Songs of the 1990s Mini Rankdowns (1995 Round)

Steven_

16. LOVE SHACK – THE B-52'S

68923f30bcb28771304edd0db795b3e8.537x542x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

DEREK: 3

LILY: 7

AKSHAR: 10

STEVEN: 10

WALLACE: 10

GIGI: 11

QK: 12

CHRIS: 13

ALEX: 14

RICHARD: 14

NICO: 18

ERIK: 20

TOM: 20

STEVEN

This song is so campy, but it's a fun and feel good song. This song also reminds me of this TV scene:

WALLACE

b52s-love-shack.gif

"Love Shack" by The B-52s is such a fun guilty pleasure kind of song - probably one of my biggest guilty pleasures - at least for this era of music. :haha: I think this song is so beyond cheesy BUT it's also so fun and such a good time. :dead: I don't want to like it as much as I do but it's fun. Although I did go through a dark and sad period of this song as it got Pixie Lott eliminated on Strictly Come Dancing some years ago - but I try not to let that affect my initial enjoyment of the song too much. The chorus is super fun, cute and infectious!

The love shack is a little old place where
We can get together
Love shack baby
A love shack baby
Love shack, baby love shack

So fun! :bobo:

I have heard this song a lot throughout my life, but I never really paid attention or got what was sung in the verses. It's just that chorus is so fun. :dead:

ALEX

I advanced this past the first round, didn’t think it’d actually make the top 20. Objectively I don’t think it’s that good but it’s just so 90’s

RICHARD

This song is kitschy and fun. It’s probably not something I’d choose to listen to on my own, but I don’t hate it.

ERIK

This was hard to get through

15. GET HERE – OLETA ADAMS

4080f65886b83c6af5d775d3deca1fbe.800x788x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

ERIK: 1

NICO: 2

AKSHAR: 5

CHRIS: 9

TOM: 12

LILY: 14

QK: 14

RICHARD: 16

WALLACE: 16

STEVEN: 17

DEREK: 18

GIGI: 18

ALEX: 20

ERIK

The soooullll

RICHARD

Pretty, but definitely on the forgettable and repetitive side. Not really my cup of tea.

WALLACE

sddefault.jpg

With a lot of these early 90s songs, I feel like I learned a lot of them through singing and dancing shows. "Get Here" by Oleta Adams is a prime example of that as I first learned of this song from Justin Guarini's version on Idol and then some other versions on singing shows. I actually don't even know if I ever heard the Oleta Adams version before? Well I will certainly listen to it now. I think this is a beautiful and moving song. Oleta does sound really good and powerful here. Overall, it's not really a song I listen to regularly or play on my own, but I do enjoy it whenever I hear it. I absolutely love the part of the song where she sings: There are hills and mountains between us. I don't know why but I've always been obsessed with that part of the song. :haha: But yeah, very pretty song. I feel like it should be a song I should love more so I'm not sure why I don't. I But it's good.

STEVEN

She has a nice voice, but I found the arrangement here to be very sleepy.

ALEX

Nap time!

14. FREE FALLIN' – TOM PETTY

a7d6651cb78c9f0c1eb39b131283c631.600x600x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

QK: 1

AKSHAR: 4

DEREK: 9

RICHARD: 9

ERIK: 10

TOM: 10

CHRIS: 11

ALEX: 15

GIGI: 15

NICO: 15

WALLACE: 17

LILY: 18

STEVEN: 18

RICHARD

This is a good song that I personally don’t have a lot of connection to, probably from hearing it too much growing up, lol.

WALLACE

eebcdcf6-764f-40dc-b9b0-c15ae7f038c4_tex

Unlike my Bottom 3 songs, I'm actually familiar with "Free Fallin" by Tom Petty, so that helps moves this song up a few spots for me. :haha: This is a song I have heard a lot throughout my life.... It's nice and I like it well enough but I can't say I've ever really been a big fan of it. I guess it's just one of those songs I enjoy when listening to it but I wouldn't seek for it on my own. I do like the chorus and how he belts out the "And I'm free. Free fallin'" parts.

STEVEN

I've heard this song before, but I can't say it's one I've ever been interested in seeking out to listen to on my own. And that remains true after having to listen to it again here.

