• Kenzie Wheeler vs JD Casper - Fishin´ in the Dark
  2. 2. Strongest Individual Performer:

• Connor Christian
    • Aaron Konzelman
    • Ethan Lively
    • Avery Roberson
    • Kenzie Wheeler
    • JD Casper

(NOTE: If you didn´t like any of them, don´t comment "none of them", just don´t answer)

Also, neither Connor nor Aaron are country artists per se, but they sang a straight up outlaw country song, so I couldn´t not include them. Also, no Cam vs Emma, given that 10,000 Hours is not a country song.

Ethan vs. Avery was excellent! Ethan was slightly stronger in that performance, so I'll give it to him. HM to Aaron, Avery, and Connor. I don't looove Connor's tone, but I can appreciate what he did and I thought his vibrato on one of those lines was really cool!

I'm happy to see that I'm slowly starting to enjoy male country more on the show, from this season and last - it definitely makes things more enjoyable.

32 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Ethan vs. Avery was excellent! Ethan was slightly stronger in that performance, so I'll give it to him. HM to Aaron, Avery, and Connor. I don't looove Connor's tone, but I can appreciate what he did and I thought his vibrato on one of those lines was really cool!

I'm happy to see that I'm slowly starting to enjoy male country more on the show, from this season and last - it definitely makes things more enjoyable.

Exactly my thoughts.

ngl I came to this poll with the thought of voting for Cam vs Emma LMFAO but I was pleasantly surprised by Avery vs Ethan tbh

14 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Exactly my thoughts.

ngl I came to this poll with the thought of voting for Cam vs Emma LMFAO but I was pleasantly surprised by Avery vs Ethan tbh

If they were an option, I'd vote for them, but Avery vs. Ethan was also a pleasant surprise for me! Ethan's low voice is just shocking and Avery also went way lower than I thought he would.

Ethan vs Avery was my favorite of the bunch but I liked Kenzie vs JD as well. Voted Kenzie for the individual because I think he gave the best vocal technically, but I enjoyed Ethan the most tbh.

You got me thinking and 10000 hours did get nominated for a Billboard music award for “Top Country Song”....so it sounds more country than pop for me

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

10,000 Hours is not a country song.

But let me know if there are other reasons to consider it more pop than country. I’m curious tbh.

Edited by TheVoiceFan2

Just now, TheVoiceFan2 said:

You got me thinking and 10000 hours did get a Billboard music award for “Top Country Song”....so it sounds more country than pop for me

I don't think Billboard should be trusted when it comes to genres. According to them, this was the biggest "rock" song of 2020. What a joke.

The only country thing about "10,000 Hours" is that a duo which sings pop country songs is on it. Otherwise, its pretty clearly a pop song.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I don't think Billboard should be trusted when it comes to genres. According to them, this was the biggest "rock" song of 2020. What a joke.

The only country thing about "10,000 Hours" is that a duo which sings pop country songs is on it. Otherwise, its pretty clearly a pop song.

Got it. Thanks. You can see I’m not the biggest country (or Billboard) connoisseur lmao.(and yeah. That’s not rock hun)

I did assume it was country mainly because of the artists singing it, but the song doesn’t sound country at all when compared to Avery vs Ethan or Kenzie vs JD lol. I’d still call it country pop, which is what I think is the overall reception of the song tbh.

Edited by TheVoiceFan2

5 hours ago, FloorWax said:

You can’t be serious, wtf.

This is exactly why I don’t bother checking awards noms/shows :haha:

3 minutes ago, Daillon said:

You can’t be serious, wtf.

This is exactly why I don’t bother checking awards noms/shows :haha:

It wasn't an award show, it was a year-end chart. 

https://www.billboard.com/charts/year-end/2020/hot-rock-songs

Here's the chart. For some reason, Taylor Swift's "cardigan" is here as well, which is even more absurd.

• Thanks 1