🌻 Girl Named Tom Fan Thread 🌻

Bk1234

The Chain was requested by everyone here. I'm really obsessed with that song right now; I've played it on repeat for atleast 30 times. I like their ballad a little less than last week, but I think they can pull that off. I'm disappointed they aren't performing a duet on the same night; it could have served as a trophy seal for them. 

I am literally dying to hear Kelly  and GNT duet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Buhangin said:

Now we only need Silent Night or Hallelujah as their Duet song to further showcase their amazing harmonies! (I also found their ballad a bit uptempo so) OMG goodluck to us tomsies ❤️

Ugh yes, those would be killer duet choices. I’m sure they’ll kill whatever they sing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

This one is gorgeous too. Minivan is going to eat this up. 

One of my favorite Alison songs and one of her best known.  It's a real showcase for Bekah (as Kelly knew).

Loving The Chain too.  They might have borrowed a little from Highwomen in the opening harmonies but it's really their take on it. Very cool.

Their Alison song is closer to her live album version than to the original cd.

Edited by WastedinMemphis
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, kurumi said:

Thanks but where is the front view? Where are his abs? 😭😭

Wishing Caleb sings Careless Whisper like a hot male stripper in the club. That would ended all competitors

In this video, you can watch a small snippet of it.👇👇

2 hours ago, Arsh said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT0RJjNpElR/?utm_medium=copy_link

This gives you a variety of front, back, and side views.🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting how close GNT ended up to what folks here expected. Chain was a consensus pick and Alison has been on the table since GNT's first session with Kelly. Thought it might be Ghost in this House, but this one is fresher for TV.  And Bk called a country pick yesterday. :thumbs:

I'm guessing The Chain about mid-way through and Alison near the end but could see it go the other way.

Edited by WastedinMemphis
  • Like 2

Both studios sound great!  Very strategic to sing Alison.  Bekah sounds great, harmonies are on point, and its a good song to pick up those country votes, now that that lane is clear 🤠.  The Chain sounds soooo good.  I can see them closing with this song.  GNT-FTW!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

This is my favorite studio of the two for this week. I love the harmonies and I felt that the individual parts were expertly placed. 

Indeed! Folks don’t have to scream or bust a blood vessel to sing in a way that’s appealing. These days, I think I prefer control, expertly crafted and placed harmonies, and caring about whom you’re singing with than belting.

I’m pretty sure that the only way GNT sings as well as they do is that they care enough about each other and the music to listen and blend. Their 3 voices make one exquisite quilt of a voice that can’t be replaced or replicated by anyone else.🥰

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Interesting how close GNT ended up to what folks here expected. Chain was a consensus pick and Alison has been on the table since GNT's first session with Kelly. Thought it might be Ghost in this House, but this one is fresher for TV.  And Bk called a country pick yesterday. :thumbs:

I'm guessing The Chain about mid-way through and Alison near the end but could see it go the other way.

I hope they are able to do Chain when their voices are fresher and Alison’s cover toward the end…and totally dig performing both. No matter what, the show has been vital to their exposure. They really deserve it!🥰

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

I remember there's an interview or something like that in which GNT explained why they picked Kelly as their coach. Does somebody knows where it is, so I don't have to go through 96 pages? Please?

I remember them explaining why they chose Kelly on a couple of interviews but this one is just about that.

• Thanks 4

Cannot wait to hear them sing the chain live- I’ve been anxiously awaiting them to sing a Fleetwood Mac song but am so glad they ended up saving it for the last song, was a very smart move on their part. Hopefully it’ll go first and the Alison Krauss song last so they can sing to their hearts content on it. They deserve all of this success, so proud of them tbh. 🥺 Also looking forward to that song they’ve been teasing about on insta coming out soon. ❤️

• Like 1