13. CRAZY – SEAL

dbb6c23f2c331bdbe0c1ad17c1d838c1.600x600x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

CHRIS: 4

DEREK: 4

TOM: 5

RICHARD: 6

STEVEN: 8

ERIK: 9

NICO: 10

AKSHAR: 16

LILY: 16

ALEX: 17

QK: 17

WALLACE: 18

GIGI: 19

RICHARD

Cool song. Definitely one of the less dated-sounding in the bunch. It does get repetitive as it goes on and probably should have ended a minute or two sooner, but I like that this song has a very distinct and sultry sort of vibe.

STEVEN

I enjoyed this song. It's not one I hear often, but it's got an intriguing vibe to it. It also still has a fresh sound to it, especially compared to a lot of the other songs in this Top 20.

WALLACE

c6b5e360-ee47-4361-a864-7a1f4320fe3e_tex

I can't recall if I heard "Crazy" by Seal before or not? Some parts sound kinda familiar but then some parts don't sound familiar. I do like Seal's voice and he sounds good. The song is okay for me. It's probably one of those songs I need to hear several more times for it to grow on me. Of the songs in the wildcard round, I would have preferred nearly all of the other songs to advance through over this one.... but I was clearly outnumbered in that final vote so I figured I should help Seal at the end. All I know is that you all better fight this hard to get "Kiss from a Rose" in the Top 20 in its chart year as well. :kissbye:

Edited by Steven_

- I'm not really surprised with this ranking for "Love Shack" as I figured it would be quite a polarizing song. lmaooo not Alex also with a change of heart for the song he originally advanced too. Though he didn't diss it like Richard did with his choice. :lmao:

- This is a good spot for "Get Here" and also not surprised with its ranking. omgg Alex's shady comment. :dead:

- LOL I'm noticing a lot of the same ranks for "Free Fallin'." Lots of #9s, 10s, 15s and 18s. :haha: Fine with this spot for it.

- Oooh nice, this is a pretty good set for me as the rest of my Bottom 5 songs (16-18) all got revealed here. Hmm I was curious how "Crazy" would have ranked as I had no idea where it would have come in with it being the song we voted on. It's decent and cool but definitely fine with it showing up here. I do get the comments on this having a fresher/less dated sound to it because it does have that.

My remaining spots: 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

More #20s got revealed as well as the first two #1s that got revealed.

#1s left (11): akshar, alex, chris, derek, gigi, lily, nico, richard, steven, tom, wallace
#1s revealed (2): erik, qk

#20s left (4):  chris, lily, qk, steven
#20s revealed (9): wallace, akshar, nico, richard, derek, gigi, erik, tom, alex

#4 Love Shack - The B-52's

This has to be the most iconic song of the year, and also fun to listen to.

#20 Get Here - Oleta Adams

This song is so slow and bland that I can't even remember how it goes.

#12 Free Fallin – Tom Petty

A sad, but nice feel good song.

#9 Crazy - Seal

Possibly Seal's most ambitious and most tolerable song.

12. PUMP UP THE JAM – TECHNOTRONIC 

a3992138b1d56a1238150be0051cb321.1000x1000x1.png

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

ALEX: 2

LILY: 2

DEREK: 6

GIGI: 6

NICO: 6

WALLACE: 7

AKSHAR: 12

CHRIS: 15

ERIK: 16

RICHARD: 17

TOM: 17

STEVEN: 19

QK: 20

ALEX

Iconic. I am absolutely ranking it this high thanks to Cunk on Earth.

WALLACE

techno-tronic-pump-up-the-jam.gif

So the songs in my #6 and #7 spots are both jams that I do really like/love and before this game, I never really thought to compare them or figure out which song I liked more between the two. "Pump Up the Jam" is such a fun song, not song but JAM! It's such a jam and with a song with the title, "pump up the jam," of course it's gotta be a jam! :bobo:   The opening of the song is so fun!

Pump up the jam, pump it up
While your feet are stompin'
And the jam is pumpin'
Look ahead, the crowd is jumpin'

:bobo: 

I also love when the singer goes in her more natural voice where she sings:

I don't want a place to stay
Get your booty on the floor tonight
Make my day
I don't want a place to stay
Get your booty on the floor tonight
Make my day

This song is so infectious and fun! :bobo: I wish I could remember where or how I first heard this song or how I got around to knowing it but I can't remember. It's not really a song I go to or listen to regularly  but I feel like maybe I should? I also didn't realize how repetitive the song is until now. I think that could work against it for some people but it's still so fun to me.

