🌻 Girl Named Tom Fan Thread 🌻

Bk1234

1 hour ago, Es1234 said:

Guess they didn't travel to the airport together that time, missing a flight is the worst. At last they still made it in time for their concert. 

Yeah, and it must be hard to travel with all the flight delays and cancellations that are frequent these days. 

55 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, and it must be hard to travel with all the flight delays and cancellations that are frequent these days. 

That's prevalent in the US too? That would be very annoying and hard to plan their tight schedules then. Lucky that they haven't had to cancel a show yet due to that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Es1234 said:

That's prevalent in the US too? That would be very annoying and hard to plan their tight schedules then. Lucky that they haven't had to cancel a show yet due to that

Yes, unfortunately. It doesn’t look like it has impacted GNT too much.

3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, both Caleb and Josh love the GNT clothing, they're great reps! Bekah not so much 😄

At least she does get super excited about free hotel breakfasts😂

Also looks like they're doing meet&greets again.

Edited by Es1234
  • Like 1

Still have the alert turned on for GNT news but it's been quiet - saw the cancellation notices and then a few stories when they went back out but not much else. Any news from anywhere about what's happening with the studio and Republic?

21 hours ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Still have the alert turned on for GNT news but it's been quiet - saw the cancellation notices and then a few stories when they went back out but not much else. Any news from anywhere about what's happening with the studio and Republic?

I've also got the alert, thanks for the suggestion. 

They keep saying new music should be out soon, but I have no idea on the timeframe. They have been touring so much that I don't think they've had much time for studio work.

But, a couple months ago on one of their Instagram posts, they did use a studio version of Waters as background music. I expected that to be released already, but I guess it's still in production. Unless Republic didn't like it, in which case they don't know music.

I'm also not sure what the process is. GNT have said that Republic didn't do anything with agents, producers, studios etc and its up to GNT to take care of all that. The music just has to be released through Republic. So I wonder at what stage Republic would get involved. I do hope GNT are allowed to stick to their vision and that Republic will let them release it.

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgNxeTsOn7M/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
8-C18-F317-1-BE9-43-A5-A070-67-CE6-ABBB4

47-B10-FBE-5240-47-D1-ADEA-BF3-FCD3-E87-

1 million steams on “Helplessly Hoping”! :w00twave:

And a bunch of other songs around half a million and this is just spotify. It's a nice benchmark and especially nice to see they still have over 80k monthly listeners on spotify. So while a lot of those million streams probably came during their time on the voice, they're definitely still going strong. Of course all their (nearly) sold out concerts were an indication too

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FloorWax said:

80k monthly listeners is actually pretty decent. Way more than most Voice winners that's for sure.

Certainly. I wonder if them going on tour right after the show has anything to do with this. 🤔 

11 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Certainly. I wonder if them going on tour right after the show has anything to do with this. 🤔 

Probably, but it also speaks to their popularity. They did have a bunch of songs in the iTunes top 10 (and #1) that hadn't happened for other recent voice winners. Although 80k is hopefully only the beginning as someone like Cassadee Pope has 10x that per month and Bradbery has a couple million. And then the total number of streams is also 50-100x higher.

Looking at the average age of their concert crowds though, I wouldn't be surprised if half or more don't even have Spotify and just got their cd instead. 

Edited by Es1234
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Es1234 said:

Looking at the average age of their concert crowds though, I wouldn't be surprised if half or more don't even have Spotify and just got their cd instead. 

that's great. they'll make way more money on CDs, merch and tour tickets than they ever will on Spotify

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FloorWax said:

that's great. they'll make way more money on CDs, merch and tour tickets than they ever will on Spotify

That’s true. It’s great if people are investing in CDs - that shows dedication. 

2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

That’s true. It’s great if people are investing in CDs - that shows dedication. 

I think in very broad terms it depends on the age of fans. Younger fans are more used to streaming, while older fans probably prefer cds. Of course a cd is only a one time income, whereas spotify keeps paying per stream of that fan, so there is a point where streams are more profitable than a cd. But I believe it's something like 1000 or 1500 streams equals one album, depending on their profit margin.

Personally, I prefer physical cds anyday and I'm hoping to get the album sleeves signed soon

• Like 1