Pokémon: The Mini-Rankdowns (Gen IX Posted) (Winner Posted)

.Rei

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished the main story of Scarlet. Overall, it is a fun game outside of the clear bugs and glitches. Having an open field Pokémon game took some time to get used to, but it was a great experience. The story was one of the better ones, definitely better than Sword/Shield although I enjoyed those games. The new Pokémon are solid, some more than others. I unfortunately missed out on the Charizard raid; I'm hoping I can be ready before the Cinderace one this upcoming weekend.

As for the anime, I stopped watching it a long time ago. However, it won't feel right without Ash as the main protagonist. Maybe I'll check it out to see who the new protagonist(s) are.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 12:46 AM, Crisis said:

Just finished the main story of Scarlet. Overall, it is a fun game outside of the clear bugs and glitches. Having an open field Pokémon game took some time to get used to, but it was a great experience. The story was one of the better ones, definitely better than Sword/Shield although I enjoyed those games. The new Pokémon are solid, some more than others. I unfortunately missed out on the Charizard raid; I'm hoping I can be ready before the Cinderace one this upcoming weekend.

Agreed on all counts... I think they are a major improvement on Sw/Sh, games that I find bottom tier (even if I love the Gen 8 Pokemon)

I played the Cinderace raid on the first date and as expected I wasn't prepared at all :haha:

On 1/12/2023 at 6:58 AM, .Rei said:

This was well done. It's still difficult to wrap around that there are 1000+ Pokémon.

On 1/12/2023 at 7:55 AM, .Rei said:

Agreed on all counts... I think they are a major improvement on Sw/Sh, games that I find bottom tier (even if I love the Gen 8 Pokemon)

I played the Cinderace raid on the first date and as expected I wasn't prepared at all :haha:

I think Sw/Sh is underrated although they won't be in the upper half (then again, I never played X/Y or S/M, US/UM although I used and enjoyed some of the Pokémon in Sw/Sh). I got owned the first time I did the Cinderace raid; however, I managed to defeat and catch it. :haha:

Speaking of 7 Star Tera Raids, the next one will be Greninja with the Poison Tera type. It will run from January 27-29 and again from February 10-12.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...