RICHARD

This is fun. Very much of its time, lol. I wouldn’t say I care for it a ton, but it’s alright.

STEVEN

It's got a good beat, but the vocals and lyrics leave much to be desired. The beat sells the song well enough, but it's not a song I would go out of my way to listen to.

11. HARD TO HANDLE – THE BLACK CROWES

71irrgoYzaL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

QK: 3

ALEX: 4

STEVEN: 4

DEREK: 5

NICO: 9

GIGI: 12

RICHARD: 12

TOM: 13

AKSHAR: 15

ERIK: 15

WALLACE: 15

LILY: 17

CHRIS: 20

STEVEN

This is one of the songs I'm most familiar with from these songs in the Top 20. It's very catchy with a cool rocking feel to it, and it makes for an enjoyable listen. I like Phillip Phillips's cover of it too. 

RICHARD

Good song with a good groove, albeit definitely repetitive. It’s not a huge standout for me, but I like it well enough.

WALLACE

mqdefault.jpg

"Hard to Handle" is a fun song by The Black Crowes, though originally done by Otis Redding. Again, like a lot of these songs in the bottom of my rankings, I can't say this is a song I've heard a lot or grown up with or really connected much with. But it's fun and I've always liked this song. And I do like their version. I especially really like the chorus and how they sing the faster parts of the song that goes: Hey little thing, let me light your candle. 'Cause, mama, I'm sure hard to handle now, gets around. :bobo: 

This is a fun song, but not a song I ever go back to or regularly listen to on my own.

10. IT MUST HAVE BEEN LOVE – ROXETTE

bf443ac200a4142dfe1fe480c00d4151.800x800x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

AKSHAR: 1

CHRIS: 2

GIGI: 7

QK: 7

ERIK: 8

TOM: 11

LILY: 12

WALLACE: 12

RICHARD: 13

DEREK: 14

ALEX: 18

NICO: 19

STEVEN: 20

WALLACE

135ebec2-6b97-4c21-9211-117cd2786029_tex

"It Must Have Been Love" is a really pretty song from Roxette. I don't know why.... but I have similar feelings to this and "Hold On" and they are kinda similar to me for some reason??? I don't really know why I think this, lol. This is a really pretty song and I've always liked it. The chorus is nice and very pretty - that's my favorite part of the song. I don't really have much thoughts on this but it's always been a song I liked hearing whenever I hear it. I think I may have had a stronger appreciation for this years ago than I do now? I'm not sure.

RICHARD

Pretty song. Not the most memorable, although I do like how she powers through the choruses, especially the ones towards the end after the key change.

STEVEN

I don't think this is a bad song, but it's the one that appeals to me the least here. It kind of drags too; I'm ready for it to end after the first minute.

9. BLAZE OF GLORY – JON BON JOVI

95908238bb59a2147389f83401f6245e.300x300x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

ALEX: 3

STEVEN: 3

QK: 4

ERIK: 6

TOM: 6

RICHARD: 11

CHRIS: 12

NICO: 12

WALLACE: 13

DEREK: 16

GIGI: 16

AKSHAR: 19

LILY: 20

ALEX

Bon Jovi was my first concert ever. I will always have a soft spot for him and his music.

STEVEN

I forgot how great this song is until I listened to it again. Jon Bon Jovi delivers strong vocals and sells the song well. That chorus is especially awesome.

RICHARD

This is a song that I feel like I’d actually like better if someone else were singing it. Jon’s vocals are great, but I feel like they lock the song firmly into 1990, or maybe even a bit earlier. I guess for me, I just prefer songs to feel a little more timeless. That aside, the lyrics and composition here are really solid.

WALLACE

XLjN1g.gif

lol I don't think I knew this was a solo Jon Bon Jovi song? I didn't know this song when it was out or many years after it. I think my earliest memory and first time learning of this song was when Phil Stacey sang it on American Idol. I really liked his version... and then I liked Jon Bon Jovi's version whenever I heard it. Jon sounds good and has a powerful voice while singing this song. I really like how he belts out the chorus.

#2 Pump Up the Jam - Technotronic

Technotronic couldn't make a bad song, and this is no exception. It really stands out in an otherwise lackluster year.

