The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

58 minutes ago, RTV said:

Including Texas, 27 states have Republican governors. The one Republican governor who did not sign the statement supporting Texas is Phil Scott of Vermont. 

I was wondering about that, thanks for the info. 🙂 

I guess VT governor had to check the sentiments of his constituents before acting. The 25 governors are from red or purple States.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

His candidacy will be interesting. Currently, he seems to be hurting Biden more than Trump in polling, but that could easily change with Trump’s legal problems. He’ll need to be on the debate stage with the other two. 

He's lib, but unlike Biden, he openly criticizes Covid lockdowns, and he sides with TX when it comes to the border.  I think he can take some support from anti-Trumper reps as well.

1 minute ago, season1 said:

I guess VT governor had to check the sentiments of his constituents before acting.

I did a Google "news" search tonight for "Phil Scott Vermont governor" to view the headlines, which are predominantly about his state budget address. However, The Boston Globe headline is "How Vermont's Phil Scott became the most popular governor in America." The first phrase in the article from four weeks ago says he's "a Republican in the bluest state in the union," so you're probably right.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

He's lib, but unlike Biden, he openly criticizes Covid lockdowns, and he sides with TX when it comes to the border.  I think he can take some support from anti-Trumper reps as well.

So he’s more conservative than Trump on both COVID and the border. Got it. 

Of course, it’s just talk at this point. Trump talked a big game on the border, but actions didn’t match the rhetoric when it counted. COVID….well, you know. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m guessing this does not bode well for his chances of becoming the next Gov. of Florida. :haha:

He deserves this, tbh.

I disagreed with Marco and Byron as well on the Trump endorsement, but I still like them cz they were VERY respectful of Ron, and they've done a good job politically too. But this man... I don't respect at all.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

He deserves this, tbh.

I disagreed with Marco and Byron as well on the Trump endorsement, but I still like them cz they were VERY respectful of Ron, and they've done a good job politically too. But this man... I don't respect at all.

Yeah, I don’t like him at all. He has that “punch me” look on his face all the time. 

• Like 1

^^^

This is what we have to look forward to for the next 9 months. 

This election won’t be about the issues. It will be about Trump’s court cases, and and a food fight over which one of them is more senile. Two of the most unpopular political figures in America. What did we do to deserve this. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

This attorney did an outstanding job of explaining why Trump doesn’t have an appeal in the E. Jean Carroll case. I’ll post a couple of his tweets, but his timeline is full of explanations, and answers to questions about the case. He also detailed why Habba was so incompetent, with examples. She had no business trying this case, or any case. Sounds like Trump is screwed on this one. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2