The Challenge: Reality Royalty Rankdown (CHAMPION ON PAGE 169!)

JC

Danny Roberts

1379695894_danny-rogers-zoom.jpg?w=900&h

As I stated in my previous post, I’m just gonna steal QK’s claim, as I am moreso indifferent on the other two nominees and l’ll let any of the other rankers to decide who to save between Melissa and Mandi. But for now, I am here to talk about Danny Roberts (whom I don’t really know anything about).

Danny Roberts started his MTV reality career on The Real World: New Orleans, which isn’t a Real World season I am too familiar with. Danny did go on to compete on The Challenge in Season 5’s Battle of the Seasons, which also ended up being his only season of the series. And what a season he had, as Danny ended up winning. He was partnered with Kelley Limp. Some tidbits I read on Danny includes that he’s best known for being “the cutest gay guy on the planet.” Hmmm that’s a big statement….. would you agree on that JC? And then also found this: “Danny and partner Kelley may be the most emotionally stable group in the bunch. That's a good or bad thing, depending on your perspective. Good if you like unity and teamwork, bad if you want to see some good old-fashioned fighting and rabble rousing.”

They ended up winning as members of Team Real World with….. the same people i mentioned in Elka’s write-up. Danny won $50,000 for his participation and winning the season. And yeah he hasn’t competed on The Challenge since. But I feel he may have been likable and I would have been a fan of his on the show, maybe.

And oh just from a google search, I see that Danny revealed he is living with and is HIV positive, which is rally sad and heartbreaking to hear. :( I’m wising him strength and all the best at this difficult time. :(

Saving: Laurel Stucky

tumblr_n3vylxJibt1s9eqyfo1_250.gifv

Melissa Howard

I did this on my phone I'll add a picture later.

I know who Mandi is but I don't remember Melissa so that's why I chose to cut her instead. From reading wiki it looks like Melissa was on the original Battle of the Sexes season. It looks like she did pretty well as she made it to episode 17 before losing. I wish I knew more about her since the wiki is giving me very little but I just don't so sorry about the lackluster write up.  She was on a pretty iconic season of the real world where she was with Julie Stoffer so there's that at least. I remember watching that season but I was very young and only remember Julie. 😂 Anyways this seems like a good spot for her since we are so far into this rankdown now so out she goes. 

Saving Mandi 

Cory Wharton

cory-wharton.jpg?w=700&quality=86&strip=all

I'm very much struggling right now what to do with my cut and save because there's three people I really want to see survive and I'm like 100% sure Wally's gonna cut someone I'm leaving in danger that I love, but I've decided I don't want to overthink this and I'm just gonna cut my least favorite left and save my favorite. Cory's an interesting one where I've liked him on some season but haven't been much of a fan on other seasons. I just don't think he's that intersting of a character overall where I feel he should continue to advance, especially with this set of noms. At this point in the game, I think he's a fair cut. Cory is obviously a big name at this point and has done 8 seasons of The Challenge after getting his reality show start on Real World: Ex-Plosion.

His first season was Battle of the Bloodlines that he did with his cousin Mitch. Despite being a rookie, Cory & Mitch made it all the way to the finals and got a respectable second place to Cara Maria & Jamie. Cory had an extremely impressive showing this season, only losing three challenges overall the entire season (mainly because he was on a stacked team when they randomly went to a team format for half the season, but he was still impressive with Mitch). He actually would've been booted early if Raphy didn't f*ck up his elimination win he almost had against Mitch early on. Cory quickly formed a relationship with Aneesa and I found him to be a bit of a f*ckboi, but he won me over a bit as the season went on.

He returned the next season for Rivals 3 with Ashley which was, by far, my favorite season of Cory's. Friendly reminder that Ashley was done ridiculously dirty in this game. Cory was an incredibly supportive partner to Ashley and it was cute to see them becoming friends. Ashley would have random drunken meltdowns and Cory would attempt to have her back ❤️. He also formed a cute showmance with Cheyenne which I actually enjoyed and was pretty much Cory's only decent showmance. They lost about halfway through the season to Nate & Christina shockingly, but they were a really strong partnership.

He came back the following season for Invasions of the Champions. His definitely had a lot of respect on his name at this point which caused him to become more of a leader politically. However, he was also much more of a f*ckboi and pretty much spent the first half of the season seducing Kailah only to dump her when she pissed the bed and jump to Camila. I hate literally everything about that sentence I typed out. He made it all the way to the final again, but completely bombed the puzzle with Nicole on the first part and never recovered. He pretty much threw in the towel at that point, but it helped Ashley win so I'm okay with him screwing over Nicole and Camila.

Cory came back the following season for Dirty 30 in much more of a stacked cast than Champs. Cory had Nelson & Hunter by his side, but the rest of his friends were missing. The bigger names took back over and Cory called them out. Of course this was a terrible move and put Cory squarely at the bottom of the totem pole, but he was there anyway so honestly it didn't really matter. Cory is back in the underdog position, which is a spot I like him a lot more than a politically powerful position. He got sent into the first elimination against Derrick H, but beat him! However, he very quickly went back into elimination against his friend Hunter and lost. Cory was pretty fun in redemption as he rekindled his friendship with Aneesa and I really enjoyed them together (not together but as friends lol). He lost his chance at redemption to Hunter though and got sent home.