#1 Hard to Handle – The Black Crowes

A great rock song, but if I had played this game, I might've gotten a bigger favorite into the Top 20.

#15 It Must Have Been Love - Roxette

This song is nice to listen to, and really fun to sing.

#19 Blaze Of Glory - Jon Bon Jovi

It sounds like a rock song on the surface, but I'm just not feeling it.

Well that took out my top 2, and with that, my entire top 5.  I'm left with #6, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18.

12. Lol the rankings for "Pump Up the Jam" doesn't surprise me as I expected this song to have a wide range of high ranks and low ranks. :haha: It's interesting how this song has a lot of ranks from #2 to #7 and then from #15 to #20 (and the lone #12). Fun song but I get how it wouldn't be for everyone.

11.  Fine with "Hard to Handle" showing up as this is my lowest remaining ranking left. But it's a cool song and I do still like it. I also agree with Richard's thoughts here.

10. Ooooh Steven ranking "It Must Have Been Love" at #20 really shocks me. 😮 I didn't think or expect this song to get actual #20 ranks but I don't mind it, of course. :haha: But lol another song with rankings all over the place though, as it has a few Top 2 rankings and some Bottom 3 ranks, with the rest of the rankings in the 7-13 spots. :haha: 

9. Awww that's fun to learn that Bon Jovi was Alex's first concert!  "Blaze of Glory" is an enjoyable and pretty cool song. This was one of my lower ranks remaining, so again a song I am fine with going at this point.

my remaining spots: 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 11, 14.

Wow after kind of a rough start, I'm glad that my Top 4 all remains as I really love all those songs. :wub: 

One more #1 and the rest of the #20s are revealed!

#1s left (10): alex, chris, derek, gigi, lily, nico, richard, steven, tom, wallace
#1s revealed (3): erik, qk, akshar

#20s left (0):  n/a
#20s revealed (13): wallace, akshar, nico, richard, derek, gigi, erik, tom, alex, qk, chris, steven, lily

8. OPPOSITES ATTRACT – PAULA ABDUL

4b2f9327be081184cb7c30ca536bd19e.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

GIGI: 2

WALLACE: 3

LILY: 5

AKSHAR: 7

STEVEN: 7

DEREK: 8

ALEX: 10

CHRIS: 10

TOM: 15

NICO: 16

RICHARD: 18

ERIK: 19

QK: 19

WALLACE

3a29cdc8-89eb-4ac6-95c1-377631a9b998_tex

There were five songs from the 1990 list that I was REALLY hoping to see make it through to the Final 20 - and well 3 of them got there so I was 60% successful. :dead: I absolutely love "Opposites Attract" by Paula Abdul and am really happy that this song made it here! :wub: I have always thought of "Opposites Attract" as my favorite Paula Abdul song (though "Straight Up" could rival that sometimes).

"Opposites Attract" is such a fun, catchy and enjoyable song and I love it so much! :bobo: I love how Paula and.... whoever the male vocalist/rapper on the song, sings things that they like that are such opposites from each other. Because you know opposites attract! I love the song a ton as a whole, though my favorite parts are the end of the first verse and how it transitions into that infectious chorus!

I like it quiet and I love to shout
But when we get together, it just all works out 

I take two steps forward, I take two steps back
We come together 'cause opposites attract
And you know it ain't fiction, just a natural fact
We come together 'cause opposites attract

From the second verse, another part of the song that really stands out to me are where they sing: 

Who would've thought that we could be lovers? 
She makes the bed and he steals the covers. 

I also really love the part where they sing:

Don't think we'll ever get our differences patched
Don't really matter 'cause we're perfectly matched

Not only do I love the song, but the MUSIC VIDEO! It's SO good, fun and iconic! :wub: hahaha I remember seeing the video a few times when I was young and really loved it and that helped me love the song and I didn't even really know who Paula Abdul was. :haha: But yeah "Opposites Attract" is so fun, infectious and just one of those songs that will always put a smile on my face! I think it could do well in this rankdown (hopefully it can make it to the Top 10, at least), or at least I hope it does.

STEVEN

I don't think I ever heard this song before. Maybe I have, but I just don't remember? But I enjoyed it after listening to it now. It's super catchy, and the playful dynamic between the two works well. The music video is pretty fun too.

ALEX

I think we should put Paula on The White Lotus.

