Best Country Songs Of The Year Mini Rankdown 2015 winner has been revealed.

QueenKalie

4. I Could Use A Love Song - Maren Morris

maren-morris-i-could-use-a-love-song1.jp

QK 1

Akshar 1

Diana 3

Chris 5

Victoria 9

Gigi 9

Wallace 13

Steven 13

Comments: 

QK: In my ideal world The Bones would not have won so Maren would have had a better chance at winning with her better songs like this or maybe My Church. I struggled with ranking my top 3 as I loved all the songs in my top 3 but I ended up ranking this song first because it is my favorite Maren song so I think it made sense for it to be my #1 over the other songs for that reason. This is such an easy song to just listen to over and over again and not get bored of it. I am a bit bummed that it doesn't look like Maren will be in Nashville for CMAfest as she is touring every day but Sunday. Maybe she will do something on Sunday but it's not on any schedule so far at least.   

Akshar: OH MY GOD YESSS!!! This is actually my favorite Maren Morris song because DAMN these lyrics along with her voice? INCREDIBLE! She absolutely ATE with this song and I just love listening to this song whenever I can. I love Kyndal Inskeep & James Violet battle from The Voice especially.

Diana:  maren is perfection to me and I love this song so I am giving it a high ranking.

Chris: A single from her debut era, which she didn't need to slap as hard as she did, this song became her first number one as a solo artist after making waves with her previous singles. And she certainly deserved a #1 with this song, although I could argue that it should have been her 2nd #1 as a solo artist. Her voice really shine through on this song about heartbreak and redemption, especially when she sings the chorus.  Anyway, I will gladly rank this song at #5 as it's one of my favourite song from her debut era, although her best song will remain "Once". 

Victoria: Cute song by a great singer.

Gigi: I like The Middle more, but this song is good.

Wallace: This is one of those Maren songs where I do recognize the title but can't really think of how the song goes until listening to it. This is a really pretty song from Maren. She sounds really pretty on the opening verse and I like how she brings in some vocal power into the chorus. She sings with a lot of heart and passion there. Although this isn't one of my top favorites from Maren, I still enjoy it well enough. Also whoa, the music video took a major turn I wasn't expecting a little over 3 minutes in. But still, a very nice emotional song from Maren.

Steven: Pretty song. Maren sounds nice here too.

• QueenKalie changed the title to Best Country Songs Of The Year Mini Rankdown 2017 4 is up!

There goes the excited Akshar again! :giggle: 

Ah I'm kinda surprised "I Could Use a Love Song" showed up before "In Case You Didn't Know,"  but no complaints from me about this, obviously. :haha: Great spot for Maren's song to make it to 4th! Her track record in this game is reallly strong. :yes: 

So a Brett vs. Lauren vs. Little Big Town Top 3. This oughta be interesting. I still am sticking with my Top 2 prediction of Lauren vs. Little Big Town.

• Like 1

3. In Case You Didn’t Know - Brett Young

maxresdefault.jpg

Chris 1

Victoria 1

Steven 2

Wallace 5

QK 6

Akshar 6

Diana 8

Gigi 19 

Comments: 

Chris: : First of all, #1 & #2 are essentially tied for me - one represents the present / the future while one represents the past ; In this case, "In Case You Didn't Know" represents the present & the future thus I have to rank it at #1.   Five years ago, I became ultimately obsessed with this song, a few months after I've met my partner - five years later, we are about to celebrate our 5th year anniversary. And this song truly represents every aspect of our relationship since Day 1 : "In case you didn't know, Baby, I'm crazy 'bout you, And I would be lyin' if I said, That I could live this life without you , Even though , I don't tell you all the time , You had my heart a long, long time ago, In case you didn't know //  There was somethin' 'bout that kiss Girl, it did me in Got me thinkin' I'm thinkin' // You got all of me I belong to you Yeah, you're my everything". Now I just need to contact Brandon Stansell to cover the song and change the lyrics so we can use it when we get married . (P.S. : This would be my winner prediction but I expect GiGi ranking it fairly low if her ranking of Mercy is any indication)

Victoria: Now that I know that Brett Young is hot ranking him #1 is an easy choice. 

Steven: Brett Young had a great debut single with "Sleep Without You," but he built on that with an even bigger hit "In Case You Didn't Know." This is one of my favorite Brett Young songs. The lyrics are heartfelt, and Brett sounds very sincere.  

Wallace: I remembered "In Case You Didn’t Know" being quite a big and popular song for Brett Young. I always liked this song and thought it was a sweet, tender heartfelt song. I do really like Brett's voice on this but also the heartfelt emotion he has while singing this. He truly sings each word and lyric straight from his heart. I especially like how he raises his voice and showcases some range towards the end of the song. The music video is really nice too, and wow it's insanely impressive how the video got over 540 million views! 

QK: For me this year had 6 really strong songs and then it was a significant decline in quality after the top 6. I went back and forth on my 5th and 6th place songs but ultimately settled on ranking this one six because I have less of an attachment to Brett then the people I ranked higher then him. But this is a very good song that deserves the praise it got. Fun fact this song would have won the rankdown if Gigi wasn't a ranker so take that however you like I guess. :giggle: 

Akshar:  Can we firstly appreciate how HOT BRETT YOUNG IS?!?!?! Man is fine as hell. But aside from that, man this song always gets me in my feels. It's such a well written song and another one of my faves to listen to and especially hear covers of, just an incredible song!

Diana: such a good song

Gigi:  I was so bored listening to this song.  I know he has his fans and that's great, but his voice isn't for me.

• QueenKalie changed the title to Best Country Songs Of The Year Mini Rankdown 2017 3 is up!