QC ranks the Blind Auditions [9-1 posted lol]

QueenCami

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

LMAOOOOO ill try to come up with something even weirder for the next set im excited that u got this though

and just 30 minutes before you posted the set :dead:

5 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

and just 30 minutes before you posted the set :dead:

I actually only started writing it after I saw that, so your message was the catalyst rather than it being a coincidence. but congrats to you and VV especially on this set's clues, the one's y'all got were tough! and allistr for the chess knowledge! although i dont know if this is considered niche knowledge or if he's well-known ?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I actually only started writing it after I saw that, so your message was the catalyst rather than it being a coincidence. but congrats to you and VV especially on this set's clues, the one's y'all got were tough! and allistr for the chess knowledge! although i dont know if this is considered niche knowledge or if he's well-known ?

my mind was blown at @VintageVoice’s logic. Let’s just say I spent way too long staring at the America’s Best Dance Crew Season 4 Wikipedia page 🙂

How’d you guys even know that DOMO was there?

7 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Well obviously I'm the smartest IDF member ever here and y'all should be jealous 🙄 /j

I casually just typed "chess" on advanced search and luckily jork's comment about the artists appeared :dead:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

my mind was blown at @VintageVoice’s logic. Let’s just say I spent way too long staring at the America’s Best Dance Crew Season 4 Wikipedia page 🙂

I remember when @QueenCamiactually included DOMO during a question of "What Do These 4 Have In Common?" thread, but somehow I forgot it :dead:

Definitely some surprises here.

I disagree with your belief that Tasha shouldn’t have turned three chairs. It wasn’t my favorite rendition, but I still enjoyed it enough.

I guess it was refreshing for me to see Sorelle’s spot lower than I expected, since I wasn’t a fan of their audition. I thought their battle performance was better anyway, and I won’t blame anyone for thinking it’s the best battle of the season (even if it’s not my Number 1)

I’m surprised about Ryley being this low, but he was much higher on the other two lists. I disagree about the lack of connection, especially considering he emotes better than a lot of the better contestants his age

I’m echoing FloorWax in being surprised that Kason and 2 no chairs are still here

- "Would you ever wanna hang out socially?"

- Do we think this contestant's next performance is going to be about old people?

- According to Wikipedia, this contestant is a "British comedian, actor, writer and television personality."

- Well, obviously... you took a flight to LA!

• QueenCami changed the title to QC ranks the Blind Auditions [Set 6 Posted + Set 7 Hints!]
8 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

if you go to Season 3 of The Voice and scroll down the wikipedia page, they have a section for other media the contestants have shown up in! 

5 minutes ago, allistr said:

I remember when @QueenCamiactually included DOMO during a question of "What Do These 4 Have In Common?" thread, but somehow I forgot it :dead:

LMAOO yup i did indeed do that. my inclination for clues with very little connection to the actual answer has been a trend apparently 😭 

Edited by QueenCami

5 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Definitely some surprises here.

I disagree with your belief that Tasha shouldn’t have turned three chairs. It wasn’t my favorite rendition, but I still enjoyed it enough.

I guess it was refreshing for me to see Sorelle’s spot lower than I expected, since I wasn’t a fan of their audition. I thought their battle performance was better anyway, and I won’t blame anyone for thinking it’s the best battle of the season (even if it’s not my Number 1)

I’m surprised about Ryley being this low, but he was much higher on the other two lists. I disagree about the lack of connection, especially considering he emotes better than a lot of the better contestants his age

I’m echoing FloorWax in being surprised that Kason and 2 no chairs are still here

- totally get it! Tasha's performance was definitely good, im just used to different takes on in (particularly Kique and Ricky's versions, which felt fuller and more consistent to me). 

- yeah i mean i am kinda surprised by it too, but this happens to me all the time where i stop liking songs because i listen to them too much

- yeah i figure Ryley being low would be not great for most people, but i've been a reasonably vocal ryley detractor (hopefully reasonably respectfully though) on this website so i didn't think it would be a big shock but if you haven't seen or don't remember that then i can see why it'd be surprpising.

