I know it depends on the singer, but generally, do you find yourself gravitating towards pretty, clean voices, or raspy, gravelly, rough-around-the-edges voices?

Misirlou

I know it depends on the singer, but generally, do you find yourself gravitating towards pretty, clean voices, or raspy, gravelly, rough-around-the-edges voices?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Choose

• Pretty, clean, easy listening voices
    • Gruff, raspy, rough around the edges voices

I´m curious. I´m definitely in the 2nd camp. I´m a fan of Tom Waits, who (at least starting in the 80s) definitely fits the rough option lol. And it happens with contestants too (Laith Al Saadi, Samuel Harness, Savanna Woods, and most recently, Huntley).

Edited by Misirlou

I like both equally honestly so it really depends on the artists and how their tones sounds. I don't like way too much gravel but I like the right amount like Huntley and Noah. I don't usually root for those type of artists but here I am rooting for those two. I can hear Sundance Head in Noah with that rasp, heck even Dave Matthews. Last season I thought there were a few males that had too much gravel that steered me away. I also love pretty and clean tones that are easy to listen to as well. It just really depends on the preferences. 

1 hour ago, Pitchproblems said:

My all time favorite Voice contestant is Amy Vachal, and one of my ofher favs is Girl Named Tom—both pretty and clean voices.  2 of my other favs are Meghan Linsey and Chloe Kohanski, both gritty and raspy.  So, it depends.  Slight edge to pretty and clean

welcome to idf :jaswave: