Disney Songs Rankdown (Winner Posted)

Steven_

The Family Madrigal

Encanto is a fantastic movie with a lot of great songs.  The problem is, every song left in the rankdown is great and I like The Family Madrigal less then Surface Pressure (which is gone :( ), and We Don't Talk About Bruno.  So I used this opportunity to take it out. The Family Madrigal is the first song in the movie and its sung by Mirabel as she introduces the members of her family.  The twist is each of her immediate family members have gifts.  The ensemble cast asks about Mirabels gifts at the end, and she keeps ducking the questions as she seemingly has none.  Watch the movie to find out why! (Wally) It's a great opening number, just not my Top favorite from the movie.

Wally saved: Friends Like Me

Edited by Solaris
  • Sad 1

Gaston

I am sure people wanted me to target Belle during this round since I nominated it previously.  I used Belle as an easy save, rather then want it out.  Gaston is a fantastic song in both the animated and the live action version of the movie.  The song is performed by LeFou and joined by Gaston. It describes the chiseled work of art that Gaston is.  The songs focuses on physical appearance.  It doesn't delve into the his conceded personality, though its very apparent in any part of the song that Gaston sings.  Its a fun song and worthy of a spot in the Top 100.  So great job!

Wally saved: Friend Like Me

4 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Did you have a strategy for our battle? I'm curious. :haha: 

I figured you would nominate 3 songs people wouldn't want to get rid of, so I put 2 of my lower loved songs + one I knew you'd save.

For the second battle I nominated 3 songs from the same movie (sort of like you did nominating 2), in hopes people wouldn't want to cut 2 songs from Alice in Wonderland.  I forgot that Erik also wanted to go after even more loved songs though. When he nominated the three he did, I knew I was doing more write ups.  :haha:

Edited by Solaris

2 minutes ago, Solaris said:

I figured you would nominate 3 songs people wouldn't want to get rid of, so I put 2 of my lower loved songs + one I knew you'd save.

For the second battle I nominated 3 songs from the same movie (sort of like you did nominating 2), in hopes people wouldn't want to cut 2 songs from Alice in Wonderland.  I forgot that Erik also wanted to go after even more loved songs though.

Ahh okay, I see and understand that. :haha: I just kept from nominating "The Family Madrigal" as I figured you would have nominated that one.  Then didn't really know what to do with the other 3, lol.

12 minutes ago, Solaris said:

The ensemble cast asks about Mirabels gifts at the end, and she keeps ducking the questions as she seemingly has none.  Watch the movie to find out why! (Wally)

I'll get to it when I get to it! (!) 

All in the Golden Afternoon

It has been a LONG time since I have seen Alice in Wonderland.  All in the golden afternoon is a great song.  It's just not one I can justify having in the game over all the iconic songs we have approaching the Top 50.  All in a Golden afternoon is sung by an ensamble of flowers (Marni Nixon) + the White Rose (Norma Zimmer) , and Alice has a verse right at the end. I really liked the flowers being the ones to sing the song. I don't think this song has been nominated in the rankdown, at least not to my recollection, prior to this round.  I think it exceeded expectations with how well it placed.

Erik saved: Paint the Roses Red

The Unbirthday Song

As I stated previously, it has been a LONG time since I have seen Alice in Wonderland.  This is up there with one of my favorite songs from the movie, certainly the one I remember the best. It's sung by the March Hare (Jerry Colonna) and the Mad Hatter (Ed Wynn) upon Alice meeting them. For those who don't know an Unbirthday is every day that you don't have a birthday.  As far as I know, no one in this rankdown has a birthday today.  So a Merry Unbirthday to all of you! Anyway, this is such a fun song (albeit a short song when it comes to actual singing). I do remember this one being nominated previously, a couple of times, but it made it all the way to the Top 60!

Erik saved: Paint the Roses Red

ALEX’S NOMS

Whistle While You Work (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)

For the First Time in Forever (Frozen)

Show Yourself (Frozen II)

vs.

DEREK’S NOMS

You’ve Got A Friend In Me (Toy Story)

God Help the Outcasts (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)

Gospel Truth (Hercules)

@*Chris @erik g @totes4totes @Solaris and @*Wallace can now send me their votes for one of these nomination trios. Remember, you’re voting to SAVE.

3/5 votes so far, but we already reached a majority.

Alex's nominations have received three votes. @Alex95 must now choose to save “You’ve Got a Friend in Me,” “God Help the Outcasts,” or “Gospel Truth.” The two songs left behind will be eliminated from the game.

After Alex posts his decision, Megan and Chris can send me their nominations. As for write-ups, please get them posted ASAP. But we don't have to wait for write-ups to be posted before continuing on to the next battle.

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Should've voted to save Derek's group instead :kissbye:

That's exactly what I did. :dead: Cause I knew "You've Got a Friend in Me" would be doomed if Derek's group lost. Sadly I was in the minority. 

3 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

That's exactly what I did. :dead: Cause I knew "You've Got a Friend in Me" would be doomed if Derek's group lost. Sadly I was in the minority. 

1 hour ago, Steven_ said:

3/5 votes so far, but we already reached a majority.

Alex's nominations have received three votes.

Tell The Truth GIF

3 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Tell The Truth GIF

:dead: 

I did vote Derek's group. Unless maybe I voted after there was a 3-vote majority? And I did my vote after Steven posted the results? IDK what happened. :dead: 

2 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

Wallace sent his vote minutes after I already posted the results.

OH, I thought so. :dead: 

Lmao I'm flopping so hard when it comes to voting this round! :wub: