Best Country Songs Of The Year Mini Rankdown 2015 winner has been revealed.

QueenKalie

14. "Buy My Own Drinks" - Runaway June

Runaway-June.jpg

Steven 6

QK 10

Public 10

Victoria 12

Chris 12

Wallace 12

Akshar 15

Diana 19

Comments:

Steven: I remember hearing this song when it came out, but I haven't heard it since then. It's pretty catchy, and I like the lyrics too. 

Chris: Not my personal favourite of theirs but this one is still great & I was glad that they were able to find success with it. 

Wallace: 

LMAO not me thinking Runaway June was a co-ed group that I thought Chris mentioned in the country co-ed group convo we had in the thread, only to realize, this is a female group. :dead: Yeah I am not familiar with Runaway June but this is a really cute, fun upbeat song. The ladies all sound really good individually and collectively as a group. It's cute how the video goes back and forth between them current day selves and them when they were younger (or actresses playing their younger selves). This is a cute, fun feel good song with a good vibe to it.

QK: This is a fun song and enjoyable song. There aren't a lot of girl groups so it's nice to support them when you can. 

• QueenKalie changed the title to Best Country Songs Of The Year Mini Rankdown. (2019) #14 is up

Fair spot for the Runaway June song. That was a cute and fun song so I'm happy I got to hear it through here (as I didn't recognize it). Ooh and yeah like QK mentioned, it is really rare to seeing girl groups in country music. So it's nice seeing this group.

13. "Soon You'll Get Better" - Taylor Swift, featuring The Chicks

5e9bb5f80b3c9b57c41a8313?width=1200&form

Public 1

Diana 3

Victoria 7

Akshar 10

Wallace 15

Chris 16

Steven 17

QK 20 

Comments: 

Wallace: I definitely remember hearing about this Taylor and The Chicks song back when/before Taylor's Lover album came out. I did not remember this song being a single at all. Ooh okay looking over wiki info, I don't think it was but oh well. I don't think we will complain having Taylor here.  This is a really pretty, soothing and easy listening to song from Taylor and The Chicks. They have nice storytelling of the song and they provide pretty vocals and hamonies. I personally would like a little bit more of a buildup but then this song probably doesn't really need that as it's beautiful the way it is.

Chris:  This song features two artists that I love which would lead one to believe that I would be ranking it at the top. But unfortunately, it is not that I listened to a lot as it makes me incredibly sad. It's still a poignant song but it unfortunately don't measure up to their other songs or songs in this Top 20.

Steven:  I don't like ranking a Taylor Swift song this low, but "Soon You'll Get Better" is too tough to listen to. It's a sad and scary situation that many people go through, and the lyrics conveys feelings of desperation rather than hope. It's too sad, and I don't want to think about stuff like that while listening to music.

QK: I am ranking this last because Taylor is eventually going to dominate these rankings and it will be deserved but until that point comes I am going to try and let other artists shine. 

• QueenKalie changed the title to Best Country Songs Of The Year Mini Rankdown. (2019) #13 is up
5 minutes ago, *Diana said:

noted that a song being "sad" means we should tank it.

No. It’s a good song but for me, even as a TSwift fan, it brings me back to places in my life that I wish I could forget.

1 minute ago, Solaris said:

we aren't friends anymore.  

Siri please play Bad Blood by Taylor Swift !

But everyone knows that I am a super fan 😘

Edited by *Chris
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, *Chris said:

No. It’s a good song but for me, even as a TSwift fan, it brings me back to places in my life that I wish I could forget.

I get that, I am just in my feelings. that song helped me so much the last few weeks with my dad in and out of the ICU.

• Sad 4