🌸 Gihanna Zoë Fan Thread 🌸

sydneysam

1 minute ago, sydneysam said:

YES! Deserved omg :wub: I'm still listening to that beautiful studios !

and I can't repost it here atm (probably tomorrow), but Gih has a new post. It looks like she was in a studio or something? 👀

omg omg omg wait, yes she was!! There's a coming soon on her Instagram story. I'm freaking outttt, finally!! :ohyeah:

Edited by sydneysam
  • Like 1

and I can't repost it here atm (probably tomorrow), but Gih has a new post. It looks like she was in a studio or something? 👀

Yeah, her mom also posted a picture of her behind a mic with a guitar player behind her. Maybe a series of recorded covers like Carolina has been doing?

• Thanks 1

omg omg omg wait, yes she was!! There's a coming soon on her Instagram story. I'm freaking outttt, finally!! :ohyeah:

Just now, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, her mom also posted a picture of her behind a mic with a guitar player behind her. Maybe a series of recorded covers like Carolina has been doing?

Ooh looks like the fan thread is gonna get some new material soon 👀 I'm excited!! I know Gihanna said she was going to do covers of some songs (iirc it was "I Was Here" and something else)? Perhaps it's that? I think she was also planning on recording "Glitter In The Air," so it could be that as well.

• Like 1

Just now, QueenCami said:

Ooh looks like the fan thread is gonna get some new material soon 👀 I'm excited!! I know Gihanna said she was going to do covers of some songs (iirc it was "I Was Here" and something else)? Perhaps it's that? I think she was also planning on recording "Glitter In The Air," so it could be that as well.

The background scenery doesn't really scream "Glitter in the Air," but I could totally see "I Was Here" with that scenery.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, British Man said:

Semi Finals

1. Cam Anthony: 647,000

2. Kenzie, Cam, and Corey: 332,000 (UP 1)

3. Kenzie Wheeler: 322,000 (DOWN 1)

4. Victor Solomon: 217,000

5. Rachel Mac: 193,000

6. Gihanna Zoe: 181,000 

7. Dana Monique:  143,000

8.Corey Ward: 130,000 

9. Victor, Dana, and Pia: 122,000

10. Pia Renee: 101,900

11. Jordan Matthew Young: 101,6000 

12. Rachel, Jordan, and Gihanna: 84,000

Semi Finals Instant Save

1. Gihanna Zoe: 220,000

2. Corey Ward: 165,000

3. Jordan Matthew Young: 94,000 

4. Pia Renee: 90,000

5. Dana Monique: 77,000

Quoting this from the other thread. The fact that Reflection was that behind when it comes to views.. it just sounds so wrong to me :( jk. I'm glad though that it's excelling on Spotify LMAO

Edited by sydneysam
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

Quoting this from the other thread. The fact that Reflection was that behind when it comes to views.. it just sounds so wrong to me :( jk. I'm glad though that it's excelling on Spotify LMAO

Yeah, that was one of the best of the night (imo, it was the best.) I’m glad it’s appreciated on here though! 🙂 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, sydneysam said:

Yeah it used to be third around when the videos released, but then it went down to 6th. Most likely something to do with how people re-watch previous performances of those who made it to the final.

Though, looking on the positive, we can at least say that the Instant Save vote was MUCH closer than the Top 9 Team Kelly vote.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, QueenCami said:

Looks like Gihanna's strong theater background explains the "shakiness" at the beginning of her blind... 

FAZSws6.png

Right or wrong, I love their mindset 😍

personally, idk if I have told it here already, but I really don't think her blind audition was in any way underwhelming. sure it may come off as underwhelming when you compare it to Addison, but on its own, I thought it was beautiful and stunning just the way it is 🙃 she soared especially at the end, and as Keegan said on the comment section, "the tone" ;)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sydneysam said:

personally, idk if I have told it here already, but I really don't think her blind audition was in any way underwhelming. sure it may come off as underwhelming when you compare it to Addison, but on its own, I thought it was beautiful and stunning just the way it is 🙃 she soared especially at the end, and as Keegan said on the comment section, "the tone" ;)

I agree. She erased everyone’s doubts with her KO though. ;) 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sydneysam said:

Right or wrong, I love their mindset 😍

Yeah, I didn't think it was underwhelming at all. This is kind of random, but one day I was listening to videos from The Voice while doing something else off screen, and Gihanna's blind came up and before I recognized who it was (vocally), I thought, "Hey, I really like this!" and guessed that it was Lindsay's since Lindsay had my favorite blind. Weird anecdote out of the way, I know that I genuinely really liked that performance, since even before I recognized the voice, I knew it was good. 

Honestly, I don't think that Gihanna had a single weak performance. Plus, she showed different sides to her voice almost every time she performed (even if I thought that the thoouuououousand stars was a vocal trick LOL). I can't wait to hear more music from her, especially since it seems she was in a studio recently 👀  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

can't wait to hear more music from her, especially since it seems she was in a studio recently 👀  

Yup, she is. I wonder what song will that be 🤔 In any way though, I know it'll be a killer. I mean- Ms. Gihanna Zoë never fails to DELIVER 💁🏻‍♀️

• Like 3

15 hours ago, sydneysam said:

Personally, idk if I have told it here already, but I really don't think her blind audition was in any way underwhelming. sure it may come off as underwhelming when you compare it to Addison, but on its own, I thought it was beautiful and stunning just the way it is 🙃 she soared especially at the end, and as Keegan said on the comment section, "the tone" ;)

Random Story Time!

