Pokémon: The Mini-Rankdowns (Gen IX Posted) (Winner Posted)

.Rei

#15. Araquanid

752.png

Avg: 10.71

@NGM - 4

@.Rei - 7

@hayden98 - 8

@Solaris- 13

@Steven_ - 14

@FrogLenzen - 14

@Crisis - 15

Nico

Iconic. This is everything Surskit wanted to be.

Rei

Love its design... I love the bugs from this gen

Sola

why did we need this in the Top 15?

Crisis

Meh, there were better Pokémon to pick from. Besides, I don't use pure tanks much because I'm not into competitive battles. Also, Toxapex does its job better.

#14. Lurantis

754.png

Avg: 10.00

Derek - 4

Sola - 8

Steven - 9

Hayden - 9

Rei - 13

Nico - 13

Crisis - 14

Sola

This gen has so many good grass pokemon.  This one is no exception. Its weird that its not half bug type though.

Rei

Poor Lurantis had to be on the same gen as Tsaarena. Had it also been bug, I would have liked it more

Nico

Great overall but Tsareena was also in this generation to steal its thunder sadly.

Crisis

It's not a bad Pokémon per se; however, Tsareena is a similar and better option.

#13. Golisopod

768.png

Avg: 9.57

Rei - 1

Hayden - 7

Derek - 9

Nico - 11

Crisis - 12

Steven - 13

Sola - 14

Rei

I hate you all!!!! Brilliant design, brilliant Pokemon.. check your taste!

Nico

Love the design, but I have a love/hate relationship with its gameplay/ability.

Crisis

It and it's pre-evolution are annoying to catch without Quick Balls due to their abilities.

Sola

I know this pokemon is popular, but its not my types of bug.  Also wimpods constant running away left a bad taste for its evolution line, for me.

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon: The Mini-Rankdowns (Gen VII) (Round 7 - #15-#13 Posted)

#12. Toxapex

748.png

Avg: 9.29

@NGM - 1

@.Rei - 8

@Solaris- 9

@FrogLenzen - 10

@Crisis - 11

@Steven_ - 12

@hayden98 - 14

Nico

One of the most iconic annoying walls they have ever created. This thing is evil and I love to use it bc people struggle so much to counter it.

Rei

I've never cared for the competitive aspect tbh, I do appreciate a cool design and Toxapex's is great!

Sola

great competitive pokemon.  Don’t love the design though.

Crisis

A cool design and typing, and it's a good tank. However, as mentioned with Araquanid I don't use pure tanks often.

#11. Primarina

730.png

Avg: 9.14

Crisis - 2

Steven - 2

Nico - 8

Hayden - 10

Derek - 12

Sola - 15

Rei - 15

Crisis

Primarina is perhaps the most underrated starter and edges out Decidueye as my Gen VII favorite. I'm happy it was able to make the final round here.

Nico

Good ending for the line after the mess in the middle. Plus it's fun to use.

Sola

One of the worst starters, not sure how it got like 65 points to advance.

Rei

Remember me to not do the final voting round like that again cause Primarina making the top 15 while Incineroar didn't is the definition of Choices!!

#10. Vikavolt

738.png

Avg: 8.43

Sola - 4

Rei - 6

Crisis - 6

Nico - 6

Derek - 11

Hayden - 11

Steven - 15

Sola

My preferred bug type pokemon from this generation.  Its evolution method is cool and its potent

Rei

Love the bugs from this Gen and Vikavolt is another standout from this gen

Crisis

A really fun Pokémon to use and has a nice design. The major downside is its low speed.

Nico

Bug pokemon were getting major upgrades before this generation, but it was here that they started to finally tie it all together and when it felt like the concept fully arrived to destination. While not my top pick for bug pokemon, Vikavolt does a great job of improving the type and being super fun to use. It has a great design, and while that was never really the big issue for bug types, I'm glad they made both aspects (visuals and functionality) work at the same time.

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon: The Mini-Rankdowns (Gen VII) (Round 7 - #12-#10 Posted)

Primarina not appearing in the first set is a victory in itself. ❤️ I gave it a lot of points to give it a fighting shot because I figured I was the only one who was going to vote for it. I didn't expect Steven to put that many points on it. All three starters this gen were great, definitely better than the Gen VI ones.

