DEREK: 3

WALLACE: 3

ALEX: 8

ERIK: 12

CHRIS: 13

SOLA: 17

MEGAN: 19

DEREK

The rumors are true. I murdered Prince Ali in an attempt to clear the way for this song to make the finals. And it seems to have worked! Robin Williams at his finest! The hook, the melody, the visuals, the huge production, the grand finale. This song has it all. No idea how this will rank but I’m gonna boost it as much as I possibly can. It was nominated for Best Song at the Oscars along with Whole New World. I’m dying to see the Broadway version of this. Maybe one day. We won’t talk about the Will Smith version lol.

WALLACE

Maybe a mini shock that I'm only ranking "Friend Like Me" at 3rd rather than 2nd? 😮 I nearly even decided to place this as low as 4th but ultimately decided not to. Of course I'm an Aladdin stan through and through... and therefore, I absolutely LOVE "Friend Like Me." And to no surprise, I love most of/all of the songs from Aladdin. I'm reallly glad that "Friend Like Me" made it to the Top 20 as I definitely really wanted this song here. I love the Genie and he is so infectious with how he sings and performs this song (originally performed by Robin Williams). I love "Friend Like Me" because it's so fun, joyous and happy sounding! This song is so full of life, character and personality. :bobo: Robin really portrays it so perfectly as The Genie! While this original version is a one of a time classic, I do also love Will Smith's version from the 2019 live action version.

ALEX

RIP Robin Williams. A lot of great acting performances from this legend throughout the years, and the Genie is near the top of the list of them. A comedic masterclass of the performance in every sense of the word. Tbh I love Prince Ali. I know it's not one of the more popular Disney songs, but I was secretly rooting for it to make the end. But I'm happy with Friend Like Me here for some Genie representation. The Genie is such a grand and extravagant character. You can tell Robin and the animators really had fun crafting him. Just a walking punchline and this song really enhances that aspect of his character. It's punny, it's catchy, it's got so much personality in one quick song. I hope it can beat A Whole New World.

ERIK

It's no Poor Unfortunate Souls but it's a solid Disney song. Also I definitely would've rubbed that lamp.

CHRIS

This song is THE song from Aladdin, so I can't really complain or deny its placement in this Top 20. There's no denying that it is a great song but personally, I can't justify ranking it any higher than this as there are other songs that I simply prefer over this one, which is why it sits where it does in my rankings - I could see it doing well & winning which I wouldn't be oppose to, but again I'd rather have other songs win over this one.

SOLA

When looking at the two Aladdin songs left, This is the one I would prefer to place lower, so I am ranking near the bottom.

MEGAN

I like Robin Williams but I've never been a huge fan of his. That being said, I think this song is very good. But I'm tanking it for one reason that has nothing to do with this rankdown: Robin Williams's performance as Genie set voice acting down an incredibly terrible path that we've yet to recover from and I don't think we ever will! It blows!!!!!

• Steven_ changed the title to Disney Songs Rankdown (#11 Posted)
2 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

considering we first had to address your 20 19 18 17 16 15 and 14 there really hasn't been that long to wait tbh

Episode 2 Drama GIF by PBS

4 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Shakira Yes GIF

I've been waiting for "Friend Like Me" to show up for awhile now!

Channel 9 Reaction GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

I've stopped caring about the results since "A Whole New World" got robbed so it's whatever.  :haha: (Though still love the game and the songs in it).

3 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Channel 9 Reaction GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

I've stopped caring about the results since "A Whole New World" got robbed so it's whatever.  :haha: (Though still love the game and the songs in it).

Don't let this become your new SYTYCD!

• Haha 2

CONGRATS TO THE TOP 10

giphy.gif

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Little-Mermaid-Part-of-Your-World-1.gif

Part of Your World

91e0329c-8212-4582-8e08-587d1221bbea_tex

Poor Unfortunate Souls

c7ff2100-146e-4f91-bb58-658448f19d47_tex

Heaven's Light/Hellfire

82a51793-aa64-4f2e-af56-0b648a02563d_tex

Zero to Hero

f19bf96c5e02badafa18f7613a6320a8.gif

I Won't Say (I'm In Love)

a828397897c7e97d223f00a96270502f.gif

Reflection

23f26683-f167-4702-9207-4bf435173123_tex

I'll Make A Man Out Of You

b015dd20-16ae-48cf-812f-3373323432a2_tex

Almost There

03022463-4184-4a48-b2b5-97239bc02e90_tex

Let It Go

Just now, *Chris said:

Don't let this become your new SYTYCD!

omg I didn't think of that. :dead: I'm still following and posting here so it hasn't come to that yet, thankfully. :haha: 

• Like 1