Cory has been freefalling for a while and got booted first on the Champs vs. Stars spinoff I didn't watch. He struggled similarly in Vendettas where he still had too many enemies and got sent into elimination immediately against his bff Nelson and lost. This spectacular downfall of Cory really got messy in Final Reckoning. He and Devin entered the season as Mercenaries super late into the season and "beat" Zach & Amanda and Da'Vonne & Jozea in eliminations to make it into the game...and I was PISSED. The elimination was bullsh*t and they had no business entering the season this late. Cory had a lot of friends on his side when he came in so this finally seemed like a good season for him for the first time in forever. But then he gets drunk and dropkicks Tony over some pasta which gets him dq'd :dead:. One of the most ridiculous dq's ever! So I'm kinda just over Cory at this point. He's free falling hard and it's not fun to watch.

He smartly took a break for a couple years and then came back for Total Madness. This was a great move by him because it gave him time to mature and build up his relationships again. Though I didn't finish Total Madness, Cory was a lot more mature from what I can see. However, he's also super boring now lol. Maturity isn't fun on The Challenge unless you're really charismatic or have a really good sense of humor and Cory just doesn't. Double Agents is still young as a season so Cory still has potential to get intersting, but so far he's shown me nothing.

Tl'dr: Cory's rise to political leader is pretty fun because he's a compelling underdog. Then he crashes and burns hard for a bit and it was painful to watch. He's rising up the rankers as a competitor and political player again, but it's super boring to watch so he can go.

Save Evelyn (RIP Ellen :broken: )

Aww Cory. :( I really like him of course but glad he was able to make it this far. Great detailed write-up on him, Alex!

Hmmm struggling once again on a second cut here. Keep changing my mind but will think this through.

Ellen Cho

ellen-cho-of-mtvs-road-rules-picture-id7

Apologies to Alex (and Dee whenever he sees this) on this cut, as I’m sure he really likes Ellen. I know I caused an accidental stir when I had to replace nominate Ellen for someone else earlier in the game. Since then I did refrain from nominating her multiple times. I nearly did last round (and maybe she would have gotten saved there?). But yeah at this point, noms and cuts are getting really tough. Ellen is the only one of the noms I’m not too familiar with, so she’s an easy cut at this point…. and I can’t avoid it anymore. :( Oh and I’m using the above photo since The Challenge fandom wiki photos aren’t able to post anymore which has frustrated me for so long. :/

Ellen Cho started her MTV reality career on Road Rules: The Quest, which I have not seen. Elllen would then go on to compete on one season of The Challenge, which was Season 6’s Battle of the Sexes. I can’t recall seeing this season but of course she was apart of the women’s team. She looked to be a strong competitor being safe the entire season and winning some of the challenges. She ended up being a runner-up this season with Ruthie Alcaide & Lori Trespicio. Ellen hasn’t returned to The Challenge since, which is a shame as she looked like a great competitor and probable would have had some more great seasons under her belt. I feel I would have been a fan of hers had I seen the season but having only done one season, I think this is a good spot for her. Well done to Ellen getting this far.

Saving: Kam Williams

tumblr_p4ha15MPl51tgwx7eo1_500.gifv

Davis Mallory

Davis1.jpg

This second cut was a struggle to decide here, as I was deciding between cutting Davis or Cheyenne. A part of me kinda wanted to cut Cheyenne so they could go out together and that would have been kinda cute - considering they were a showmance and have a child together but I feel like I was more of a Cheyenne fan from more of her time on the show rather than Davis - so that led to me choosing to cut Davis here. 

Davis Mallory got his MTV reality career start on The Real World: Denver. Davis went onto compete on three seasons of The Challenge, which were Season 14’s The Inferno 3, Season 17’s The Duel II and Season 21’s Rivals. Davis is someone I do remember quite a bit about as I saw some of his Real World season and feel certain that I have seen some of his The Challenge seasons too. I can’t exactly remember my thoughts on him. I feel certain i liked him for the most part but maybe he annoyed me at some times too? I cant remember but that’s usually the case with nearly everyone on the show. :lmao: But I do remember his life story from The Real World of being a young man coming out to his conservative family in the South, whom did not take the news well. So I felt bad for Davis going through that in his life but I think he was able to be his true self on these MTV shows (with hopefully less judgement), which is good!

Davis’ time on the show seemed…. alright and actually less impressive than I remember. His first season of  The Inferno 3 was easily Davis’ best season. He was a part of the Good Guys team. He made it far lasting 14 episodes. He did beat Danny Jamieson on Episode 6’s Watch Your Back inferno elimination. But sadly for Davis, he lost to Derrick Kosinski on Episode 14’s Corner Ball inferno elimination. On The Duel II, Davis lost to Evan Starkman on Episode 3’s Spot On Duel elimination. Then on his last season on Rivals, Davis was partnered with Tyrie Ballard but they only lasted 2 episodes after losing to Wes Bergmann & Kenny Santucci on the Blast Off Jungle elimination. Its such a shame Davis hasn’t come back to redeem his last two seasons showings as he looked like he had a lot of potential base on his first season. :( But well done to Davis getting this far and I hope he is doing well in life right now.

Saving: Wes Bergmann

tumblr_njmod33GLL1qbikx0o2_540.gif

3 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

200.gif

I'm feeling this way about this round too :( It's like MAGA terrorists taking over this rankdown 😢 (JK Wally 😛 )

Trishelle Cannatella
Cheyenne Floyd
@Deeee we need you back to stop the madness!

After 6 more hours anyone can save/cut @*Wallace @QueenKalie @Alex95

Also I just realized this after some cleanup, @1234567890 you owe me a writeup for Theresa Gonzalez :rofl:from like many rounds ago or I guess if anyone else likes her, you can do the writeup for Victoria

Edited by JC

• JC changed the title to The Challenge: Reality Royalty Rankdown (Cycle XX Vendettas - Awaiting Final Cut)
2 hours ago, JC said:

I'm feeling this way about this round too :( It's like MAGA terrorists taking over this rankdown 😢 (JK Wally 😛 )

Trishelle Cannatella
Cheyenne Floyd
@Deeee we need you back to stop the madness!

After 6 more hours anyone can save/cut @*Wallace @QueenKalie @Alex95

Also I just realized this after some cleanup, @1234567890 you owe me a writeup for Theresa Gonzalez :rofl:from like many rounds ago or I guess if anyone else likes her, you can do the writeup for Victoria

omggg. :dead: I feeel bad for my latest cuts as I know how it comes across but I promise its not how it looks. I'm so sorry. 🙈

I think Victoria should be able to do at least one write-up. :giggle: I spared her from having to do all these write-ups this cycle. Although if someone else wants to do it, then that's fine too. :haha: 

4 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

omggg. :dead: I feeel bad for my latest cuts as I know how it comes across but I promise its not how it looks. I'm so sorry. 🙈

I think Victoria should be able to do at least one write-up. :giggle: I spared her from having to do all these write-ups this cycle. Although if someone else wants to do it, then that's fine too. :haha: 

I'm going to assume it's the guy getting cut that has JC all bothered. :giggle:

Cheyenne Floyd

rs_600x600-180906150751-600.cheyenne-flo

Aww I’m kinda sad to be cutting Cheyenne Floyd as I do really like her but I like Trishelle too, and she is a literal MTV reality legend (on both The Real World and The Challenge), so it would be wrong to cut her right now. But Cheyenne only did one season of The Challenge so this is a fair spot for her to go.

Cheyenne Floyd got her MTV reality career start on Are You the One? Season 3. That was an AYTO season I didn’t watch as I started watching that show on Season 4 so i can’t comment on her time there. But Cheyenne and Devin were rivals on that show, which led to them being partners on The Challenge’s Season 28’s Rivals III. Cheyenne & Devin were eliminated on Episode 2’s Back It up Jungle elimination against Jessica McCain & Johnny Reilly. Due to Brandon & Briana’s withdrawal in the game, Cheyenne & Devin got a second chance and certainly made the best out of it. They managed to be a great partnership and worked really well together. Cheyenne also found herself in a showmance with Cory Wharton, and aw I really liked them and found them cute as a couple there. They would later go on and have a daughter together. They aren’t together anymore but I hope they are doing well co-parenting. I found a cute pic of them all together.

Cheyenne-Floyd.jpg

And I did say it would be cute having Cory and Cheyenne going out the same round, soo here it goes, lol. I remember finding Cheyenne to be sweet and rootable on there (especially as an underdog type). She was certainly the kind of contestant I would love, of course. :haha: But yeah as I said, Cheyenne and Devin worked well together and made it all the way to the Final, where they placed 3rd. Cheyenne also received $12,500.

Since Cheyenne’s time on the show, she became a cast member on Teen Mom OG in Season 7. The show is currently in its 9th season. This isn’t a show I watch but i saw some commercials of it and Cheyenne on there and  I was like “Oh snap, that’s Cheyenne.” Maybe I’ll try to find clips of her time on that show to see how she’s doing? Anyway, Cheyenne has only done one season of The Challenge. I’m not sure of the likelihood of her coming back to do the show. I don’t think it’s impossible but its probably unlikely as she’s on another MTV show right now. But I’d love to see her on this show again.

Saving: Trishelle Cannatella

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JC said:

I honestly forgot about this because I’m so livid and distracted by current events but thanks Wally! ❤️ 

Aw you're welcome, JC. :hug: 

11 hours ago, Alex95 said:

I'm glad someone else made the decision because I didn't want to :broken:. I think Trishelle has much higher highs, but also much lower lows than Cheyenne. While Cheyenne has just one really great season.

LOL I was hoping for someone else to make the decision. :dead: Ahhh yeah I totally agree with you on all of this. I was sad to see either go as I really like them both.... but figured Trishelle was more deserving of staying.