdowns are here already.

Any interest in a Star Wars characters rankdown? To begin May 4th? I’m still on the fence, but I want to see if the interest is there.

Yes. Gives me an excuse to rewatch the movies, I've been meaning to.

• Like 1

Me: There's a million Star Wars shows and I haven't seen like 90% of them

Also me: I need to scream about my love for Andor and all the Andor characters ever second of the day

4 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Star Wars characters from Disney canon universe? Or some EU? Wildcards? actually wait I'll let you respond before I tell you whether or not I'd even want them lmao

I was thinking including the main characters from the films, and then the rankers add wildcards.

5 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

A Google search just told me there’s 21,647 Star Wars characters. 🤯

OMG WHOA, seriously? :shock: Danggg, I had absolutely no idea about that. :dead: 🤣

2 hours ago, Steven_ said:

Some of those are from imperial assault, which I did play. There's definitely not that many in the movies alone.

Edited by Solaris

2 hours ago, Steven_ said:

Many video games, a whole extended universe that’s not canon anymore, multiple prequel, comics, interquels. Etc etc.

MEGAN’S NOMS

Step In Time (Mary Poppins)

Just Around the Riverbend (Pocahontas)

I See The Light (Tangled)

vs.

CHRIS’S NOMS

Whistle While You Work (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)

Painting the Roses Red (Alice in Wonderland)

Dig A Little Deeper (The Princess and the Frog)

@Alex95 @FrogLenzen @erik g @Solaris and @*Wallace can now send me their votes for one of these nomination trios. Remember, you’re voting to SAVE.

By a vote of 3-2, Megan’s nominations have been saved.

@totes4totes must now choose to save “Whistle While You Work,” “Painting the Roses Red,” or “Dig a Little Deeper.” The two songs left behind will be eliminated from the game.

After Megan posts her decision, Derek and Erik can send me their nominations. As for write-ups, please get them posted ASAP. But we don't have to wait for write-ups to be posted before continuing on to the next battle.

DEREK’S NOMS

Jack's Lament (The Nightmare Before Christmas)

God Help The Outcasts (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)

Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride (Lilo & Stitch)

vs.

ERIK'S NOMS

I'll Make A Man Out Of You (Mulan)

We Don't Talk About Bruno (Encanto)

Nobody Like U (Turning Red)

@Alex95 @*Chris @totes4totes @Solaris and @*Wallace can now send me their votes for one of these nomination trios. Remember you’re voting to SAVE.

4/5 votes have come in so far, but we've already reached a majority.

Erik's nominations have received three votes. @erik g must now choose to save "Jack's Lament," "God Help the Outcasts," or "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride." The two songs left behind will be eliminated from the game.

After Erik posts his decision, Chris and Alex can send me their nominations. As for write-ups, please get them posted ASAP. But we don't have to wait for write-ups to be posted before continuing on to the next battle.

CHRIS’S NOMS

Just Around the Riverbend (Pocahontas)

Love is an Open Door (Frozen)

You’re Welcome (Moana)

vs.

ALEX’S NOMS

Whistle While You Work (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)

For The First Time In Forever (Frozen)

Show Yourself (Frozen II)

@FrogLenzen @erik g @totes4totes @Solaris and @*Wallace can now send me their votes for one of these nomination trios. Remember you’re voting to SAVE.

By a vote of 3-2, Chris's nominations have been saved.

@*Chris must now choose to save “Whistle While You Work,” “For The First Time In Forever,” or “Show Yourself.” The two songs left behind will be eliminated from the game.

After Chris posts his decision, Megan and Wallace can send me their nominations. As for write-ups, please get them posted ASAP. But we don't have to wait for write-ups to be posted before continuing on to the next battle.

The Gospel Truth I / Main Title

The Muses are iconic but this overstayed its welcome imo. We still have Zero to Hero! The Muses are still here to stay! There was no need for this to hang around as long as it did. And for an intro song it's not as fun/long/melodic/informative as say something like Where You Are or Family Madrigal. Glad to have this out before Top 50 at least. 4 songs for Hercules while Lion King Little Mermaid Beauty Beast Aladdin Frozen have fewer? Come on now. Not to spoil another write-up that I have due lol. Instead of complaining about the song I could just write about it. "And then along came Zeus" is the best part of this one.

You've Got a Friend in Me

Randy Newman. No thank you. Of all the Disney songs on the list this was probably my top intersection of "objectively iconic" and "Derek doesn't like it at all." It's just simple and corny. Which kind of works on some level and probably makes it really good for this kind of movie but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy it and that I have to tolerate it into the Top 50. Whenever I hear Randy Newman I think of that Family Guy sequence where he's musically narrating Lois eating an apple during the apocalypse lol. 

Anyway this is kind of how I think of Randy Newman music. This song arguably could have been higher/lower so I think eliminating in the 50s is a good compromise, bye now

God Help the Outcasts

Congrats to Hunchback and Mary Poppins to be the only 2 movies to have 4 songs in the Top 50. Mary Poppins deserved. Hunchback absolutely not lol. Don't get me wrong, I think 3 is a great number for Hunchback at this point! So which song should I target??? Obviously the song left on the list that is a DISTANT 4th place out of 4. I love Esmeralda as much as the next guy but this is boring. Shout-out to Heidi Mollenhauer for providing the voice! Best parts of the song are the oboe parts, I say as a former oboe major in college. Honestly I don't actually hate this song that much but things have been rough since Top 100 and I'm salty that this outlasted a lot of other songs.