2024 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

Alex95

Just now, Solaris said:

maybe invalid cause you need to put someone in jeopardy too?  I don't actually understand.

I'll let the cut and the save stick since clearly my rules are very confusing :dead:. But yeah he still needs a third pick.

• Alex95 changed the title to 2024 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown - Derek's Noms Posted

Gladys Knight

127886_7374_ful.jpg

As we all collectively try to figure out this format, I figured I would get a cut in for Gladys.  She competed in Season 14 of Dancing with the Stars.  She was partnered at the time with second time Pro Tristan MacManus.  Tristan had just done decently with Nancy Grace in season 13 and he looked ready for a win.  Gladys was a fun personality, but she wasn't exactly a great dancer.  She did look like she was enjoying herself during the season.  She lasted 7 weeks on the show, and in my opinion her best dance was her first week Cha Cha.  She did have another dance that would score higher, but I don't really believe its better.  She stayed in mostly the 7's range throughout the season with a handful of 8's thrown in for good measure.  She finished the season in 8th place, making her Tristan's 2nd best partner over his time on the show.

Save: Billy Ray

Jepardy: Paulina

Edited by Solaris

MISCHA BARTON

32A6D32200000578-0-image-a-30_1459285129462.jpg

SEASON + PLACEMENT: SEASON 22 || 11TH PLACE

BEST DANCE: SAMBA || 18 OUT OF 30

WORST DANCE: CHA CHA || 15 OUT OF 30
FAVOURITE DANCE: SAMBA - "PARTY IN THE USA"

Mischa Barton is an actress who is best known for portraying Marissa Cooper on The O.C., which brought her to mainstream fame despite being active for a few years - the role even led to being referred to as the "It Girl" of 2003. Her film credits include Notting Hill and The Sixth Sense, among plenty of indie films. She joined the cast of Dancing With The Stars in 2016 for its 22nd season. She was paired up with Artem Chigvintsev, and on paper, you might have thought that they could have been an all-star partnership, but that wasn't the case at all. Dancing proved to be a challenge for Mischa, as seen with her first dance, the Tango, where she was stiff throughout the performance and received negative critiques from the judges. Len went on to tell them that it wasn't a dance but rather walking around the dance floor. The judges' critiques certainly had an impact on her confidence for her other dances, whether it be her Cha Cha Cha or her Samba. It was no surprise that she was the second celebrity eliminated from the season, and this is certainly a more than generous spot for Mischa. If Wally had been in this, maybe we would have carried her further :giggle: 

SAVING: KRISTI YAMAGUCHI  ||  IN JEAPORDY: TERRA JOLÉ

Jonathan Bennett

jonathan-bennett-dancing-with-the-stars.

Best known for the OG Mean Girls, Jonathan Bennett was on season 19 of Dancing with the Stars because.. well of course he was. What show has he not done? He was the first partner of Allison Holker and they started out stronger than I remember, consistently getting 7s/8s. But this was also at the time of DWTS where scores felt super inflated. He kinda hit a road bump after that and while he was able to recover from two weeks of straight sixes, he landed as a mid season boot.

For some reason what sticks in my mind most about Jonathan’s run was a backstage package where he referred to Sadie as ‘duck girl’. Which, 10 years ago I thought damn he could have at least remembered to learn her name? But in hindsight I think this is funny.

Save Normani

mazar_MAKSIMXLRG.jpg

Debi Mazar

Who is Debi Mazar you might ask? Good question because despite seeing her face and being like "Oh I know her" I cannot name off the top of my head a single movie or tv show she's actually been in. So let's see why I know her face. She has a very striking one so it's possible I just saw it somewhere and was like "Bank that in my brain: Debi Mazar." Let's see. Some facts from Wikipedia as I read it to figure it out. Debi Mazar started her career as a B-Girl! OMG SHOULD I TAKE BACK MY CUT? I'm already halfway through this write-up so I won't. Then it goes on to some music video stuff, some stuff in movies, her wedding was officiated by ELLEN BURSTYN. I might be regretting my choices here. Okay looking through I must know here from a few episodes of Younger and just regular cultural osmosis since she's appeared in a lot of things I've watched. Also GTA III. Anyway, Debi was on Season 9 of DWTS. She was paired with Maks Chmerkovskiy. They were eliminated 4th in what seems like no big loss.

Saving: Corbin

Jeopardy: Martin

DAVID ARQUETTE

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUZZ0rbH57oaVbO7IclPN

David Aquette is an American actor and former professional wrestler. He is best known for his role as Dewey Riley in the slasher film franchise Scream. I was actually excited to see David because I knew of him through Scream and was really looking forward to see him dance. He competed on Season 13 of Dancing with the Stars where he was partnered with Kym Johnson. They were the 7th couple eliminated and placed 6th overall out of 12 couples. His best dance was the Tango where he scored a 25/30. His worst dances were the Viennese Waltz and Jive, where he scored 18/30. He was a pretty decent dancer and was good to look at so I was not complaining about how long he lasted, lol. No complaints from me! But, unfortunately, with the nominations, he was the easy cut for me. Sorry Scream fans.

SAVE: Jane Seymour.

Jeopardy: Denise Richards.

Maureen McCormick

download.jpg

The running of gag of all Brady brunch cast getting 8th until I think this season was the kinda iconic in the fun way. Maureen McCormick was the same lasting till 8th place despite not really being any sort of a good dancer but that is sort of to be expected at the age she did the show. 

She was paired with Artem who I think unlike some other pros does fairly good with stars with little experience or not a ringer as well as good with his good partners as well i.e Kaitlyn Bristowe.  That says a lot of him as a pro. 

Their highest score was a Viennese Waltz for 22. No big loss at this point of the game especially compared to the two other options available. 

Saving: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren
Jeopardy: Lea Thompson

Edited by *Diana

• Alex95 changed the title to 2024 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown - Sola's Noms Next

Nominations:

Adam Rippon

Alexandra Raisman

Ariana Madix

Charity Lawson

Chelsea Kane

Christina Milian

Gabby Windey

Jordan Fisher

Kendra Wilkinson

Melora Hardin

Nastia Liukin