Mandisa

Mike Parker

Roman Collins

Tristen Gressett

Willie Spence

Posted (edited)

American Idol Rankdown 3.0

Round 3: Hollywood Week - Lines of 12

American Idol season 20 episode 7 performances ranked: Who was best? -  GoldDerby

At this point, 206 contestants remain vying of title of the winner of the third rankdown and 128 of them are vulnerable for this next round.

For this next round, the judges (our Rankers) will divide the contestants that were not cut or saved in Round 2 into groups of 12.

The remaining six rankers will then cut one and save one from each line. Each ranker is responsible for the write-up of the contestant they cut.

Contestants that are saved will automatically move on to Round 4 with those that have immunity and were saved in Round 2. Therefore, each contestant can only be nominated once this round, so choose wisely.

Any contestant that does not get nominated this round will also automatically move on to Round 4.

Also, as a word of warning, there are limits on how many FOX era (S1-15) versus ABC era (S16-22) contestants make the "finals" of this competition, so nominate, cut, and save wisely because at some point, the contestants that remain from each era may automatically advance to the finals! 😱

The rankers will nominate in the following order generated by random.org:

1. @FrogLenzen

2. @thevoiceisthetop

3. @Elliott

4. @jarmon

5. @QueenKalie

6. @totes4totes

7. @Alex95

Each ranker will have 24 hours from the end of the previous ranker's nominations to nominate.

If they fail to do so, random.org will nominate for them.

For reference, the contestants vulnerable this round are below.

I will update this list as they get nominated, cut, and saved.

Aaron Kelly

Ace Young

Ada Vox

Adanna Duru

Alex Preston

Amanda Overmyer

Amber Holcomb

Amy Adams

Anthony Federov

Anwar Robinson

Ashthon Jones

Ava Maybee

Brandon Rogers

Bucky Covington

Burnell Taylor

Camile Velasco

Carmen Rasmusen

Casey Abrams

Casey James

Chikezie

Chris Richardson

Chris Sligh

Christina Christian

CJ Harris

Clay Aiken

Corey Clark

Crystal Bowersox

Curtis Finch Jr.

Daniel Seavey

David Hernandez

DeAndre Brackensick

Dennis Lorenzo

Devin Velez

Diana DeGarmo

Didi Benami

Dimitrius Graham

Elliott Yamin

Emily Piriz

Erika Van Pelt

Fritz Hager

George Huff

Gianna Isabella

Gina Glocksen

Grace Leer

Haley Scarnato

Haven Madison

Heejun Han

Huntergirl

Jacob Lusk

James Durbin

Janelle Arthur

Jasmine Murray

Jasmine Trias

Jason Castro

Jay Copeland

Jeremy Rosado

Jessica Sierra

Jordin Sparks

Jorge Nunez

Josh Gracin

Joshua Ledet

Julia Demato

Justin Guarini

Karen Rodriguez

Katie Stevens

Kim Caldwell

Kimberly Locke

Kree Harrison

Kris Allen

Lacey Brown

Lazaro Arbos

Leah LaBelle

Lisa Tucker

MacKenzie Bourg

Maddie Poppe

Madison VanDenburg

Madison Watkins

Majesty Rose

Malaya Watson

Mandisa

Matt Giraud

Matt Rogers

Melissa McGhee

Michael J. Woodard

Michael Johns

Michael Lynche

Michelle Sussett

Mike Parker

MK Nobilette

Naima Adedapo

Nick Fradiani

Nikko Smith

Noah Thompson

Olivia Rox

Paige Miles

Paris Bennett

Paul Jolley

Paul McDonald

Qaasim Middleton

Quentin Alexander

Ramiele Malubay

Rayvon Owen

Rickey Smith

Roman Collins

Ruben Studdard

Ryan Starr

Sam Woolf

Sanjaya Malakar

Sarina-Joi Crowe

Scott Macintyre

Scotty McCreery

Siobhan Magnus

Skylar Laine

Sophia James

Stefano Langone

Stephanie Edwards

Tamyra Gray

Taylor Hicks

Thia Megia

Trenyce

Tristen Gressett

Tyanna Jones

Tyson Venegas

Uché

Vanessa Olivarez

Vonzell Solomon

Walker Burroughs

Willie Spence

Edited by sublymonal

2 minutes ago, sublymonal said:

