Neil Salsich Fan Thread

jamescasaki

3 minutes ago, nytsch said:

I still rewatch Tennessee Whiskey just for his parts 😅 (Nothing wrong with Bailey, but didn't care about her as much)

His other performances were good too. But that one just hits different for some reason.

Speaking of Sid I don't think I knew his PO song. Shame he got eliminated before we could hear more songs like that.

I like the studio of Sid's PO song better than the original 💅💅💅

I am still sad that he exited so early, but he's doing just fine, traveling across America with his wife and doing shows and recording the odd cover on Spotify. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RTV said:

Ooh I haven't seen him do a song on piano yet, maybe he can do that on The Voice stage!

24 minutes ago, RTV said:

His band really loves playing live. A bunch of their albums are one-session live recordings. I hope that helps Neil handle the unique acoustics of the NBC soundstage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Teraginn said:

He is really good at it! A bunch of his reels on IG are just him doing some intricate chords.

I haven't seen those since I don't have IG, but it's obvious that Neil is an experienced guitar player. He also plays harmonica.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RTV said:

Ed. I linked the wrong RTV post from above. This is the link I intended. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-14-neil-salsich-the-mighty-pines/id1538328437?i=1000505503243

Hour and a half but worth a listen  He says Mighty Pines might be called "epic folk," "bluegrass rock" or a jam band. lol  There's a lot here about background and influences. He's all about his hometown St. Louis.

For fun, here is the Mighty Pines' cover of Wild Horses followed by its inspiration by Old and in the Way - a classic ad hoc group with Jerry Garcia, David Grisman, Peter Rowan and Vassar Clements (one of Nashville's great fiddle players). Probably left someone out.

Edited by WastedinMemphis
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Ed. I linked the wrong RTV post from above. This is the link I intended. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-14-neil-salsich-the-mighty-pines/id1538328437?i=1000505503243

Hour and a half but worth a listen  He says Mighty Pines might be called "epic folk," "bluegrass rock" or a jam band. lol  There's a lot here about background and influences. He's all about his hometown St. Louis.

For fun, here is the Mighty Pines' cover of Wild Horses followed by its inspiration by Old and in the Way - a classic ad hoc group with Jerry Garcia, David Grisman, Peter Rowan and Vassar Clements (one of Nashville's great fiddle players). Probably left someone out.

Ooh really liked that Wild Horses cover. So far that’s the first video from him that I thoroughly enjoyed. Will definitely dive in to more stuff by his band.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Also, this is sort of a Jordan Matthew Young situation I think. A more rootsy artist covering a straight out country song in the blinds. Wonder if Blake will continue to see him as country or find out about his other sides.

I liked Jordan a lot more when he wasn’t doing country so I assume that will be the same case for Neil. I’m not a country hater, I promise, I just have preferences :dead: 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RTV said:

I enjoy Neil's guitar playing. Hopefully he is allowed to play on most of his performances.

I like this too. I could see myself listening to him even after the season ends, like Sid and GNT. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WastedinMemphis said:

One more note from the interview - Neil is a big fan of Chuck Berry another St. Louisan.  This would be a lot of fun.

Half the audience would think it's country. lol

😕

Regardless, Neil is animated when performing and seems comfortable on a stage. That should help him on The Voice.

At the beginning, a bandmate says, "So oftentimes, we're called a bluegrass band. And this is an example of why we aren't. You know what I mean? Well, we'll show ya, at least."

Neil does a great job on the vocals. Start at 9:48 to hear the outro.

• Like 1