🌻 Girl Named Tom Fan Thread 🌻

Bk1234

On 6/7/2022 at 11:13 PM, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, I feel like there’s an announcement for a new show every day at this point! :haha:

Saw that they had the main stage at 8 p.m. on Friday at the Texas State Fair.  That should be fun 🙂

Edited by WastedinMemphis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Gmm99 said:

"Every Story" is out now.

It's nice that they redid it, though I don't really remember it being any different before.

Not a fan of this song anyway to be honest, dime a dozen for me. And without any dynamics to it, there isn't really any opportunity within the song to have vocals (or GNT's harmonies) elevate it above the pack either.

Still, hope the song will get some traction for the 4 of them (or really the 2 of them effectively)

FYI: I went and checked out the amphitheater for their FREE concert this Saturday.  The permanent "stage" there is only, maybe, 5 steps above ground level.  It is going to be hard for most to see them unless there is a different stage they are bringing in.  This amphitheater is in the middle of a park (several baseball diamonds) so there are trees around that will provide shade but will also block the view for some.  There is housing developments all around so there is ZERO parking.  It will be hard to find parking, if you are not local to the area.  They are not allowing anyone to start setting their seats up in the park until noon that day.

I just wanted to give a heads up to any one that may be coming.  There is a FB page for the event.  On the FB you can find a number you can text a code to and get updates for the concert.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, C12Lou said:

FYI: I went and checked out the amphitheater for their FREE concert this Saturday.  The permanent "stage" there is only, maybe, 5 steps above ground level.  It is going to be hard for most to see them unless there is a different stage they are bringing in.  This amphitheater is in the middle of a park (several baseball diamonds) so there are trees around that will provide shade but will also block the view for some.  There is housing developments all around so there is ZERO parking.  It will be hard to find parking, if you are not local to the area.  They are not allowing anyone to start setting their seats up in the park until noon that day.

I just wanted to give a heads up to any one that may be coming.  There is a FB page for the event.  On the FB you can find a number you can text a code to and get updates for the concert.

Oh, thanks for checking that out. I was planning on coming. It's a mute point now that it's cancelled, but I did contact the amphitheater to ask about parking etc and they recommended getting there before noon to secure a parking spot. 

I guess normally there's not that many people coming, so the few parking lots are sufficient. I wonder how many people they were expecting now, I can imagine plenty of people would drive out to see them. 

Hoping they will recover soon and are able to reschedule. Probably they'll try to find another venue in Bryan that can accommodate more people, if one exists

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, C12Lou said:

For when it is rescheduled:

I found a picture online of the amphitheater stage and it DOES NOT look like what I saw yesterday.  Hmm..  It is much bigger in the picture online.  I do believe that I was still in the correct location.  I may have been looking at the side or back of it.  I did not get out of my car and walk across the large grass area over to it to look more closely at it.  I just wanted to get back on here on clarify/correct my earlier statement.  

Praying C, J, & B rest up and heal quickly.  

2 hours ago, Es1234 said:

Oh, thanks for checking that out. I was planning on coming. It's a mute point now that it's cancelled, but I did contact the amphitheater to ask about parking etc and they recommended getting there before noon to secure a parking spot. 

I guess normally there's not that many people coming, so the few parking lots are sufficient. I wonder how many people they were expecting now, I can imagine plenty of people would drive out to see them. 

Hoping they will recover soon and are able to reschedule. Probably they'll try to find another venue in Bryan that can accommodate more people, if one exists

The only indoor "venue" large enough for a concert in Bryan would be the high school gymnasium that I can think of off the top of my head.  Still the gym would not seat as many as I believe they were expecting, even if they added chairs on the floor at one end.  There churches but none of them could accommodate a really large crowd.  I know they were expecting a decent sized audience for this FREE concert.  Hopefully they can just get it rescheduled for an outdoor concert.  Most importantly we need them to not rush their recovery time and take the time they need to make a full recovery.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, C12Lou said:

The only indoor "venue" large enough for a concert in Bryan would be the high school gymnasium that I can think of off the top of my head.  Still the gym would not seat as many as I believe they were expecting, even if they added chairs on the floor at one end.  There churches but none of them could accommodate a really large crowd.  I know they were expecting a decent sized audience for this FREE concert.  Hopefully they can just get it rescheduled for an outdoor concert.  Most importantly we need them to not rush their recovery time and take the time they need to make a full recovery.

Yeah, especially as they're singers, they need to make sure their voices are 100% so they don't risk doing any long term damage.

Sounds like the amphitheater is the only option in Bryan then. Hopefully they can reschedule for another Saturday, then I can probably join 🙂

1 hour ago, Classicrocker1993 said:

I love PB on pancakes, and everyone in my family hates me for that

Lol, why? Does it affect them somehow? I'll have to try it next time.

This weekend I tried PB&J for the first time (not a thing where I'm from. We eat both, just don't combine them)