🎶👑Wé Ani Fan Thread👑🎶

StarWalker1

5 hours ago, StarWalker1 said:

Its finally up!!! 

She's such a commanding force its insane

I think this might be my favourite performance from hers, what a fresh arrangement of an overdone song. She killed it. The strength of her rasp/distortion surprised me here

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hsamid said:

I think this might be my favourite performance from hers, what a fresh arrangement of an overdone song. She killed it. The strength of her rasp/distortion surprised me here

Honestly for me it's between this, Skyfall, Ain't No Way, and her audition ... like SHES GOT SO MANY!!!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, allistr said:

She SLAYED. But I wish we got to hear her on "Don't Watch Me Cry" :( that song means a lot to me.

That was another beautiful song choice too omg, I wonder if Katy picked it

Either way hope she does something more stripped down later on!

• Like 2

She slayed it tonight! I was a bit worried seeing the song choice but in her case it doesn't matter. She can sing anything and there have been people who sang that successfully on singing shows before. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Persy said:

She slayed it tonight! I was a bit worried seeing the song choice but in her case it doesn't matter. She can sing anything and there have been people who sang that successfully on singing shows before. 

When I saw her song choice, I was also worried because in my rules that Season 21 contestants should follow, I advised them not to sing any Whitney songs because those songs just beg for comparison with her and more often than not, the singer tackling her songs will come out a loser.  This time, however, she was in the "not" category because she killed the song.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

When I saw her song choice, I was also worried because in my rules that Season 21 contestants should follow, I advised them not to sing any Whitney songs because those songs just beg for comparison with her and more often than not, the singer tackling her songs will come out a loser.  This time, however, she was in the "not" category because she killed the song.

Definitely agree. Hopefully we don't get Hello by Adele for her even if she can do great. It's overdone still.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Persy said:

Definitely agree. Hopefully we don't get Hello by Adele for her even if she can do great. It's overdone still.

Agreed, but if there’s one thing that I know about Wé, it’s that she takes risks and picks songs that are in the pop area but show different facets about her.  Adele’s “Hello” might be too safe.  Besides, with the themes for the next two weeks, she won’t have a chance to sing it before the finale.

• Like 3

Singing show nerds like us might’ve been disappointed that Wé chose the overdone I Have Nothing yesterday, but I reckon that actually helped with her the voters. I put the performance on the TV and my mom mouthed to herself (in Tagalog): “Her voice is so beautiful”

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Singing show nerds like us might’ve been disappointed that Wé chose the overdone I Have Nothing yesterday, but I reckon that actually helped with her the voters. I put the performance on the TV and my mom mouthed to herself (in Tagalog): “Her voice is so beautiful”

That might well have helped her, as did the fact that she was able to avoid being seen as a Whitney copycat (possibly because her voice isn't really like Whitney's)  and the fact that if anybody could do "I Have Nothing" justice in this season, it was Wé.  High risk but in this case, a very high reward.

• Like 3

On 4/30/2023 at 7:47 PM, StarWalker1 said:

Its finally up!!! 

She's such a commanding force its insane

Stellar performance! Felt more like a guest performance than a competition one. Finale worthy. 

• Like 2