- let's see where they end up 👀 i will say that my new top 21 is a little bit weird because i redid the rankings recently and im kind of confused how some people ended up where they did LMAO. so please give me some grace when u see how odd some of the rankings are........ 

24 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

- "Would you ever wanna hang out socially?"

- Do we think this contestant's next performance is going to be about old people?

- According to Wikipedia, this contestant is a "British comedian, actor, writer and television personality."

- Well, obviously... you took a flight to LA!

- ??? (I know this quote is from that girl on American Idol that sang a song about sardines though)

- Holly Brand (this is a STRETCHHH but her first song title had the word “girl” then the next had “lady”. I guess the natural next step is an old woman 👵)

- D. Smooth (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Mitchell_(comedian)

- Allie Keck (this sounds so stupid but is it because of the La La La in the song title?)

Only confident I got the D. Smooth one.

Edited by FloorWax

1 minute ago, jarmon said:

can we get an update of who is left, i need to get me some points 

bestie points got discontinued BUT i still can give u a little shout out if u get stuff first. anyway who is remaining:

Cait Martin (1)
Rachel Christine (1)
Holly Brand (1)
Allie Keck (5)
JB Somers (TBA)

D. Smooth (TBA)
NariYella (5)
Jamar Langley (TBA)
Gina Miles (3)
Kate Cosentino (3)
Kala Banham (5)
Jerome Godwin (TBA)
Kason Lester (5)
Kylee Dayne (5)
Grace West (TBA)

NO CHAIR 1

NO CHAIR 2

numbers don’t mean anything that’s just their taping from the blind auditions

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

- ??? (I know this quote is from that girl on American Idol that sang a song about sardines though)

- Holly Brand (this is a STRETCHHH but her first song title had the word “girl” then the next had “lady”. I guess the natural next step is an old woman 👵)

- D. Smooth (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Mitchell_(comedian)

- Kala Banham (“I’ve looked at clouds from both sides now???”)

Only confident I got the D. Smooth one.

this is so interesting.

i appreciate your use of emoji i forgot what it meant to be old woman

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

bestie points got discontinued BUT i still can give u a little shout out if u get stuff first. anyway who is remaining:

Cait Martin (1)
Rachel Christine (1)
Holly Brand (1)
Allie Keck (5)
JB Somers (TBA)

D. Smooth (TBA)
NariYella (5)
Jamar Langley (TBA)
Gina Miles (3)
Kate Cosentino (3)
Kala Banham (5)
Jerome Godwin (TBA)
Kason Lester (5)
Kylee Dayne (5)
Grace West (TBA)

NO CHAIR 1

NO CHAIR 2

numbers don’t mean anything that’s just their taping from the blind auditions

oh lmao this is so embarrassing for me 

but, thank you! ❤️ 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

this is so interesting.

i appreciate your use of emoji i forgot what it meant to be old woman

changed my answer to the fourth clue. After the clues you came up with last round this seems more on brand for you :haha:

2 minutes ago, allistr said:

Why do I have a feeling the sardine one is Kate Cosentino??? Both quirky singing maybe? 

I thought about it but I couldn’t find a good enough reason besides “both quirky”. It can’t be just that though so maybe we’re missing something. 

13 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

changed my answer to the fourth clue. After the clues you came up with last round this seems more on brand for you :haha:

wait this is so funny omg i love your new answer + justification. also speaking of this am i the only one who finds it SO funny that the song title is "Paris (Ooh La La)" and not just "Paris" like ..... why ..................

9 minutes ago, erik g said:

Why is Sorelle at 19 literally shocking😭

probably bc Sorelle is in my signature and i'm a vocal Sorelle stan LOL

4 minutes ago, allistr said:

Why do I have a feeling the sardine one is Kate Cosentino??? Both quirky singing maybe? 

LMAO "sardine one" 😭  

Edited by QueenCami
  • Haha 1

Magnus was fine, but boring imo

Tasha’s vocal wasn’t perfect but I felt like the way she sang it worked for the song and I just really liked how clear her tone was. Is it 4 chair worthy probably not, but I still would’ve turned lol

Wow Ryley higher than Sorelle!! I think unlike a lot of this site I’m not biased against teenage boys so I’d have him higher? Top 20 is still respectable though