• Cáthia (S4)
    • Mary Miranda (S4)
    • Monique Abbadie (S4)
    • Elia Esparza (S11)
    • Johnny Bliss (S14)
    • Jorge Eduardo (S14)
    • Karen Galera (S16)
    • Mandi Castillo (S18)

I'm only including artists who had at least one performance at least mostly in Spanish or otherwise self-identified as a Latin/Latin pop artist

Feel free to rank below!

Julio Cesar Castillo (S3)

Cáthia (S4)

Mary Miranda (S4)

Monique Abbadie (S4)

Elia Esparza (S11)

Johnny Bliss (S14)

Jorge Eduardo (S14)

Karen Galera (S16)

Mandi Castillo (S18)

*Notable Exclusions, since I have a feeling someone might ask about:

Karina Iglesias (S4) - Extent of Spanish was a chorus in her blinds; she didn't

Melissa Jimenez (S6) - I believe her Spanish extent went to one verse in the audition plus if she was in the poll then she would unfairly win. IDF been knew.

Ivonne Acero (S9), Manny Cabo (S9), Genesis Diaz (S14) - eventually all went on to compete on La Voz Season 1, but didn't self-identify as Latin pop/sing in Spanish on The Voice

Lela (S15) - She did one verse in Spanish; not sure how she self-identifies as an artist

Joana Martinez (S17) - She didn't sing in Spanish - even though they did force get her to sing Gloria and Selena

Out of all of them, Mandi´s probably the best technical vocalist, but Johnny´s my favorite. Still listen to his performances of "Preciosa" and "Alive" to this day. Shame that he went from a frontunner to straight out fodder in the blink of an eye, but Alicia´s team was monstrous that season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Out of all of them, Mandi´s probably the best technical vocalist, but Johnny´s my favorite. Still listen to his performances of "Preciosa" and "Alive" to this day. Shame that he went from a frontunner to straight out fodder in the blink of an eye, but Alicia´s team was monstrous that season.

I agree that Mandi and Johnny are probably the 2 strongest.

Johnny would've made the top 12 if he were with Kelly for sure. He would've had a good shot with Alicia if her team weren't so stacked that season. That was probably the most stacked/competitive playoffs team in recent memory.

• Like 1

Personally, if I had to rank:

Fantastic:

1. Johnny Bliss - I genuinely think he's the best that the show's had

2. Mandi Castillo - The best female they've had so far. Would've loved to see her go an extra round or two, but super proud of her nonetheless!

3. Karen Galera - Her version of Mi Corazoncito is INSANELY good and I honestly repeat it more than Maelyn or Domenic's blind from that season. She's currently on La Voz Season 2 and her blind and battle were great!

4. Elia Esparza - We only got Como La Flor out of her, but it was honestly the best cover I've heard on a singing show.

Good:

5. Cáthia - Great performer who deserved the top 12

6. Julio Cesar Castillo - They gave this man La Bamba and Conga, so you know damn well there was no Latino in the room when the producers were deciding who would sing what for their blinds back then... Hopefully that's changed! Also, he's on La Voz Season 2 and not being given La Bamba/Conga/El Rey (but I mean... I obviously don't mind El Rey)

7. Monique Abbadie - Her audition was fun but messy. I'll say that she deserved the win or steal in her KO, however. She deserved to go further.

Eh:

8. Jorge Eduardo - Good, but he flopped in KO's

9. Mary Miranda - I honestly didn't think she was very good at all...

Also, obviously not talking down on Selena (I wouldn't dare!), but the producers have GOT to understand that there are more female Latin artists than Selena... I'm glad that even though they did Mandi dirty with Señorita, they didn't force her to do Selena and instead gave us two beautiful versions of Asi Fue and Corre. Hope that as Latin pop becomes more mainstream and they start getting more Spanish-speaking artists in the top 48 throughout the seasons, that they keep giving them more song choices than just Como La Flor/Dreaming of You/Despacito (God forbid). They've definitely come a long way since season 4 though, I must say.

I actually like Mandi Castillo a lot, but IDF's hate toward her leeched into me a little (peer pressure smh). although she didn't have a huge range like I would've thought, she had a really easy to listen to voice (just like Samantha Howell), and that's why I liked her. I didn't listen to Johnny Bliss much, but remember him having a big voice from his audition, so I picked him.

8 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Also, obviously not talking down on Selena (I wouldn't dare!), but the producers have GOT to understand that there are more female Latin artists than Selena... I'm glad that even though they did Mandi dirty with Señorita, they didn't force her to do Selena and instead gave us two beautiful versions of Asi Fue and Corre. Hope that as Latin pop becomes more mainstream and they start getting more Spanish-speaking artists in the top 48 throughout the seasons, that they keep giving them more song choices than just Como La Flor/Dreaming of You/Despacito (God forbid). They've definitely come a long way since season 4 though, I must say.

Yeah, there are a lot of fantastic latin singers they could do as well, as long as they have the license to do it. I personally didn´t really care for Mandi C., but she does gets points for doing Juan Gabriel in her blind.

15 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

I actually like Mandi Castillo a lot, but IDF's hate toward her leeched into me a little (peer pressure smh). although she didn't have a huge range like I would've thought, she had a really easy to listen to voice (just like Samantha Howell), and that's why I liked her. I didn't listen to Johnny Bliss much, but remember him having a big voice from his audition, so I picked him.

Mandi would've slayed some Natalia Lafourcade ❤️

I love that she never tried to do something too big to show off massive notes or anything - that's not her style. It felt a lot more genuine.

• Like 1

For me in terms of vocal abilities:

1. Cathia- she have the strongest voice among all of them? Maybe because of her range, I also love her covers in yt, you guys should check it out! I am so mad when she lost to Mary Miranda in the battles ugh.

2. Johnny Bliss- for the males in this category, he's got the most strongest voice and his performances are always interesting. His version of Alive is still my favorite in the show 😻

3. Mandi Castillo- her voice is good but not that strong? I remembered that in her audition she said her influence was Mariah Carey (or somethin') but yeah her voice is not that strong and her voice is really limited. I am still bitter about her winning over Thunderstorm. But aside all of that, she's so good in singing in Spanish 😬

4. Karen Galera- her blinds was so good but the next rounds her performances were so weak. Especially that Unfaithful, I do think she's smart to turn it into Spanglish but yikes.

Others I didn't watched that much.

Honestly, Mandi. I loved her BA and KO, which is enough to put her above everyone else.

12 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Mandi would've slayed some Natalia Lafourcade ❤️

I love that she never tried to do something too big to show off massive notes or anything - that's not her style. It felt a lot more genuine.

Hasta la Raíz ❤️

I also would have loved to see her singing La Despedida by Cami. The song is so good that it wouldn’t have mattered that 90% of the audience didn’t understand her.