86df10dce024ebdcb69aeae44c0b6e8d85c3ca83.gifv

tumblr_pbxsdeBbyO1qctvaco1_540.gifv

CHRIS: 5

DIANA: 5
ALEX: 9

DEREK: 9

REI: 9

CHRIS

Fun fact: The actress that plays her is the great granddaughter of the Canadian politician credited for Universal Medicare in Canada. And her dad is Kiefer Sutherland and her grandfather is Donald Sutherland.

ALEX

Oddly, Catherine's the only character to improve as the show goes on I think. The first few seasons she's just the daughter who's more of a plot device for Selina. But she really comes into her own as a character and I think she's kinda brilliant the last few seasons. Unfortunately, those first few seasons bring her down in my rankings, but I still love her.

DEREK

This is a tough character to rank because I think Selina does a lot of the work making this character memorable.

REI

I know Catherine was the victim of terrible parenting but she was insufferable tbh. But the whole dynamic between Selina and Catherine, while tragic, was really funny to watch.

9. JONAH RYAN

tumblr_pqslxbbPl01wgzz3eo2_540.gifv

tumblr_pkqkpyPHpC1qa9qc7o3_r1_540.gifv

DEREK: 2

REI: 5

CHRIS: 9
ALEX: 10

DIANA: 10

DEREK

idk if Jonah is necessarily my second favorite, but he is one of the most memorable and distinct characters on the show and I'd like to try to keep him out of last place.

REI

Definitely the most despicable human being ever on TV, but such a great performance that is hard for me to rank this in the bottom.

CHRIS

Not an icon but still hilarious, although I hate dealing with people like him in politics.

ALEX

Jonah is hit or miss for me. Some of his storylines and jokes work and some of them don't. I think I enjoy other characters hating on Jonah more than I actually like Jonah. But when Jonah works...man is it fun to watch!

8. MINNA HÄKKINEN

tumblr_opcgliVT6F1qctvaco1_500.gifv

tumblr_o8q0z7ohMY1qk0j55o1_r1_500.gif

ALEX: 3

CHRIS: 7

DEREK: 7

DIANA: 8

REI: 10

ALEX

I almost bumped her up even higher to see if I can get her out of last place. I doubt I will, but it would be fun if she wasn't lol. Minna's obviously the most minor character in this top 10, but she's still absolutely brilliant. The way she speaks her mind and just always leaves Selina so perplexed is outstanding. Sally Phillips plays Minna brilliantly and I was always looking forward to any episode with her.

CHRIS

A minor character but I like her.

DEREK

Love her! plays a great foil to Selina even though they are friends

REI

Minna was socially awkward character whose interactions with Selina were pretty funny to watch. But is not a super iconic character to me so she ends up in the bottom of my rankings.

7. BEN CAFFERTY

f9d433be8e4c6ed1e599cb249e3ac802.gif

103bf2df42319a958f209a59d02bb12c46f8f07b.gifv

ALEX: 4

DIANA: 4

DEREK: 8

REI: 8

CHRIS: 10

ALEX

After Selina, Ben is the most scathing character on the show, in the best way possible. The writing for him is absolutely brilliant. On a show that thrives with its insults, Ben gets the best ones. I also think what's interesting is that he's one of the smartest and most politically savvy characters on the show as well. Ben was an amazing ally for Selina and I thank him for that.

DEREK

I prefer Kent tbh but Ben is great too

REI

Ben is not a really big character in the sense of adding much to the show. But I liked him well enough so he ends up in this place.

CHRIS

He's fun but kinda useless imo.

6. SUE WILSON

MTAT6uC.gif

tumblr_prerykEoPh1y7hyqoo7_500.gifv

ALEX: 2

CHRIS: 4

DEREK: 5

REI: 7

DIANA: 9

ALEX

I was kinda worried about Sue making it to the end, but it's completely deserved. Sue was the queen of one-liners. She took no bullshit from anyone and she was just so funny. The secret relationship with Kent that would just occasionally pop up is one of my favorite storylines. Also she left the show just as it was getting bad so maybe Sue was the character who saved the show the whole time.

CHRIS

An icon that I inspire to be in my current job - she's a mood and I serve some Sue realness everyday.

DEREK

Icon.

REI

Love was the perfect supporting character. She wasn’t in too many scenes but when she was she was iconic.

5. RICHARD SPLETT

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

DEREK: 3

REI: 4

CHRIS: 6
ALEX: 7

DIANA: 7

DEREK

Such a fascinating character and one of the most consistent characters on the show. His demeanor and personality and values were SOOOO radically different from the rest of the cast, so it was a great idea to introduce him to the show in Season 3. Where this character ends up was so interesting.