RICHARD

Very repetitive. I like Paula, but I don’t really care for this one.

7. POISON – BELL BIV DeVOE

1c4b7079dcf62b5a837177eb112f6d71.600x600x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

WALLACE: 1

DEREK: 2

STEVEN: 5

ALEX: 7

ERIK: 7

RICHARD: 7

AKSHAR: 8

GIGI: 10

LILY: 11

NICO: 11

QK: 13

TOM: 18

CHRIS: 19

WALLACE

50654f0a-7fcd-4bd7-9181-9e5e4de056a7_tex

7c04b3f9-e5fe-4e1d-8f6e-d129d6b3b892_tex

"Poison" by Bell Biv DeVoe is a classic and is SUCH an absolute jam! :bobo: As I mentioned with my Top 3 (or will mention with my Top 3), there were five songs I reallly wanted to make it to the end and "Poison" was one of them so thank you Alex for advancing this song with me. :hug: Ugh I wish I could remember when/where I first heard this or how I became familiar with this song but I have no clue. But I know I was LOVING and SO HERE for the New Jack Swing style of R&B music that dominated the early/mid 90s. First off, THAT BEAT and music production! It's classic, soo good and just never ages. :bobo: Already from the opening vocals of Girl I must warn you. I'm HOOKED! (!) I love how Bell Biv DeVoe sings the song - I love the smooth soulful vocals mixed with that hard hitting beat. I also love how the group does some vocal harmonies on parts where they sing:

Girl I must warn you 

situation is serious 

it's all so beautiful

However, the chorus is IT. That is THE PART of the song that I absolutely love and will always jam to!

It's driving me out of my mind
That's why it's hard for me to find
Can't get it outta my head
Miss her, kiss her, love her, wrong move you're dead
That girl is poison
Never trust a big butt and smile
That girl is poison poison

So goood and iconic! :bobo: I love the second verse but especially the latter part of the song that goes:

She's so fly, she'll drive you right out of your mind
Steal your heart when you're blind
Beware she's schemin', she'll make you think you're dreamin'
You'll fall in love and you'll be screamin' dreamin'

The rap/sung verse and then rapping verse are also a lot of fun. I can't think of a specific favorite part there but I do love it all and the sound of it. :bobo:  LOL I also really love the high note that one of the guys sing at the end of the song. I think that's such a memorable and fun way to close this song. :haha:

I can't remember if I ever saw the full music video before - but lol it's sooo 90s. :haha: But it's so fun, entertaining and I do love it! I'm not really expecting "Poison" to do too well, or at least don't want to put my expectations up too high for this. But I hope it will be appreciated and can get a good ranking.

STEVEN

This is such a classic from the 90s, and this Top 20 would feel incomplete without it. "Poison" is a very enjoyable track. I like all the dynamics here, which all come together really well to make a very catchy song.

RICHARD

This song benefits for me from not sounding as dated as a lot of the others. It’s a fun track that pushes the envelope just enough without getting into “ick” territory.

6. HOLD ON – WILSON PHILLIPS

d89063983d8e0c8f4747afaa3ab2cf07.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

LILY: 3

RICHARD: 4

TOM: 4

ALEX: 5

CHRIS: 6

STEVEN: 6

QK: 8

GIGI: 9

AKSHAR: 13

DEREK: 13

ERIK: 14

WALLACE: 14

NICO: 17

RICHARD

Great song with a great hook. The harmonies really get across that encouraging, heartfelt vibe, too. The song really feels like a group of friends who’ve got your back, and I like that.

ALEX

Bridesmaids 🫶

STEVEN

I honestly never heard of this song until I saw Bridesmaids, but apparently it was a big 90s hit. Anyway, I do think it's a pretty song, and the vocals here are really nice. It's a song that could come across as too saccharine, but I think the earnest delivery makes it all work.

WALLACE

a9ab9907-70d6-4b84-b9f9-ae236b7aab2c_tex

"Hold On" by Wilson Phillips is a really cute and pretty song. The verses are pretty and nice. But I do like how they build up the chorus and think it's a really cute and catchy chorus. I especially love the faster part of the start of the chorus and how the belt out the last part of the chorus: 

Some day somebody's gonna make you want to turn around and say goodbye
Until then, baby, are you going to let 'em hold you down and make you cry? 

