AI19 # Of Semi-Finalists & Semi-Finals Format

Idol Maniac

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, m1key said:

How are they going to do Top 24 Solos AND duets in the same week??? Im worried that performances are only going to be like 60 seconds long- 

If it's anything like S15-S17, it'll be two weeks long with 12 solos on Sunday's episode and 12 duets on Monday's episode, with 8 from each group advancing to the Top 16.

Just now, Elliott said:

If it's anything like S15-S17, it'll be two weeks long with 12 solos on Sunday's episode and 12 duets on Monday's episode, with 8 from each group advancing to the Top 16.

On the twitter page Idol Maniac posted that Top 24 will be occuring 4/4 and 4/5 with Top 16 being the week later, which means Top 24 will be done in one week. I thought the same as you too originally.

Just now, m1key said:

On the twitter page Idol Maniac posted that Top 24 will be occuring 4/4 and 4/5 with Top 16 being the week later, which means Top 24 will be done in one week. I thought the same as you too originally.

They could have them in groups of 12 each night. It'd be a bit of a busy show, but I could see something like this being in the realm of possibilities:

Split them into two groups of 12 (or do it by gender if it's a 12/12 split). Have the 12 solo performances all happen in a row, then while we're still voting, do 6 duets to give us some leeway for votes to be cast. At the end of the show, announce who's advancing. They could do it for Sunday and Monday (ABC has already done live voting on Monday with DWTS, so they know how to handle it).

18 performances would be a bit of a squeeze, but if they make the duets quick and cut out the filler (lol this is Idol), it's possible. The Voice has done 24 performances in one night before.

1 hour ago, idolfan1234 said:

Then it wouldnt be Celebrity duets, rather Celebrity trios etc

It would still be duets. 

They had a few celebrities pair up with 2 contestants last time. 

Meaning the celebrity sings 2 separate duets

On 3/13/2021 at 6:51 AM, Elliott said:

They could have them in groups of 12 each night. It'd be a bit of a busy show, but I could see something like this being in the realm of possibilities:

Split them into two groups of 12 (or do it by gender if it's a 12/12 split). Have the 12 solo performances all happen in a row, then while we're still voting, do 6 duets to give us some leeway for votes to be cast. At the end of the show, announce who's advancing. 

I wonder if they'd do it by gender. Thought that format really worked in the Fox seasons (except the last one). Looking forward to finding out the direction they're going with this year.

• 3 weeks later...