Oliver Steele Fan Thread

jazzontherocks

1 hour ago, Teraginn said:

Add me please!

He's the only one this season who perked my ears up. Sublime voice, with a lot of soul in it. I think he's one to watch out for.

Added. Welcome 😃 I completely agree that there's a lot of soul in his voice. Great artistry.

Congrats to Oliver on making it through Hollywood Week!

I've seen enough AI to know how stressful this part of the competition can be, and you can tell it got to Oliver, based on how much he has been fumbling with his guitar. But that voice man..... I can't get over how gorgeous his tone is, reminds me of King Teddyswims so much. I'm also glad he got paired with obvious TCO IAM Tongi, he's gonna need that higher profile to further stand out.

I also liked that he showed a kinder side to his personality with him by being very gracious with Iam's issues with the duet. That will go a long way in making him personable to the voting audience, IF he gets there.

Excited to see what the next round holds for Oliver soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Congrats to Oliver on making it through Hollywood Week!

I've seen enough AI to know how stressful this part of the competition can be, and you can tell it got to Oliver, based on how much he has been fumbling with his guitar. But that voice man..... I can't get over how gorgeous his tone is, reminds me of King Teddyswims so much. I'm also glad he got paired with obvious TCO IAM Tongi, he's gonna need that higher profile to further stand out.

I also liked that he showed a kinder side to his personality with him by being very gracious with Iam's issues with the duet. That will go a long way in making him personable to the voting audience, IF he gets there.

Excited to see what the next round holds for Oliver soon!

Excited too! And I agree with everything you mentioned. Oliver is connecting, and I hope if he makes the voting rounds (which he deserves to), he will win over many supporters. 🙂 

Edited by jazzontherocks
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Hello IDF neighbors! Anyone know if Oliver will be on this week? I know we're still in the middle of montage city at this stage of the competition so I hope he gets a good edit.

He will be aired tomorrow! Also no one has been montaged so far this week so yay!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StarWalker1 said:

He will be aired tomorrow! Also no one has been montaged so far this week so yay!

Cool!

Given his song choice and the electric guitar he's holding in the press pics, we can expect a different kind of performance from Oliver. Can't wait!

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 2

Welcome to the Top 24 Oliver!

What an interesting take on this oft-covered song. It's a lot swampier and bluesier, and I appreciated how distinct it was. I just love how he modulates on certain notes with that growl of his but it still sounds smooth AF. I think this and his audition are my Top 2 fave performances from him so far. Could do without the annoying psychoanalysis from Katy though. It's moments like that that forces me to watch the show on YT instead of live.

• Like 3

I saw him for the first time, his performance intrigued me. Love his rasp and some of the runs in there too (the one on “tumbling down” plus there at the end ofc).

Just watched his audition, that one was really good too. Usually that song is a little blah but he made it interesting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Welcome to the Top 24 Oliver!

What an interesting take on this oft-covered song. It's a lot swampier and bluesier, and I appreciated how distinct it was. I just love how he modulates on certain notes with that growl of his but it still sounds smooth AF. I think this and his audition are my Top 2 fave performances from him so far. Could do without the annoying psychoanalysis from Katy though. It's moments like that that forces me to watch the show on YT instead of live.

Add me, he's bringing the john mayer vibe this year. 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jazzontherocks said:

nytsch, KelseyW and Starry_Night.. Welcome to the Oliver club 🥳 Added you all

And yes a mix of John Mayer and James Morrison 🙂 He once mentioned on his Instagram about John Mayer being one of his biggest influences 💙

Thanks. 🙂

That's cool, I like both of those singers. 

• Like 1