REI

Richard was a late addition to the show but he was very great. I really enjoyed the whole Richard and Jonah dynamic.

CHRIS

I just love him.

ALEX

Late character introductions could be difficult, but Richard fit in with the rest of the cast like a glove. In a show with so many evil characters, it was nice to have the human embodiment of sunshine there.

4. MIKE McLINTOCK

giphy.gif

tumblr_n71fzhC3d71s8kxvlo1_500.gif

DIANA: 3
REI: 3
ALEX: 6

DEREK: 6

CHRIS: 8

REI

Lol the whole Veep were highly incompetent but no one was more incompetent than Mike. But the lack of understanding on how to actually do his work brought so many hilarious moments that definitely made this character one of the best.

ALEX

Love him as well! Mike frequently had some of my favorite jokes and storylines each episode. He worked perfectly as the press secretary because there is just so much humor to come from that job. One of the few characters who was consistently great from the start of the show to the end.

DEREK

Whyyyy do they keep this guy around hahaha at least he's fun to watch

CHRIS

I like him but not my favourite main character.

3. AMY BROOKHEIMER 

VeepAmyMicDrop.gif

DIANA: 2
CHRIS: 3
ALEX: 5

REI: 6

DEREK: 10

CHRIS

Also an icon. And I can only dream that one day I will be an Amy Brookheimer.

ALEX

I LOVE Amy. This ranking was impossible because I love every character. I think Amy was my favorite character the first four seasons. Amy's iconic meltdown where she quits is obviously the highlight of her character, and potentially my favorite moment of the entire show...? I think after that moment and when she stops working for Selina, I'm unfortunately a lot less interested in her, so that's really the only reason for this lower ranking. I think Amy can win though and I'd be happy if she did!

REI

Amy was insurable to be honest. And her dating choices were definitely not great (Dan, Jonah). But Amy provide a whole of funny moments on the show so she ends up in this place.

DEREK

She's okay.

How I Met Your Mother (obvz)

Glee

Schitt's Creek

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Friends

@Steven_ Just in case I were to miss when these rounds are happening, these are the shows I plan on signing up for. :yes:

Edited by Elliott

2. GARY WALSH

Gary3.gif

giphy.gif

CHRIS: 2

REI: 2
DEREK: 4

DIANA: 6
ALEX: 8

CHRIS

Also an icon, and I can relate to him so much especially in his role especially how committed he is to Selina.

REI

If someone other than Selina is gonna win, it should be Gary. Gary as a person is so annoying but as a character is hilarious. His whole story is kinda tragic and the ending was actually heartbreaking. Tony Hale was great in this role and a character that helped to make Veep the show what it was.

DEREK

Probably not my favorite person to watch on this show but the character is so distinct and well-acted that I have to rank him high.

ALEX

Of course I love Gary. So pathetic and fiercely loyal to Selina. Gary's meltdown where he brought up the infamous "labor day" is definitely my favorite Gary moment. I couldn't rank him higher because he's a bit too much like Buster Bluth from Arrested Development to me. But I just love the entire top 10 so this is hardly an anti-Gary ranking.

1. SELINA MEYER

tumblr_ooxrx4Pj7c1r8tg38o1_500.gifv

tumblr_prp8zziONQ1qink8wo6_540.gifv

ALEX: 1

CHRIS: 1

DEREK: 1

DIANA: 1

REI: 1

ALEX

Idk if she'll win since Michael just won for The Office, but Veep is Selina's show. The show would not be the same without her, led by the incomparable Julia Louis-Dreyfus. I think the last season or two, they really made her a bit too evil for my liking, but that's more on the writers. Still one of my favorite characters in tv history.

CHRIS

An icon! As some of you know, I'm very into politics & I would live to work for someone like Selina Meyer.

DEREK

Normally I wouldn't rank the lead character as number 1 but in this case it is completely deserved. There's a reason why Julia won the Emmy for Lead Actress six consecutive times for this role. One of the best characters in TV history. And honestly I could watch Julia roast people for hours and hours, and that's pretty much what this show is hahahahaha

REI

This Top 10 is definitely iconic but I don’t think there should be a winner other than freaking Selina Meyers. One of the most despicable characters ever for sure but what a performance by Julia Loius-Dreyfus. Hilarious as f*ck and I loved every single time that her plans didn’t come to fruition as the meltdowns were hilarious. I love this role and I think Julia deserved every single Emmy she want, I wish she could have take one for her last season as well but 6 Emmys out of 7 is not too bad.