Top Country Singer Rankdown

QueenKalie

4 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

I can't believe it took this long for Sara Storer to get cut; I included her as fodder mostly because of this song:

A cute song and one of the few that tells a story of female friendship. :wub: 

It might've helped that @QueenKalie had her name misspelled on the front page. :giggle: 

• Haha 1

Sad to see Tenille Townes leaving but a good position given everything ; Personally, she's my favourite Tenille out of the 2 Canadians named Tenille.

My personal favourite always been "Jersey's On The Wall" which was inspired by a story in my home province. She was recently here on a concert - I was unable to attend but she did post this video of her singing the song live:

Just now, ~Tom~ said:

Thanks! You have favorites from her? 

Always been a fan of "Ghost in This House", "When You Say Nothing At All" - first song of hers I remember hearing, "Paper Airplane",  "Forget About It", "Down to the River to Pray", and of course "Whiskey Lullaby" - I am not as big of a fan as you but always enjoy her music & voice.

Some of my favourite live performances includes:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Always been a fan of "Ghost in This House", "When You Say Nothing At All" - first song of hers I remember hearing, "Paper Airplane",  "Forget About It", "Down to the River to Pray", and of course "Whiskey Lullaby" - I am not as big of a fan as you but always enjoy her music & voice.

Some of my favourite live performances includes:

Wow I han't seen this performance before, stunning! :wub: Natalie stole the show with her fiddle.

And I meant to include that Shania collab, hadn't heard it in so long and loved it!

• Like 1

Kellie Coffey

1492636339-kelliecoffeywalkon.jpeg

Kellie Coffey, my next cut choice, made her debut in 2002 with "When You Lie Next to Me", a Top 10 hit on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. Her debut album of the same title was released by BNA Records in the same year, and she also won Top New Female Vocalist from the Academy of Country Music. Unfortunatrely, her next album, A Little More Me, got scrapped and she also made a questionable choice to cover Dance With My Father. She would later relese an album called Walk On in 2007. I have posted one of the few songs that caught my atttention at all from the album, I Would Die For That, above. She had potential but needed to release something else but a ballad to get real traction, I think. A more than generous spot for her. 

292291980_620369019452321_7785573393789840947_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=e3f864&_nc_ohc=A7DdxG1yQ2IAX_SY-No&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AT-JAKenYVtwCi661R56pSEkwl5l3cZXIH5eu6awx0SkDA&oe=63166668

Jess Moskaluke is a Canadian singer that I've been following for a few years now - I remember watching her Youtube covers on repeat, which is how she got discovered.  Her transition from doing professional youtube covers to an actual career in Country music started in 2011/2012 where she released her debut single, "Catch Me If You Can", after winning Rising Star at the CCMA.  However, her career really blew up following the release of her debut album, "Light Up The Night" - she released a total 4 singles from the album ("Good Lovin'", "Cheap Wine and Cigarettes" - her best charted single in the era, "Used" - my favourite single from the album, and "Night We Won't Forget").   Following the success of her first LP, she found success with her EP, "Kiss Me Quiet", where two of the songs went all the way to #7 and got certified gold ; I really love both of those songs ("Take Me Home" and "Kiss Me Quiet").   After another EP, she released her 2nd LP entitled "The Demos" in 2021 on which she scored her first #1 hit - "Country Girls" ; The album performed well in both Canada & Australia in her first International release if I am not mistaken. 

Jess is one of the most recognizable modern Canadian country female singer in the industry so it's only fitting that she's one of the last remaining Canadian in the rankdown ; I am fine with her being eliminated from the rankdown as her career is very much limited to one market.  And now here's some of my favourite of hers :

Sarah Buxton

MV5BYTNiNWQxOWMtNWMzMy00OGFjLTg3NWYtNmM1
For today's cut, I've decided on Sarah Buxton. I feel like Sarah is probably someone I heard of before but I am not too entirely sure. Sarah Buxton is a country music singer-songwriter, who has been in the country music scene since 2005. Throughout Sarah's career she released one album in 2010 named Sarah Buxton, as well as three E.P.'s named Almost My Record, Signs of Life and Moonriser. As far as her singles, she's known for songs such as: "Innocence," "That Kind of Day," "Outside My Window," "Say My Name," "Some Things Don't Change" and others. "Outside My Window" was her most successful single as it reached #23 on the U.S. Hot Country Songs chart and #7 on the U.S. Hot 100 Bubbling Under chart (which is the chart of songs that almost reaches the actual Hot 100) in 2009. However, her most successful song was a collaboration with David Nail on "Let It Rain," which reached #1 on the U.S. Country Hot Songs chart and #51 on the Billboard Hot 100. I'll close this out with her biggest hit below.

17 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

I feel Sarah is best known for writing Stupid Boy:

She was on my shortlist too so great cut @*Wallace!

Oooh is it? :dead: I saw that it was a song covered by Keith Urban, so I thought his version was more popular. Plus, I didn't see any chart stats for it but I'll take your word for it. :haha: 

Tammy Wynette

Untitled1.jpg?w=980&q=75

For my next cut I decided on cutting Tammy Wynette. I had considered a couple of people before I ultimately decide on her. Dubbed the "First Lady of Country Music", she is considered among the genre's most influential and successful artists. Wynette helped bring a woman's perspective to the male-dominated country music field that helped other women find representation in the genre. Her characteristic vocal delivery has been acclaimed by critics, journalists and writers for conveying unique emotion. Twenty of her singles topped the Billboard country chart during her career. She is probably best known for her song "Stand by Your Man". Sadly she passed away in 1998 due to a blood clot. 

JEAN SHEPARD

jeanshepard.jpg

Ollie Imogene "Jean" Shepard was an American honky-tonk singer-songwriter. Shepard released a total of 73 singles to the Hot Country Songs chart, one of which reached the number-one spot. She recorded a total of 24 studio albums between 1956 and 1981, and became a member of the Grand Ole Opry in 1955.

CAM

CAM-SONY-08-29-1743444.jpg

Everyone has been making big unpopular cuts here and myself included, so I guess i'll do it again by cutting Cam who I know is popular around here. Cam is honestly someone I hadn't heard before IDF so that's good I am being introduced to new singers. She has a pretty voice but nothing I connected to so I think is more than a fair place for her. I do know she has fans here so I apologize if this cut upsets anyone.

• Sad 2