Also, as a word of warning, there are limits on how many FOX era (S1-15) versus ABC era (S16-22) contestants make the "finals" of this competition, so nominate, cut, and save wisely because at some point, the contestants that remain from each era may automatically advance to the finals! 😱

This ratio better be 19::1 or something :/

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I have no idea who to nominate lol it's gonna get squirrely toward the end. I guess not a lot of pressure for me at this point

At least you have the most choices to choose between.

NICK FRADIANI

Season 14 - Winner

what-is-nick-fradiani-doing-now-american-idol-winner-today-2.jpg?crop=0px,135px,2266px,1284px&resize=940,529&quality=86&strip=all

Favourite Performance: Only the Good Die Young

Nick Fradiani is a singer who won the fourteenth season of American Idol, robbing Clark Beckham, Quentin Alexander and Joey Cook in the process. Nick was the Idol equivalent of stale white toast. I mean, honestly - imagine being a WGWG on American Idol that I don’t stan. My standards are low! To Nick’s credit, he was at least consistent and he was never outright terrible, which alone puts him over 75% of the cast that season. Unfortunately, the 25% that remain wiped the floor with him. But hey, at least after nine years, he’s no longer my least favourite winner! Anyway, there was a big online campaign to get the win because people thought he would be more current than Clark. He was signed to Big Machine and you can see how well that turned out. Notably, said win caused this forum to crash for like 2 months after his win so there’s that.

SAVE: James Durbin

Edited by Elliott
  • Like 1

Corey Clark

corey-clark_0.jpg?w=842

Apparently Corey Clark needs to go so that is a good enough reason for me to cut him. :dead:  Apparently he was disqualified for an undisclosed criminal record whoops. He also claimed to have had an affair with Paula Abdul and that she helped him with his look and song selection so damn Idol was really wild back in the day huh. :dead: Well he got 9th place after his DQ not sure if he ever had a career after this or not but I am guessing probably not so whatever bye Corey. Here is him singing Drift Away. 

THicks.webp.4a7bfe261de7587d684f80d603d7a0ca.webp

TAYLOR HICKS

Taylor managed to win the 5th season of American Idol. IF i remember correctly, Katherine was the fan favorite hoping to win that this forum liked. He managed to sing lot of interesting songs. He managed to sing "Crazy Little Thing Called Love", "Play That Funky Music", "Trouble",  and many more. He didn't appeal to me much as a contestant, I thought he was a bland performer and never really got any hype from me. Fun fact tho: he is the oldest American Idol winner by birthday as he was born in the 1970s. According to Wikipedia, he just debuted at the Grand Ole Opry a year ago and he is still making music apparently so good for him.

Leah LaBelle

G4R6CMC3OTQDJUJMZARIKWUZ5U.jpg

I almost cut her last round she was nominated but then I remembered she passed and I felt bad. I also cut her in the last AI Rankdown. So it may seem like I have some sort of vendetta against Leah LaBelle, but I can assure you I do not. She was the first finalist out of S3 after completely butchering "You Keep Me Hangin' On". Just a dreadful performance, really can't argue with her elimination there. She also performed "I Have Nothing" and "Let's Stay Together". Neither of them were particular standouts. Suzy Vuluca deserved a spot in the top 12 over Leah. And Jon Peter Lewis. You can probably make a case that no white person deserved a spot in the top 12 more than Suzy except Diana DeGarmo. Anyways, I'm still sad about how tragic Leah's death was. But we gotta be objective here and she really doesn't need to make it to the next cycle of this game. And there's another tragic death nominated here that I'm saving, so that makes up for it.

Save Willie Spence