American Idol Season 20 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

I still want to know if there's any truth to that other person's claim that the "majority of the contestants who were eliminated in Hollywood week should not have gone home." If that claim is actually true, would they at least restart Hollywood Week? Obviously American Idol was filmed already. So would we see the filmed footage first and then they post a message at the end of the show saying "we are redoing Hollywood Week" lol? I know there were times in American Idol history where the judges brought contestants back into the competition because they knew it was the wrong call to eliminate them, but this claim is saying that most of the contestants that the judges eliminated were not the right calls. So that's why I'm very confused.

Edited by mrsvaledictorian2017

1 hour ago, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

I still want to know if there's any truth to that other person's claim that the "majority of the contestants who were eliminated in Hollywood week should not have gone home." If that claim is actually true, would they at least restart Hollywood Week? Obviously American Idol was filmed already. So would we see the filmed footage first and then they post a message at the end of the show saying "we are redoing Hollywood Week" lol? I know there were times in American Idol history where the judges brought contestants back into the competition because they knew it was the wrong call to eliminate them, but this claim is saying that most of the contestants that the judges eliminated were not the right calls. So that's why I'm very confused.

They would never actually redo Hollywood Week and this person's source (assuming the source actually exists and is not just a lie) is probably exaggerating lol. Talent is subjective, so one source could think everybody is robbed while another could think results were perfect.

29 minutes ago, m1key said:

They would never actually redo Hollywood Week and this person's source (assuming the source actually exists and is not just a lie) is probably exaggerating lol. Talent is subjective, so one source could think everybody is robbed while another could think results were perfect.

That’s what I was thinking too, but I have never seen anyone make that kind of claim and then say it was from one of the crew members. I think you’re right that there’s probably no truth to it and it’s an exaggeration

Plus there are tons of people who are great and a limited number of spots, so in that sense many eliminated contestants would've been deserving to continue. I've heard similar sentiments in other competitive settings, where if you trade out the entire group that made it and picked a new group, the new group would've been just as good, just different. 

2 hours ago, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

One source’s opinion isn’t going to influence a show’s decision. 

2 hours ago, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

All this means is that the source thought a lot of talented people were cut. That happens every year. If you cast the auditions properly, everyone who gets through to HW SHOULD be capable of doing well.

25 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

All this means is that the source thought a lot of talented people were cut. That happens every year. If you cast the auditions properly, everyone who gets through to HW SHOULD be capable of doing well.

Okay I understand now. The way they were phrasing it made it sound like that some of the choices the judges made were being questioned. I was just a little confused.

11 hours ago, Sheidovitsjaj said:

The spoiler is kind of in plain sight on their social media page

I just went through all their IG pages and I haven’t found anything that confirms a spot for anyone. 🥲 There are a few “stay tuned for something exciting in the new year” though (I recall seeing that from Cole and Hunter, maybe more)

2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I just went through all their IG pages and I haven’t found anything that confirms a spot for anyone. 🥲 There are a few “stay tuned for something exciting in the new year” though (I recall seeing that from Cole and Hunter, maybe more)

At least the person made it clear that it's not Danielle Finn. So only 58 more to go through to figure out.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

Can you give a hint of if it's explicitly stated in an instagram post of a contestant or if we have to read between the lines of the caption the contestant wrote for the post?

The information is probably gone by now. :( 

4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

The information is probably gone by now. :( 

I just can't stand when someone brags about knowing a spoiler and not willing to give helpful information so we can all know. In my opinion, it's better to reveal a spoiler with clues so we can figure it out or if you want to keep the spoiler to yourself, then don't post that you know a spoiler in a spoiler thread. It just opens a can of worms for people wanting to know what you know by asking questions.

Edited by mrsvaledictorian2017