I remember waking up, still half-asleep on my bed, and scrolling through The Voice YouTube the day after that episode of the blind auditions (I hadn't watched it on TV) and as soon as I heard the first 3 notes of the backing music I shot up ("She Used To Be Mine" is my favourite song). Then, during the Climax I was beaming from ear to ear because of how much I liked it.

From then on, I was like "This is my favourite contestant now", and I was praying that she'd make it far in the competition. I hadn't seen the spoilers yet, but I did remember seeing a comment on Halley Greg's audition spoiling what happened in the battles and I remembered and I was like "Oh sh-" because I realized that the comment was talking about how it was Gihanna against Halley in the battles, so I rushed to Google to see if she made it to the Playoffs, and lo and behold, she did, and I was happy that we'd get at least 3 more performances from her.

That was probably a really boring story, but it was the first time I've actually felt connected to a show, because I had finally found a contestant that immediately pulled me in. Often I find myself thinking "Oh they have a really nice voice, I hope they move onto the next round" but, after hearing that blind audition I instead though "I need to hear them sing many songs to see how their voice complements them."

It may be a subtle difference, but it sure didn't feel subtle. It felt riveting to be nervous about whether or not a contestant would do well. And that's why I made the decision to join this Fan Thread. Tbh, I don't think I'll join another Fan Thread unless I experience the same kind of emotion that I felt from that blind audition.

This was your host, and that was my Ted Talk

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, British Man said:

Random Story Time!

I remember waking up, still half-asleep on my bed, and scrolling through The Voice YouTube the day after that episode of the blind auditions (I hadn't watched it on TV) and as soon as I heard the first 3 notes of the backing music I shot up ("She Used To Be Mine" is my favourite song). Then, during the Climax I was beaming from ear to ear because of how much I liked it.

From then on, I was like "This is my favourite contestant now", and I was praying that she'd make it far in the competition. I hadn't seen the spoilers yet, but I did remember seeing a comment on Halley Greg's audition spoiling what happened in the battles and I remembered and I was like "Oh sh-" because I realized that the comment was talking about how it was Gihanna against Halley in the battles, so I rushed to Google to see if she made it to the Playoffs, and lo and behold, she did, and I was happy that we'd get at least 3 more performances from her.

That was probably a really boring story, but it was the first time I've actually felt connected to a show, because I had finally found a contestant that immediately pulled me in. Often I find myself thinking "Oh they have a really nice voice, I hope they move onto the next round" but, after hearing that blind audition I instead though "I need to hear them sing many songs to see how their voice complements them."

It may be a subtle difference, but it sure didn't feel subtle. It felt riveting to be nervous about whether or not a contestant would do well. And that's why I made the decision to join this Fan Thread. Tbh, I don't think I'll join another Fan Thread unless I experience the same kind of emotion that I felt from that blind audition.

This was such a beautiful story tbh, I'm glad you felt that way with Gih! Agree with all of this, it was actually also my first time again being so invested into a Voice artist (after Christina G. from S6), and it all felt new to me again. But, she made it so easy to love and appreciate her because she reciprocates those love and appreciation she received to her fans! She's such a genuine person. Glad to have you in this fan thread ;)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, British Man said:

Random Story Time!

Wow, this is such an amazing story. Season 20 was such an amazing cast and there were so many artists that I became invested in (Gih being one of them.) My hope is that Season 21 provides me with a similar experience. 🤞

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Wow, this is such an amazing story. Season 20 was such an amazing cast and there were so many artists that I became invested in (Gih being one of them.) My hope is that Season 21 provides me with a similar experience. 🤞

Definitely! I want to say Gihanna was the first contestant I messaged and talked to (ever, on any season)? I've actually been wanting to ask Gihanna how it's been at Howard, but I have no idea whether she's moved in yet :haha:, so I'll probably ask about it later. 

7 hours ago, sydneysam said:

30k views for this thread by the way :wub:

Yay!! It's crazy to think that this thread was viewed 30 thousand times!

(Also, who is that in your profile picture? I don't think your signature is updated to reflect your new profile picture.)

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 1

Definitely! I want to say Gihanna was the first contestant I messaged and talked to (ever, on any season)?

For a long exchange one, same! (Andrew was the first, but it was a brief one). It was SO fun talking to her as always ❤️

I've actually been wanting to ask Gihanna how it's been at Howard, but I have no idea whether she's moved in yet :haha:

Yeah, I don't think she has moved yet, it'll be soon though (if she would continue her plan or something). I think she's still in Cali right now? 

7 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I think it’s Bella. 

Got it right ;) I wanted a new female contestant pfp, might as well use this Bella artwork that I absolutely love lol (I'll probably change week by week though 🤪)

• Like 2