If you hold... on for one more day
Can you hold... on for one more day?

I also think it's fun we got two "Hold On" songs here, for a battle of the "Hold On" songs. :giggle:I expect this one will do better, though I can't say I'm rooting for that to happen lol.

5. BLACK CAT – JANET JACKSON

fb98392e4df6c55041552dc59b9c2233.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

ALEX: 1

NICO: 3

TOM: 3

LILY: 4

CHRIS: 5

GIGI: 8

RICHARD: 8

AKSHAR: 11

DEREK: 11

STEVEN: 11

WALLACE: 11

ERIK: 13

QK: 15

ALEX

We did Ms. Jackson a bit dirty here, I am ranking her first as my official apology. And because this song is everything. How are the rest of you apologizing to her?

RICHARD

I feel like Janet’s vocal here gets almost a bit into shrill territory, but that aside, I dig the composition and overall feeling of the song. It has a lot of “pow” to it, which I appreciate.

STEVEN

I don't think I've ever heard this song before. Janet Jackson certainly delivers this well. The song has a cool rocking vibe to it. The electric guitar especially stands out here.

WALLACE

5a2f424c88695e30cd8802da86847791.gif

Janet Jackson only getting 1 out of 5 songs in the Final 20 is super disappointing.... especially when I only reallly LOVE "Rhythm Nation" and that was the Janet song I was by far most wanting in the finals. 😢 But of course we can't have nice things in this game. :closedeyes: 😭  With that said, I do really like "Black Cat." This is far from one of my favorite Janet songs, but it's always been a fun song. It's fun seeing Janet taking a big risk and unleashing her inner rock diva - and she slays it with this song. I love the attitude she brings in her performing and singing of this song. :bobo: 

#8 Opposites Attract - Paula Abdul

Paula was such a good girl, and her scum of a boyfriend just did everything wrong. The banter between them adds something to the already nice songs.

#6 Poison – Bell Biv DeVoe

This almost doesn't sound like a song, but somehow I like it in spite of all the clatter.

#10 Hold On - Wilson Phillips

Another feel good song that I like. I remember seeing this band as very snobby and condescending. In the video for this song, they always looked away from the camera.

#13 Black Cat - Janet Jackson

It's a bit slow, but it has a rock feel to it that makes up for it.

Well, this set took out the rest of my Top 10. Now I've got only #11, 14, 16 & 18 left.

40 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

It'd be nice to have more comments next round to hear from more rankers.

But fewer comments also mean less time for me to format the results posts.

tumblr_inline_o93d1eVzIa1riuxno_500.gif

I might be willing to do it in future years but this year didn't do much for me.

8. Aww I was hoping for "Opposites Attract" to do a little better but this spot makes sense for it. I'm glad it managed to get this far into the Top 10.

7. Aww a bit sad to see "Poison" show up now but this also did much better than I expected as I thought this wouldn't have made it to the Top 10. So I will certainly take a #7 placement here. :haha: Very pleased with the overall rankings for this song as well. Yesss at Steven's comments on this one too.

6. Oooh "Hold On" would beat out two songs in my Top 3. 😢 :dead: But hahaha not mad about it. This is very nice and pretty but just don't really have much of a connection to it.

5. Very good spot for "Black Cat" to come in 5th. Alex ain't lying at us doing Ms. Jackson dirty as she did deserve better than this for 1990. 😢 So that makes me feel real bad at ranking this at #11, but that was just how it ended up for me. :dead: But oh wow, it's really interesting seeing so many #11s for this song. 

my remaining spots: 2, 4, 8, 9.

I don't think I'm too surprised with this Top 4. I do feel like "Nothing Compares 2 U" will end up winning (and feel like it's a runaway winner), but we'll see what happens.

Only 2 #1s revealed this last set. It should mean 8 #1s remain.

#1s left (8): chris, derek, gigi, lily, nico, richard, steven, tom
#1s revealed (5): erik, qk, akshar, wallace, alex

#20s left (0):  n/a
#20s revealed (13): wallace, akshar, nico, richard, derek, gigi, erik, tom, alex, qk, chris, steven, lily

32 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

I’m glad @*Chris and I pushed Black Cat into the top 20 after seeing Janet’s other songs get robbed. :yes: 

I wish some of us would have thought the same for "Rhythm Nation" after what happened to that song. 😭