With that said, I suddenly don't feel so bad about Rowlet being left out. 🙂

#9. Tsareena

763.png

Avg: 8.29

@NGM - 3

@Crisis - 4

@Solaris- 5

@FrogLenzen - 8

@Steven_ - 11

@.Rei - 12

@hayden98 - 15

Nico

Idk who has mommy issues at GameFreak but we will let it slide bc this worked really well

Crisis

A great grass type to use if the grass starter isn't picked. Also, it has a cool design.

Sola

I don’t use Tsareena in my Gen 7 playthroughs, because I always start with Rowlett.  That said I have made great competitive use out of Tsareena in Gen 8 with her crit hitting and big damage moves.  Plus Gen 8’s Triple Axel is incredible on her.

Rei

great desing and Pokemon overall.. I just have other favorites

#8. Kommo-o

784.png

Avg: 8.14

Sola - 3

Derek - 3

Crisis - 7

Steven - 7

Rei - 10

Hayden - 13

Nico - 14

Sola

I fought for this pokemon so hard in both the last two rankdowns.  I do really like this pseudo legendary.  I hope it places well in the final ranking.

Crisis

Kommo-o is my second least favorite pseudo (ahead of Salamence), but it's still a solid Pokémon. It could benefit from a better movepool.

Rei

Love the typing but Kommo-o has never been one of my favorite pseudo.. it is still good

Nico

Probably the only one I would replace from this set? It's too much of a "same old, same old" with the usual pseudo-legendary being another dragon. It's beyond stale.

#7. Alolan Marowak

105_f2.png

Avg: 7.86

Rei - 2

Steven - 3

Hayden - 5

Sola - 7

Nico - 10

Crisis - 13

Derek - 15

Rei

the whole design and story its brilliant.. when I think of great variants Alolan Marowak is right there at the top

Sola

I love the lore behind this pokemon line and this change is really cool.  I love the ghost/fire typing even if its become a prominent dual typing as of the last few generations.

Nico

Brilliant design, honestly really good job updating it and making it feel meaningful and connected to the OG games story.

Crisis

It has a cooler design and typing than its Kantonian counterpart, but it's not a Pokémon I see myself using.

Edited by .Rei

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon: The Mini-Rankdowns (Gen VII) (#09-#07 Posted)

#6. Lycanroc

745.png745_f2.png745_f3.png

Avg: 7.57

@Crisis - 1

@hayden98 - 3

@Steven_ - 6

@NGM - 9

@Solaris- 10

@.Rei - 11

@FrogLenzen - 13

Crisis

A cool rock type that has three great forms. If I had to pick my favorite, however, it would be the dusk form. Also, Rockruff is one of the most adorable Pokémon out there.

Nico

Possibly one of the most fun rock types pokemon to use. It does a great job subverting expectations.

Sola

Its decent. I think it gets a big following in the anime as it’s an Ash pokemon.

Rei

Great Pokemon. Midday form is probably my favorite

(tie) #4. Alolan Ninetales

038_f2.png

Avg: 7.14

Steven - 1

Sola - 2

Nico - 5

Derek - 6

Crisis - 10

Hayden - 12

Rei - 14

Sola

probably the best regional variant from any pokemon Generation.  This vastly improved over a mediocre Kantonian Ninetales.  Its beautiful and has a fantastic typing.

Nico

Easily the best redesign of a Gen I pokemon. It looks even better than the OG and they made it a dragon killer? Sold.

Crisis

I prefer the Kantonian Ninetales, but the Alolan version isn't bad and has a pretty design.

Rei

Much better than Kantonian Ninetales with a pretty design, I just don't care for it

(tie)#4. Alolan Sandslash

028_f2.png

Avg: 7.14

Derek - 2

Rei - 5

Steven - 5

Hayden - 6

Crisis - 8

Sola - 12

Nico - 12

Rei

What an improvement over their Kantonian counterpart. Love this!

Crisis

I have a soft spot for the Kantonian variant, but this one is cooler (no pun intended). Just keep it away from fire.

Sola

its cool looking, and I prefer it to its Kantonian counterpart. Still its nothing amazing as a pokemon.

Nico

While the type combo is kinda wack (Steel is incredible defensively but Ice is a mess, but Ice works super well offensively), the design of this thing? Chef's kiss. No notes. They did so much good work breathing new life to underwhelming Generation I concepts.

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon: The Mini-Rankdowns (Gen VII) (#06-#04 Posted)